guess what i bought...

uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
edited September 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
so this weekend i realized that i had some cash in the bank that needed to be spent, so i went over to the guitar store and tried out some effects. the ibanez ts-9 and ts-9dx didn't really impress me that much (still looking for a ts-808). so i ended up buying the effect that i wanted to get three years ago: and ebow.

i love this little thing. it's awesome sounding, and i get some great sounds playing it through a delay.

so in conclusion: i love the ebow, i love the ebow, i love the ebow, i love the ebow.

oh, and i love the ebow.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i need to get one. i used to have custody of a friend's and i loved it.
  • uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    my only problem is they bumped the price up by thirty-one bucks over the past two months. so i ended up paying C$160... BUT i had a $50 gift certificate, so it wasn't too bad.

i can't get the hang of playing ed's wishlist solo with it though, i guess i've gotten used to using volume swells.
  • BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    I just dropped a substantial amount of money on a home recording studio setup.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
    Originally posted by BinFrog
    I just dropped a substantial amount of money on a home recording studio setup.

what did you end up with?
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Boss BR-532 digital 4 track. Kinda wish it was the 8 track now.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    does the BR-532 have virtual tracks though? that let's you get passed some of the limitations of 4 tracks.
    you guessed it. 32 virtual tracks 8 per track. :)

No bs rewinds either. I really need a punch in punch out switch though.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Originally posted by exhausted
    what did you end up with?

I got a Zoon MRS802, a Marshall microphone package, 2 boom stangs, a mic pre-amp and amp, and some other smaller stuff.

You can find info on the Zoom digital recorder anywhere. The Marhsall package is pretty slick too: http://www.zzounds.com/item--MSEPROPACK
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    you guessed it. 32 virtual tracks 8 per track. :)

No bs rewinds either. I really need a punch in punch out switch though.

that's cool. you end up having to bounce tracks more often but at least it gets you passed 4.
    yeah but I haven't quite mastered it yet. I really hate reading manuals.
    Originally posted by BinFrog
    I got a Zoon MRS802, a Marshall microphone package, 2 boom stangs, a mic pre-amp and amp, and some other smaller stuff.

You can find info on the Zoom digital recorder anywhere. The Marhsall package is pretty slick too: http://www.zzounds.com/item--MSEPROPACK

muey bueno.
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    yeah but I haven't quite mastered it yet. I really hate reading manuals.

if it's anything like my tascam, it's a piece of cake once you figure it out. you always have to be careful what's assigned to where though so you don't overwrite anything.
    yeah I've been uber careful but this new song I have I need to redo it all anyway because the "bright acoustic" that sounds awesome on the headphones sounds way to tinny through my denon and Polks.
    my headphones are really dark too. i gave up and now just record everything with flat EQ and then adjust it when mixing.
    I thought about that. The amp models really need tweaking and I really need an external PA for this crap or at least some monitors but the cheap and dirty was to just run it through my home theatre system.
    i use alesis m1 active monitors. i've had them for a long time and quite like them. i think they're not too expensive nowadays.

when i mix, i take my signal from the recorder digitally to my cd burner and then run the monitors off the outputs of the CD burner. truest final product sound that way i've found.
    I got to buy a new external sound card so I can go all digital and use the computer monitors. I have to use my roommates computer cause I don't have a CD burner.
  • you took the element of guessing out of the equation

dominic
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours
  • uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    well what would you have guessed? maybe i'll pick something else up this weekend (unlikely) and actually let people guess this time.