Fender Cyclone?

nfmessiahnfmessiah Posts: 58
edited September 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
want a new ax, but want to hear some informed comments on this one. i don't want another strat.
once dissolved we are free to grow...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• thanks! :)
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    check out an SG, same weight more balls.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i'd agreed. it's worth it to pinch the extra pennies and then get your hands on an SG. perhaps an SG special.

i read way too many bad things about the cyclone at HC.

of course, not of these guitars i'll ever play since they're all ass backwards for me.
    I worked at guitar center. I was just generally unimpressed with the build quality-set up-wood and sound of these guitars when the company does so much else well.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • SG's are expensive. nice as hell, though.
    well not to bad. SG Specials (the faded's) get deals around 600 or maybe even 550. Not far off from the 400 you were looking at.

Plus Gibson usually has deals depending on the month for 12 to 15 months interest free so you could take your sweet time paying it off. SG Special with the nicer paint job runs about 800 but you can probably get a case with it too.

SG standards and classics (Pete Townsend) run about 1200 with a case

61 reissues are 1700.

Angus Youngs (61 ri, with a floating trem) about the same 1700

and a SG Supreme (think LP Custom) 2200

Also the Les Paul SG (cream 3 p/u) above 2 grand

If you can find it a vintage 67-74 SG with P-90's go for around 2200

60's SG Juniors are slightly less or more depending on quality.

New SG Juniors run about 400.

Also if you aren't worried to much about the name on the headstock.

Epiphone Elite (quality built american humbuckers good wood) 61 ri will run you about 800 but it is probably a better guitar than the Gibson SG Special.
    get a California Girl case with it.

(The brown leather Gibson Case) The new ones are black.

Brown on the outside Pink on the inside thus (California Girl Case)
    Originally posted by Pacomc79

Brown on the outside Pink on the inside thus (California Girl Case)

dude.
  • thanks for all the info. think i'm gonna get an SG special, definitely within my budget.
    Originally posted by nfmessiah
    thanks for all the info. think i'm gonna get an SG special, definitely within my budget.

give one a try. definitely a more quality guitar than the cyclone.
    I think you will like it. No binding so the neck plays like buttah.

Takes a while for your hand to get used to the neck from the smaller fender but the weight is perfect and the sustain is incredible. I hope you like it.
    when i bought my lefty LPC, they had an SG std too. cherry.

sometimes i think i should have bought the SG.
    if I didn't want a 62 ri strat. I'd really want an SG. because of my LP Studio I really like the non binding on the SG special faded's and classics. I want an SG with P-90's really but if I could get a 335 that'd be the end of that.
  • its a kick ass guitar. and i dont even like fenders.
    this heart's on fire