the switching pedals

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited September 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
are you tone hounds willing to suffer tiny amounts of switch-pop in exchange for true bypass, bufferless switching?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    sure if it's not so substantial as to damage my speaker. I don't plan on switching all that much I want the box itself to be quiet.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    nothing anywhere near enough to damage a speaker. it's seriously not much louder than the blade switch in a guitar.

as for the box itself being quiet. there is zero difference being nothing, the box, and the box with power connected. i tested tons of things last night and i can say that the grounding is solid.

it should be a totally transparent box.
    totally transparent and much cheaper than if you bought the 22 dollar Fulltones. Nice Job.

THe Fluke meter never lies.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Originally posted by exhausted
    are you tone hounds willing to suffer tiny amounts of switch-pop in exchange for true bypass, bufferless switching?

Do you see it as a problem using an A/E.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
    Originally posted by puremagic
    Do you see it as a problem using an A/E.

active electronics?

i doubt it. but that's why i'm getting these things out to you guys. so they can be tried in different siuations. i only have one rig.

i'm using better switches than the morley uses. i know that for sure.

basically, it's like this.

if you are *not* playing. you can hear the switch from A to B or from main to tuner. but it's very quiet. louder if you've got high gain effects on at the time. but that's what noise suppressors are for. when you are playing and switch from A to B or vice versa, you can't hear it.
    if you are *not* playing. you can hear the switch from A to B or from main to tuner.

That's it, pffft. I don't have a problem with that.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
    Originally posted by puremagic
    That's it, pffft. I don't have a problem with that.

do you want to see the artwork for the front of your pedal? i use the term artwork loosely.
    do you want to see the artwork for the front of your pedal? i use the term artwork loosely.

Yea!
    http://www3.telus.net/alcoholiday/guitar/pures%20pedal.JPG

if you hate it, let me know so i can cry for a few days and then re-do it.
    thats really cool Ex.

It's winking on the B channel.
    http://www3.telus.net/alcoholiday/guitar/pures%20pedal.JPG

if you hate it, let me know so i can cry for a few days and then re-do it.

Ok, now that I'm back from the bathroom, because it made me laugh so hard.
    I like it very much.
    Thank you.
    you're welcome. i'm glad you do.