all time favourite line

Comments

• Originally posted by peachykeen
    *a compliement for us is a compliement for you*~ not really pearl jam but i find it funny everytime i watch singles

HA HA!! yeah. this cracks me up EVERYTIME.. especially the expression on Ed's face when he says it.. it's like he's just about to crack up himself.

-elisa
    " we were but stones, ... your light made us stars" - Lightyears
  • CiNJaMCiNJaM Posts: 53
    there are so many.... hard to pick just one, but.... my all times fave is: "I hope someday you have a beautiful life, I know you´ll be a star in somebody else´s sky, but why, why, why can´t it be mine..." of DF concert, I gues...

and also: "the ocean is full ´cause everyone is cryin´the full moon is looking for friends at hide tide (...) I only own/ know my mind, I am mine..."
  • "Head at your feet, fool to your crown, fist on my plate, swallowed it down" - Rearview Mirror - Pearl jam
    "We're All Significant Behind The Eyes"
  • An absolute classic line:

"Bus driving's harder on your head than on your feet."

Others:

"Don't see some men as 1/2 empty see them 1/2 full of shit"

"don't need a hand, there's always arms attached, oh don't get behind, i can't fall back"

"i got bugs in my room, bugs in my bed, bugs in my ears, their eggs in my head" - disgusting :(

"the full moon is dead skin, the one down here's wearing thin"

"Let's pick up your will,... it's grown fat and lazy"

"sorry is the fool who trades his soul for a corvette , thinks he'll get the girl, he'll only get the mechanic"
    "This is a public service annowncement... with guitars!!"
  • NothingbetterNothingbetter Wichita, KS Posts: 570
    This is a tough one, has to be between:

"..tattooed all I am, all I'll be.."

or

"..caught a bolt of lightening, cursed the day he let it go..."
    Kansas City 6/12/03 ** Kissimmee 10/9/04 ** Atlantic City 10/1/05 ** Denver 7/2/06 ** Denver 7/3/06 ** Chicago 8/23/09 ** Chicago 8/24/09 ** Kansas City 5/3/10 ** Dallas 11/15/13 ** Oklahoma City 11/16/13 ** St. Louis 10/3/14 ** Tulsa 10/8/14 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/20/16 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/22/16 ** Oklahoma City 9/20/22 ** Ft. Worth 9/15/23

EV - St. Louis 7/1/11 ** Tulsa 11/19/12
  • nicoolnicool Posts: 89
    "I have wished for so long.... how i wished for you today.. without you something's missing.."
    You sheltered me from nothing but the weather...
  • oldermanolderman Posts: 1,765
    pretends to sleep as he looks her over....

(get the fuck away... ok?)
    Down the street you can hear her scream youre a disgrace
    As she slams the door in his drunken face
    And now he stands outside
    And all the neighbours start to gossip and drool
    He cries oh, girl you must be mad,
    What happened to the sweet love you and me had?
    Against the door he leans and starts a scene,
    And his tears fall and burn the garden green
  • RhinoGirlRhinoGirl Posts: 1
    "Push me and I will resist"

"Everything has changed, absoltely nothing's changed"

I heard "Corduroy" on the radio this morning so these have been in my head all day.
  • drew997drew997 Posts: 1
    "Some die just to live..." from Immortality.
    some die just to live
  • dreadheaddreadhead Posts: 64
    "the ocean is ful coz everyone's cryin" i am mine
    "I wish I was Australian at home under the sun" Eddie- Perth 03
  • My fav. lyric comes from my fav. song which is Black by none other than PJ:

"I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be the sun/star (whichever you think is correct, so don't flame) in somebody else's sky but why, why, why can't it be, why can't it be mine, all mine?"

Actually that whole somg is great, I love it!!!
    Oh yeah I also really like this line from that same song:

"And now my bitter hands cradle broken glass, of what was everything?"
    (((Peace)))
  • idvedderidvedder Missouri Posts: 27
    the man they call my enemy, i've seen his eyes...he looks just like me...a mirror
    the more you read, you've been deceived and every day it becomes clearer...clearer
    not my enemy!
    St. Louis, 2003; Kansas City, 2010; Alpine Valley 1&2 2011; Wrigley Field, 2013; OKC, 2013; St. Louis, 2014; Memphis, 2014
  • ......don't mean to push...but i'm being SHOVED!!!!...........
    ...It's only after disaster that we can be resurrected...
    it's only after you've lost everything ...that you are free to do anything....(Fight Club)

... I'll ride the wave...where it takes me....
  • i've got scratches all over my arms...one for each day since i fell apart..............
    it's only after you've lost everything ...that you are free to do anything....(Fight Club)

• oh yeah and the ending lines of immortality

~~~~~~~some die just to live~~~~~~~~~

• Mr PyjamaMr Pyjama Posts: 253
    "And fuck me if i say something you don't wanna hear. fuck me. And fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear."

"We're all alowed to dream of the next time we touch"

"We were but stones, but your light made us stars."

"Escape is necer the safest path, she folded, a dissident is here".

"I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, i know you'll etc..."

You could practically quote all of Black.
    Situations get fucked up and turned around sooner or later...
  • neboyneboy Posts: 4
    The love gone bad, turned my world to black, tatooed all i see, all that i am, all that i'll beeeeeeeeeee, yeaaaaaah!
    Quit looking, you just might find it.
    x Neboy
  • yes, these amongst many others. we all know the pain involved when having to choose just one.

"And wherever you've gone, and wherever we might go, it don't seem fair, today just disappeared. Your lights reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."-Light Years (the whole song, actually)

"A scratching voice, all alone. It's nothing like your baritone. It's nothing as it seems, the little that he needs, it's home. The little that he sees, there's nothing he concedes, it's home.."-Nothing as it Seems (am I the only one that picture the one who Eddie is singing about?)

"I would rather run, but I can't walk, I guess I'll lie alone just like before."-Corduroy (I think I may have heard this song 150 times in the past month :)
    There's a fear they'll soon be parting ways.
  • FoundCatFoundCat Posts: 8
    I don't mind stealing bread
    From the mouths of decadence
    But I can't feed on the powerless
    When my cup's already overfilled...

FC
    "A scratching voice, all alone. It's nothing like your baritone. It's nothing as it seems, the little that he needs, it's home. The little that he sees, there's nothing he concedes, it's home.."-Nothing as it Seems (am I the only one that picture the one who Eddie is singing about?)

who do u picture eddie is singing about?
    Originally posted by Lithium_Barbiedoll
    yes, these amongst many others. we all know the pain involved when having to choose just one.

"I would rather run, but I can't walk, I guess I'll lie alone just like before."-Corduroy (I think I may have heard this song 150 times in the past month :)

who do u think eddie is singing about in nothing as it seems??
  • i didn't actually mean that i can name a person, specifically. more like, can you picture the person..
    whenever i hear Nothing as it Seems, i feel like the person being spoken of is lost (physically, mentally) and all he wants is to be comforted. a lot of dark imagery... hopelessness being one of the main factors.
    There's a fear they'll soon be parting ways.
  • PrettyNoosePrettyNoose Posts: 146
    not quite my all time favourite line but seeing as i was born on this day it makes me feel special :D

The 23rd of May, you know she disturbed no one today
    her life was saved by Rock 'n' Roll
  • they can buy but can't put on my clothes
    And after all this, won't you give me a smile?
  • nicolemichnicolemich Posts: 1
    I change by not changing at all.....
    nicolemich
  • LuvJamLuvJam Posts: 11
    "If I knew where it was I would take you there"

"Take my F-king hand"

GREAT POST
    "take my f-king hand"
  • LuvJamLuvJam Posts: 11
    "Should I listen to the Voices in my head?"
    "take my f-king hand"
  • EpochEpoch Posts: 11
    Caught a Bolt of Lightning. Cursed the day he let it go.
    Principal Skinner: "The students are over-stimulated. Willie! Remove all the colored chalk from the classrooms."
    Willie: "I warned you! Didn't I warn you?! That colored chalk was forged by Lucifer himself!"
  • blankmanblankman Posts: 2
    they can buy, but can't put on my clothes...
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me....
  • Ooze27Ooze27 Posts: 3
    Hi newbie here!

If i had to pick a line it would be the one from Present Tense,not a line but the whole concept!

Or you can come to terms and realize
    You’re the only one who can forgive yourself
    "None is more hoplessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."-Goethe