Options

Black enterpritations please.

JesterTGameJesterTGame Posts: 109
Me and my fellow pearljam junkie freind want to know what the worlds veiw on what black is about and different variations of what we all think it's about. Everyone sees a certain way and each persons veiw is a little bit different and i just wanna get it out of you all. cheers post away.

It's already been sung,
but it cant be said enough, all you need is love.
Fuck me if i say somthing you dont want to hear,
Fuck me if you only hear whats in your head.
Fuck me if you can, coz im not leaving here.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I see Black as a song about lost love. It's an extremely personal song to Ed about someone he loved. The love's gone bad and now he's alone and he's now a broken shell of the man he used to be. Everything in his life was about this girl.....

"All five horizons revolved around her soul, as the earth to the sun....."
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    black is the best break up song ever written. It's almost an oxymoron. . . ed obviously expresses mixed feelings here. He wishes he could have this girl back, but part of him also wants her to have a good life with whoever she ends up with. This is PJ's most emotional song, in my opinion.
    "I'm making music for music's sake, and I have an audience I'm proud of." -EV

• Options
    duskdusk Posts: 18
    if you like black, listen to the unplugged version if you can!

Eddies never sounded better!
    Kids - it won't make you blind and it won't stunt your growth! Go on, have a wank!
  • Options
    JohnJohn Posts: 25
    Eddie just sounded better at the time of Ten and VS. than he does now
    You dont give blood and take it back again
  • Options
    I kinda disagree I love his voice now. It's not as raw as it was but you listen to Long Road or even DTE loud and tell me his voice was better back then.
    Lost 9 friends we're getting to know
  • Options
    it's the most buetiful anthem ever! it's about a broken heart, plain & simple, I don't think anyone can beg the differ on that point....it will always be there greatest song, I love hearing the Live On Two Legs version, Mike's solo at the end is the greatest solo ever!
    Hell; a paticular realm of the after life where they never play Pearl Jam
  • Options
    Black to me, is like when everything around you reminds you of that one person. You reach out but they are not there.

It is also filled with hope that things will work out for the best.

"She'll be a star some day in some elses sky"

"I don't think these people understand." E.V.
    "I'm lost,I'm no guide, but I'm by your side." E.V.
  • Options
    Black is the reason I started listening to Pearl Jam.