Options

this jammed me ...alive

August stormAugust storm Posts: 186
ALIVE

i love this song, and also i have heard many opinions about what the song means.......is it the story of a son getting over a fathers death or is it about the mother wanting her son in a sick way? or maybe both? well like i said before im never sure what songs are supposed to mean so i take what i get from the song i choose to use the song as a way to rejoice the fact that im alive! so i get all pumped up when i hear this ...makes me want to sing and be all happy....
peace

i do wonder sometimes about this song, becuase if it is about a mother wanting her son in a sexual way and it ends up messing the kid up (in the head) for the rest of his life that is a very sad situation........................................................................................
whats good for the goose is good for the gander
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    It's the 1st of the 3 songs that make up the murderer trilogy - Alive, Once, Footsteps. It is a good song if you ignore what it is about. Finding out the "real" meaning of the song made it drop on my favorite list, but I do like it better when I hear it followed by Once and Footsteps (figure that one out).
    "So i'll just lie alone and wait for the dream,
    where i'm not ugly and your lookin' at me."
  • Options
    thank you for sharing with me:) and with such deep meaning i love this song even more becuase it has a bit of reality in it...even if its not the one we want to hear:( i feel really sorry for anyone who can really relate to the true meaning of the song...........
  • Options
    SpomenkaSpomenka Posts: 145
    ''Part 2 of Eddie's mini-opera, which is commonly referred to as the "Mamasan trilogy" (Alive > Once > Footsteps). In Once, the tortured man from Alive doesn't know how to deal with life anymore and loses control of himself. He goes out killing people and becomes a serial killer. ''

there's a part that goes
    ''While you were sittin' home alone at age thirteen
    Your real daddy was dyin'..''

it's relates to Ed. his father died when he was 13...
    he puts a lot of himself in all of his songs...
    luckily he didn't go like the guy from 'Alive', otherwize PJ would never existed
    Pearl Jam pieces...

This is how I saw it one day: Insignificance at the Porch of Mankind

http://www.blogovanje.com/Storms_Of_Small_Ocean/komentari.php?id=17
  • Options
    Originally posted by Spomenka
    ''Part 2 of Eddie's mini-opera, which is commonly referred to as the "Mamasan trilogy" (Alive > Once > Footsteps). In Once, the tortured man from Alive doesn't know how to deal with life anymore and loses control of himself. He goes out killing people and becomes a serial killer. ''

there's a part that goes
    ''While you were sittin' home alone at age thirteen
    Your real daddy was dyin'..''

it's relates to Ed. his father died when he was 13...
    he puts a lot of himself in all of his songs...
    luckily he didn't go like the guy from 'Alive', otherwize PJ would never existed
    amen to that:)