Options

garden

FancyFacadeFancyFacade Posts: 330
awesome song
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    I so LOVE this song!! Great vibe to it and very interesting lyrics! It was one of my favorites from day one!

the direction of the eye, so misleading
    the defection of the soul, nauseously quick

what do u think its about?
    your light's reflected now
  • Options
    i dont know. i just like the guitar part.

i think i recall, Stone had a garden, or he is a gardener of some sort...and it was written with that in mind. or something. maybe a joke or something...not sure..
  • Options
    i think it holds a more deeper meaning (but thats just me) i see the world as a garden, but the cities made the garden a garden of stone.. a cold place.. and this song is about those kind of changes in this world imho.
  • Options
    I like the way Eddie's voice echoes at the start before he says 'the direction of the eye'. Sounds mystical.
  • Options
    duskdusk Posts: 18
    Originally posted by Obi Once
    I so LOVE this song!! Great vibe to it and very interesting lyrics! It was one of my favorites from day one!

I think this may be about how you can easily be sucked into falling in love with a person that's wrong for you that hurts you and abuses your love i.e. you love them, they don't love you. You love a person so much you become blind to what they're doing to you (we've all been there) and although its painful -

"I will walk with my hands bound,
    I will walk with my knees cut"

- You carry on loving them walking through their garden of stone.

Thats what i think about when listening to the song.

One.
    Kids - it won't make you blind and it won't stunt your growth! Go on, have a wank!
  • Options
    i think it holds a more deeper meaning (but thats just me) i see the world as a garden, but the cities made the garden a garden of stone.. a cold place.. and this song is about those kind of changes in this world imho.

Oh man that makes tons of sense....Thanks for a differant view on this song
  • Options
    i forgeti forget Posts: 281
    Garden is one of my favorite songs!
    It speaks to me of independence.
    Thanks Pearl Jam, for all you do.:D
  • Options
    WernyWerny Posts: 63
    I agree with the love one - the lyrics are VERY fitting. Oh, except for the "After all is done, and we're still alone"...

The opposite is happening to me right now, I have this big fat crush on a girl and I know what she's doing to me and I don't want to want her but the stupid human impulses won't stoooop!
    This puke stinks like beer, and everybody's here, so come on come on come on, let's lay waste to this Century...
  • Options
    Originally posted by brother123
    Oh man that makes tons of sense....Thanks for a differant view on this song
    wooohhhooooo!! it made sense :D dunno if its correct but somehow it seems to give me a certain view on the world..

i don't question, our existence
    i just question, our modern needs
  • Options
    Originally posted by dusk

I think this may be about how you can easily be sucked into falling in love with a person that's wrong for you that hurts you and abuses your love i.e. you love them, they don't love you. You love a person so much you become blind to what they're doing to you (we've all been there) and although its painful -

"I will walk with my hands bound,
    I will walk with my knees cut"

- You carry on loving them walking through their garden of stone.

Thats what i think about when listening to the song.

One.

no way..i had the same interpretation of Garden when i heard it first...it touched my soul so deeply and painfully
    How can I be free with what's locked inside of me?