Options

Breath

All of Pearl Jam's songs are amazing. What I love about Breath is just listening to it makes me nervous. I love the feeling, like being on a rollercoaster with your eyes closed and you know youre going really fast, but you have no idea what direction...has to be Breath.
Hush my baby...don't you cry...
You're my little alibi
Oh baby, please...I need some sleep
Hmm, now be taking
You with me
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    nico10nico10 Posts: 21
    That's a good way to put it.....I never thought of it like that!
  • Options
    yeah, i think somehow about that one too
    but i think it's just a great song for riding my bike or moped down a hill really really really fast and singing do what you gonna do say what you gonna say,dum dum dumdi nannn na nananananan nan nan noo nannn nnaaa na na nanan guitar yeah born to tamtata yeah sent tam tam tam breath and scream

NA NA NAA NA NANN NANANANNNN NAAAAAAA YEAHH

btw:i just got a life version of it is there a studio version too?
    BANZÄÄÄ

When he was six, he believed that the moon overhead followed him
    By nine, he deciphered the illusion, trading magic for fact, no trade-backs
    So this is what it's like to be an adult?
    If he only knew now what he knew then
  • Options
    For breath? A studio version can be found on the "Singles" movie soundtrack. If you don't own it already you should, everything on it is fantastic.
    Hush my baby...don't you cry...
    You're my little alibi
    Oh baby, please...I need some sleep
    Hmm, now be taking
    You with me
  • Options
    Monyc'Monyc' Posts: 35
    great song!!! in the movie Singles, you can listen only few senconds, and that's so sad... i love when he sings:

come, here it comes, there it goes, when it comes
    where it goes, where it comes
    can't see through the faith...woah
    ooh come, here it comes, there it goes
    grasp what you can
    don't you know there's something inside your head, yeah
    oh, if i knew where it was i would take you there but there's much more than this
    ooh whoa, much more than this
    oh see the world
    much more than...
    oh, much more than...why?
    17/07/2003 Mexico City
    18/07/2003 Mexico City
    19/07/2003 Mexico City
    11/09/2005 Kitchener Ca
    12/09/2005 London Ca
    13/09/2005 Hamilton Ca
    15/09/2005 Montreal Ca
    07/12/2005 Monterrey Mx
    09/12/2005 Mexico City
    10/12/2005 Mexico City
  • Options
    PiratePirate Posts: 12
    This is for Monyc': I think this song is great Ed changes the lyrics almost everytime he sings this song. When I listen to him on a higher level I get that he has some type of spiritual block between this world and what is next. He sings that he cant see through the faith, and then says that there is much more than this. I think he struggles with the spiritual aspect of life and is confused at times like many people when they look at the world we live in. One thing I will say is Eddie is a great lyrisist and I think as a band they express themselves and pose questions they have about life using their gifts. They alway keep me interested in their music and I think they are truely the best band of our time, or should I say here and now. Present Tense. Pirate!
    "Puts his faith in love and Tremor Christ"
    "Good and Evil working in a positive direction towards God's divine plan"
    "We were but stones; your light made us stars"
    "New York streets seem to make it worse all this noise
    inside the quiet"
  • Options
    no, the studio one is not as good as the live version i got, ed is not singing na na na na nannanan na :,-(, just the damned guitar playing this one and that is good, but not as great as the live one
    BANZÄÄÄ

When he was six, he believed that the moon overhead followed him
    By nine, he deciphered the illusion, trading magic for fact, no trade-backs
    So this is what it's like to be an adult?
    If he only knew now what he knew then
  • Options
    Originally posted by Little Alibi
    All of Pearl Jam's songs are amazing. What I love about Breath is just listening to it makes me nervous. I love the feeling, like being on a rollercoaster with your eyes closed and you know youre going really fast, but you have no idea what direction...has to be Breath.

Excellent way of describing a feeling of a song. Nice one.
  • Options
    I'm listening to it now. It does have a certain edgy feeling. Never noticed that before. (maybe i did but didn't realise it).