Options

a chance encounter with eddie and beth

vipodvipod Posts: 3
I met addie and beth about 10 years ago at the second Lollapalooza. I was standing by the gate that lead to the backstage area at the Starlake Amphitheatre in Pittsburgh when I spotted Ediie sitting at a bench just inside the gate eating an apple. I brought my friends to the same area, and he was not sitting at the bench...he was walking about 10 feet away from us, hair tucked under his cap going low profile. We started to follow him at a safe distance, and we watched as very few people recognized him, one girl told him that she loved him and eddie replied with a chuckle, "Tell that to my girlfriend." He noticed my friends and me following him, and he turned to us and our obvious excitement and put a finger to his lips..he then tilted his head as if to keep quite and follow him. We did. On a secluded area at the top of the hill that lead down into the amphitheatre, eddie and his then girlfriend beth, stopped, turned around and waited for us to catch up. He shook my hand and asked my my name.
I said,"Chris."
Eddie replied, "my name is eddie."
I said, "I know."
We chatted awhile about the event which included main stage acts Red Hot Chili Peppers, Ministry, Ice Cube, Soundgarden, The Jesus And Mary Chain, Pearl Jam, Lush, and Temple Of The Dog...(The closest thing I got to see to TOTD was Chris Cornell singing the"woo, woo" part in Jeremy!) Eddie was, as you might imagine, a very down to Earth gentleman and his girlfriend beth was just as nice. At one point, I asked eddie if they were going to play "Black" today, and he replied,"If we play black, we'll play it for you, Chris." ...they didn't play it (why in the h3ll would HE play "Black" for ME?!) We then went to the second stage with eddie and beth where we watched the Jim Rose Circus with them. BTW the Jim Rose Circus were making people faint and get sick right and left. Anyway, I just thought that I would share this story with everyone. Makes for a fine first post! Waddayathink?
hold on to the thread...

e.v.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    SoLATisASoLATisA Posts: 215
    that's awesome... i love that he was just chillin eating an apple
  • Options
    My brother took the apple when eddie threw it on the ground.
    hold on to the thread...

e.v.
  • Options
    you should have planted the seeds... and had eddie's tree in your backyard! then it could fall....
  • Options
    I understand the seed part, but the falling of the tree?! What are you talking about?
    hold on to the thread...

e.v.
  • Options
    it was an hommage to eddie's tree falling in 'in my tree'