Options

Sad Brings Me Back

SoLATisASoLATisA Posts: 215
I don't know what it is about this song....

i started listening to pearl jam in 92, when evenflow came out... i was 10 years old.... when i listened to ten, it made me feel different,,, i could not believe my ears... the album had a power over me... it made me feel like i was a part of something, but not sure what that something was... i felt like there was no way anyone could like pearl jam as much as me, cause this album was affecting me in ways i've never felt before

i could listen to ten over and over and over again,,,, i'd love to know how many times i've actually listened to it.... def over 2,000 times... but i never got tired of it,,,, each time it sounded like the last... but even better, never got tired, never got old

as each album came out, i was soo in love with the music.... but the music was more deep and meaningful,,,, years after the albums came out, i couldn't listen to them everyday,,,, to me, they needed to be listened to maybe every other day, or every week... binaural is my favorite album, but i listen to that only 1 time per week.... still i love it,, but the band has evolved, and the way i listen to them has changed....

however, it's different with sad.... sad brings be back to being 10 years old (i'm 21 now).... i listen to that song in awe... over and over again, at least 5 times a day since the album came out... i never get tired of it.... it just gets better time after time

thank you pearl jam for putting out sad!!! it's really doing something special for me... it's allowing me to reconnect with my childhood and so much more...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    SquirrelSquirrel Posts: 337
    aww babes...that was beautiful!!!

well for me he story is a bit different!! i totally love sad too!! but at the moment i just can't listen to it...it totally breaks my heard...dunno...probably got to do with personal situation i guess!!

but that song is absolutely beautiful....no doubt!!!
  • Options
    {[No_Code}]{[No_Code}] Posts: 4,059
    yeah... that's a great song
    So that is how I learned the lesson that everyone is alone. And your eyes must do some raining if you are ever going to grow. But when crying don't help and you can't compose yourself. It is best to compose a poem, an honest longing or simple song of hope.
    That is why I'm singing
  • Options
    Originally posted by SoLATisA

however, it's different with sad.... sad brings be back to being 10 years old (i'm 21 now).... i listen to that song in awe... over and over again, at least 5 times a day since the album came out... i never get tired of it.... it just gets better time after time
    I surely know how you're feeling listening to that song. Same here!
    Drunken Butterfly