Options

Significance between and Clinton...

Ok, I was just curious about these 3 songs.....Brain of J, Insignificance and Grievance.....these songs were all written during the Clinton Administration..do you think that Eddie wrote any of these responding to the Administration in any way or are they just political songs for the sake of political songs? Also....on Insignificance, on the 2nd verse, with the whole 'play V3, let the song protest', what imagery is that suppoed to represent..I mean, I'm read the lyrics...heard it tons of times and don't understand what it represents..thanks guys and y'all rock, this is just a fuckin' awesome board, community in the most solid sense..PJ brings people together..hell, I bet the Grateful Dead didn't even come close to this and those fuckers had people dancing in their own droll.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ed sings c3, i don't know whats with the v3 thing, i hear this song all the time and it's clear that he sings c3. anyway to the point:

"turn the jukebox up, he said"
    dancing in irreverance
    play C3, let the song protest

this part of the song is refering to a certain time where the people of a small insignificant village were dancing to the sound of a jukebox. C3 is the thingy of the song that he is gonna play in the jukebox, like them jukeboxes have song A1, song A2, A3, B1, B2... anyway so the guy tells the other to play c3 and then "the plates begin to shift"

also, as it says on the theskyiscrape website:

"The moral of Insignificance is that of the ineffectiveness of political struggle. As falling bombs bring death to a small American town, the doomed gather in a bar, dancing while a protest song plays harmlessly on the jukebox."

i hope this clears it up for ya
    em ot sselecirp si y c a v i r p