Options

Virginia Beach!

Comments

• Options
    Where is the pre-party and what time does it start? I heard something about BM3's ? but what does BM3's stand for? thanks
    "Wave to all my friends"
  • Options
    cropdustercropduster Posts: 52
    Where is the pre-party and what time does it start? I heard something about BM3's ? but what does BM3's stand for? thanks

The pre-party will be held at BW3s (stands for Buffalo Wild Wings & Weck) right across from the amphitheater in the shopping center at the corner of Dam Neck Rd and Princess Anne Rd. I plan on getting there aroun 5:30 or so. Will try and get a few tables for people. Looking forward to meeting you guys!
  • Options
    swallowedwordsswallowedwords Posts: 1,093
    cropduster wrote:
    The pre-party will be held at BW3s (stands for Buffalo Wild Wings & Weck) right across from the amphitheater in the shopping center at the corner of Dam Neck Rd and Princess Anne Rd. I plan on getting there aroun 5:30 or so. Will try and get a few tables for people. Looking forward to meeting you guys!

I'll be there and thanks for the info!

By the way, what is a weck?
    Free the West Memphis Three
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    WaterlilyWaterlily Posts: 71

I was wondering the same thing but was too afraid to ask..

I guess we'll find out.. :)
    ...there's a cloud but the Water remains calm
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    iluvcats wrote:
    do I need to wear sqeeter protection? when i was a child and i lived in va, a truck came around and sprayed our neighborhood for mosquitos.

i'm gonna say no.
    and i know all about 'squitos. ;)
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    swallowedwordsswallowedwords Posts: 1,093
    Waterlily wrote:
    I was wondering the same thing but was too afraid to ask..

I guess we'll find out.. :)

I hope they're tasty :)
    Free the West Memphis Three
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    I am going to the show! I'm going to DC, too. I'm coming from North Carolina. Gotta take advantage. :)
    "Music for me is one of the more healing art forms. I think anybody can put on a pair of headphones and put in a disk or play a record and have it change them." - Jeff

Viva la vinyl.

PJ - 10/4/96, 9/4/98, 8/4/00, 8/6/00, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 10/6/04, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 10/31/09, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/29/13, 10/30/13

Ed Solo - 7/8/11 (shook Eddie's hand!)
  • Options
    shackles31shackles31 Posts: 26
    Is anybody from the Va Beach/Va area going to the camden shows? I will be taking the train to Philly and staying at the Hyatt by the water. Any info on what to do Pre and Post show or about past experiences there would be appreciated.
  • Options
    Anyone know if there is any type of shuttle going from the beach to the ampitheather. We are staying at the Ramada Limited on the beach, which is about twelve miles away.

This will be my first PJ show.

By the way, I think weck is some type of bread. We had a BW3's in Blacksburg when I was in college and that was the explaination I got from the bartender when I asked.
  • Options
    Anyone know if there is any type of shuttle going from the beach to the ampitheather. We are staying at the Ramada Limited on the beach, which is about twelve miles away.

By the way, I think weck is some type of bread. We had a BW3's in Blacksburg when I was in college and that was the explaination I got from the bartender when I asked.

We're staying at a hotel on the beach too - I haven't heard of a shuttle - we're just planning on driving actually..
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094

I don't know if there is or not. I'm headed out tomorrow morning though. My friend and I are staying in Norfolk about 10 minutes from the venue, we plan on taking a cab from the hotel to the venue, and just going with the flow for a ride home- I heard you can't get a cab there so who knows- might have to hoof it
  • Options
    I'm hoping to find a way out there besides driving. Was really hoping not to have to deal w/ concert traffic.

Set lists look pretty good for the to Fla shows. Good mix of old and recent stuff. I'm really hoping they pull some stuff out like Ghost that they typically don't play live. I've never understood why they don't do that one in concert much.
  • Options
    sarah vesarah ve Posts: 43

I wouldn't count on any cabs or shuttles . Maybe look up some cab company names/numbers beforehand so you can call them from the venue.Yellow cab is usually dependable and service a huge portion of this area 757 722 1111...or just drive, it may end up being easier, unless you are planing on drinking then get a cab.

*Special note to visitor's in the VA Beach area there are several one way roads so be careful and alert!
    See you at the beach!! 6/17

~Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities~
    -Voltaire
  • Options
    What time do they usually sound check?
  • Options
    cropdustercropduster Posts: 52

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kummelweck
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    OMG!!! It's Saturday!! Only two more days until Tuesday and PJ in VA BCH!!
    I'm so excited I'm about to pee in my pants......... :)

Goin tubin today down the Guadalupe River to help make the day go faster. And I CAN pee in my pants there!! :) But I suppose I shouldn't eh? Drinking beer though.

Don't mind me folks - just giddy with anticipation.......!!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    *Hands weenie a serenity pad*

:D

• Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    *Hands weenie a serenity pad*

:D

That'll work! :^)
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    pirljamgirlpirljamgirl Posts: 259
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm soooooooooo ready to rock~! Can't wait til Tuesday!

KoL and PJ gonna be too much!!!

:D:D:D
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~PJ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥ KoL ¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1/14/95, Charlotte 2000, 2003:4/15, 4/16, 7/1, 7/5, 7/6, 7/8, 7/9, 2006: 5/27, 5/28, 5/30;6/17/08, 6/28/08
    *** www.myspace.com/pirljamgirl***
  • Options
    AddictedAddicted Posts: 124
    Coming From S. Florida. After 2 great shows down south i said f*#k it and im heading for S.C sunday night then on to Virginia. Just got 31st row (not bad) for S.C but i am looking for 2 for monday. if anyone can help me out it would be great. if i can get close i will bring my better camera and get some move footage. http://www.youtube.com/user/PearlJamzz.

thank you

mike
    hold on to the thread
    the currents will shift
  • Options
    this kind of stuff happens to me all the time. i call it my esp or whatever.
    look at this......first time i'm on this website look what pops up...of all things......
    i wanted to share this time. :D

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/blondieblue227/gbbanner.jpg

• Options
    Pearl JenPearl Jen Posts: 136
    this kind of stuff happens to me all the time. i call it my esp or whatever.
    look at this......first time i'm on this website look what pops up...of all things......
    i wanted to share this time. :D

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/blondieblue227/gbbanner.jpg

That's so cool! A few people have told me there is a commercial for the show on TV, but I haven't seen it. (don't watch much TV) Have you?
  • Options
    Pearl Jen wrote:
    That's so cool! A few people have told me there is a commercial for the show on TV, but I haven't seen it. (don't watch much TV) Have you?

na, like you. i don't watch tv. but when i do it's usually recorded so i fastforward the commercials anyway.
    i have heard it on my local radio station. i love the way it sounds.
    'pearrrrrrrrrrrrl jam' long on the R so cool.

• Options
    Pearl JenPearl Jen Posts: 136
    na, like you. i don't watch tv. but when i do it's usually recorded so i fastforward the commercials anyway.
    i have heard it on my local radio station. i love the way it sounds.
    'pearrrrrrrrrrrrl jam' long on the R so cool.

Yeah I've been trying to listen to the radio more to hear those, and just to hear them talk about the show. (I know, I'm a dork) What station have you heard them on? FM99? 96X?
  • Options
    RobynRAZRobynRAZ Posts: 56
    flew in from AZ to see he show but left my instructions at home :(
    what time do they open the ticket counter so we can pick up before the masses?
    thanks!
    I'm too young to be old and too old to be young; I just don't fit anywhere.

5/9/10 - Cleveland, OH
    9/28/09 - SLC, UT 6/17/08 - Virginia Beach, VA
    7/7/06 - San Diego, CA 9/1/05 - George, WA
    6/7/03 - Phoenix, AZ 10/21/00 - Phoenix, AZ
    7/8/98 - Phoenix, AZ 10/7/96 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL
  • Options
    AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    2pm....where's the preparty and what time does it start?
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • Options
    2pm....where's the preparty and what time does it start?

looking back at some earlier posts it seems that VA Pre-party is at "BWW" (Buffalo Wild Wings) - in a strip mall/plaza thing, across from the Ampitheater -

I know we'll be trying to get there by 4pm at least.. I heard from the locals who've been really helpful, that Tuesdays are crazy there - so might be a good idea to get there on the early side.
    Should be fun -Are u coming?
  • Options
    Hope the smoke stays away. I had a hard time breathing Saturday when I went out.

Fires down to the south. Smoke was blowing this way Saturday.

It better not ruin Tues! are the fires out yet?

Bring your inhaler if you have asthma.

• Options
    Pearl Jen wrote:
    Yeah I've been trying to listen to the radio more to hear those, and just to hear them talk about the show. (I know, I'm a dork) What station have you heard them on? FM99? 96X?

fm 99

they were giving away tixs too. like a week ago. i bet they still are.

• Options
    stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    I just got a bad sunburn on my back!