Options

Can't wait for the Columbia, SC show - Let's jam!

rock1010rock1010 Posts: 9
edited June 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
Will be there with 4 other 10 clubbers from Atlanta. Driving down early to pick up tix and tailgate so I will see all of you who are attending. I am already stoked for the show and its still 5 days away as of this posting. Got a friend flying in from Anchorage, AK! Will be partying in the lot playin tunes and drinkin so I hope to see ya'll there.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Charger74Charger74 Posts: 59
    Anybody know the phone # to the Courtyard by Marriott on Assembly St?

I just found I need to secure a 2nd room for my party of 4, and I cannot find the hotel listed on any sites. I'm thinking they dropped the Courtyard name/franchise (i used to work in the travel industry) so they're no longer supported by Courtyard. I need the direct # to the hotel. Thanks!

****************EDIT************************

FOUND IT. PM ME IF ANYONE ELSE NEEDS IT.
    9-6-98 KNOXVILLE, TN
    6-16-08 COLUMBIA, SC
    8-28-09 SAN FRANCISCO, CA
  • Options
    im ready to party in columbia!
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense

9/28/05 Pittsburgh
    6/23/06 Pittsburgh
    8/2/07 Vic
    8/5/07 Lolla
    6/16/08 Columbia
    8/17/08 DC (EV Solo)
  • Options
    shaaadyshaaady Posts: 5
    Columbian (HA) here- there is a sweet spot called the flying saucer within crawling distance to the venue. Mondays are two dollar pint night (a wall full of choices) and they have girls in skirts serve you. I frequent there quite often. I mean come on!!!N will be raising hell.
  • Options
    Girls in skirts and $2 beer?!?!?!?!?????
    I'm there. What street is it on? Are they open before and after the show?
    9-6-98 KNOXVILLE, TN
    6-16-08 COLUMBIA, SC
  • Options
    shaaadyshaaady Posts: 5
    Girls in skirts and $2 beer?!?!?!?!?????
    I'm there. What street is it on? Are they open before and after the show?

I KNOWWWW!!!

913 Senate Street, which is literally 3 blocks from the CC. Walk towards the vista( where all the bars/restaurants are), take a right after Damon's, and a left at Monterays (Mexican Restaurant.) I know they will be rockin' before hand, although afterwards is another question. Its been a long time since I have been out on a Monday (I'm getting old) and I'm curious about afterwards. I guess if the show is over about 11:00-11:30, they still might be going, although its hard to tell. If you are up for a 5 minute drive, check out Tavern on the Green in 5 Points, which is the local hippie (etc., etc.) bar. I know it will be ragin!
  • Options
    I'll do my best to get there before the show, and probably check out TOTG after show, or just stumble around the vista, whichever.

I'm coming in from Johnson City, TN (straight shot on I-26) with 3 others. I have one show under my belt, my brother has 2 shows, and the other 2 are rookies. Hoping it's a good experience so they'll finally understand what it is we've been talking about since 1998 and many bootlegs later.
    9-6-98 KNOXVILLE, TN
    6-16-08 COLUMBIA, SC
  • Options
    vedhead19vedhead19 Posts: 89
    i'm 20 miles out of columbia as I post. I am so fucking stoked for the show. not sure if it has already been posted but there is a pre show party at the flying saucer starting at three.
    are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?

can't escape from the common rule if you hate something, don't you do it too

• Options
    spinDrAtlspinDrAtl Posts: 109
    Anyone know the 'official' camera policy for Columbia? Colonial Center website says no cameras, I think, but maybe the band set a different one for this show?
    So this is what it's like to be an adult.

Atlanta 4-3-94,Charleston 10-5-96
    Atlanta 8-7-00,Atlanta 4-19-03
    Vegas 6-6-03,Vegas 7-6-06
    Chicago Vic 8-2-07,Columbia 6-16-08
    MSG I 6-24-08, Philadelphia 10-31-09
  • Options
    I'm gonna try and bring in a camera. I might have to hide it in my bum or something though.
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense

9/28/05 Pittsburgh
    6/23/06 Pittsburgh
    8/2/07 Vic
    8/5/07 Lolla
    6/16/08 Columbia
    8/17/08 DC (EV Solo)
  • Options
    swallowedwordsswallowedwords Posts: 1,093
    I'm gonna try and bring in a camera. I might have to hide it in my bum or something though.

If you do that, imagine all the dirty pictures you'd take
    Free the West Memphis Three
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    prljmfnprljmfn Posts: 3
    omg....we just called the columbia center and they said that PJ requested that there be no cameras allowed....WTF!!!! well, guess there's one more smuggled in by way of drawers....