Options

08 year of the drunken A-holes?

2»

Comments

• Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,860
    pweafer4 wrote:
    who wouldnt get way to drunk at a george michael show!who wants to see him sober

that fact that you went is even more concerning!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    JimNasticsJimNastics Posts: 679
    I hate to bring this old chesnut up, but I think this is an American thing. Of all the PJ shows I've been to, all of them in Europe, I can't remember one occassion where somebody pushed the drinking too far... every show has been like one big happy party. Then I come on here and read many "puker" threads from the States. Do you think you get more non-PJ fans at the shows over there who don't really care about the show? Maybe it's because we get far fewer shows over here so everyone who goes knows they need to enjoy it whilst it lasts?!
  • Options
    JimNastics wrote:
    I hate to bring this old chesnut up, but I think this is an American thing. Of all the PJ shows I've been to, all of them in Europe, I can't remember one occassion where somebody pushed the drinking too far... every show has been like one big happy party. Then I come on here and read many "puker" threads from the States. Do you think you get more non-PJ fans at the shows over there who don't really care about the show? Maybe it's because we get far fewer shows over here so everyone who goes knows they need to enjoy it whilst it lasts?!

don't go dissing the Boston Puker!!!

na, there is a much more mellow vibe at the european shows in terms of alcohol consumption...
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,

• Options
    gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    I'm happy to say I was very drunk at all (3) shows I went in June.
    I'll also be very drunk Friday night for EV solo.
  • Options
    phungiphungi Posts: 640
    I got waaay to drunk at the George Michael show this past Sat night... Im not really sure what I did, luckily some nice gentlemen gave me a ride home.
    why pamper life's complexities, when the leather runs smooth on the passenger's seat?
    37 PJ Shows, 3 EV Shows, 1134 Total Songs, 24 Different Openers, 9 Different Closers, 252 Unique Songs (never enough)
  • Options
    GOSSArDgEEKGOSSArDgEEK Posts: 245
    Danimal wrote:
    I have nipples, Greg. Could you milk me?
    LMAO!! You think that Stone gets the same question asked of him, I know, if I saw him now I would ask him the same question. He will never live it down. Just like when we all say, "It's Stone's fault, Stone is the PROBLEM"

Shame of me, I brought up the cow/milking thing again.
    Here’s a question you might need to ask
    What’s self destruction and how can we last?

"I cannot stop the thought of running in the dark.
    Coming up a which way sign. All good truants must decide."

McCain, America's scariest grandpa!
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    i am sure i can keep them coming till the cows come home :rolleyes:

bullshit.

:o
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    jrd wrote:
    bullshit.

to quote bart simpson...
    "Stop having a cow Man!"
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• Options
    to quote bart simpson...
    "Stop having a cow Man!"

now yak's the limit, mate, any more awful jokes like that and you'll be given the cold shoulder and friesian out of here...

:eek:
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    jrd wrote:
    now yak's the limit, mate, any more awful jokes like that and you'll be given the cold shoulder and friesian out of here...

:eek:

look JRD, if you have a beef with me, tell me and we will fight it out like real men!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• Options
    look JRD, if you have a beef with me, tell me and we will fight it out like real men!

we'll have to up the (rump) steaks and fight for beer!

this is getting udderly ridiculous... i'm off to bed.
  • Options
    jrd wrote:
    we'll have to up the (rump) steaks and fight for beer!

this is getting udderly ridiculous... i'm off to bed.

lets steer this thread back in the right direction... :rolleyes:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• Options
    Man this is a good thread. People are always way too serious on here. I wish this board could always be funny like this. There is way to much talk of dave a being better than neil pert or about how the red dot song f'ng rocks and is the best song.
  • Options
    lets steer this thread back in the right direction... :rolleyes:

oh dear, these jokes are getting veal-ly bad. must be time to moooove on to something else.

• Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    this thread is udderly hilarious!!! wonder if the cowman will show up tonight!!!
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    Vedder316 wrote:
    MSG 08 1: Some guy who was extremely drunk and went for 2 beers every 20 mins fell 5 feet from my wife and I and split his head WIDE open knocking him out cold. No one did anything so being a nurse I checked on the guy. He needed medical attention so some friendly people we met at the show flagged down a security guard. Long story short the guards tried to assist him out into the hall to help him out and he started F'ing them up and down, even spitting at them. The guys head was dripping blood all over the place and didnt need to be going back to his seat drunk as hell bleeding on people. luckily the guards forced him out. God bless the full nelson!

MSG 08 2: The guy next to me gets drunk as hell and starts spitting/slobbering with his head between his legs. Spit all over my shoe. His buddies ragging on him shaking his head, so the guy ends up puking a bit. This a-hole friend pushes his head towards the people in front of him so he wouldn't get hit. They thought that was the funniest thing that he got so drunk he puked on people in front of him.

Dave Matthews Pitts 08: Grilling in the lot 2 guys near us begging and pleading my wife to show her tits. Now grant it she has quite the rack but come on. I'm not a violent person but that my wife your talking about with me standing right beside her. I ask nicely for them to lay off but that made it worse. So a ping 5 iron threat from my trunk ended that very quickly.

Now i have no prob with drinking/drugs at a show. I usually have a puff or 2 with my beers, but it seems like more and more people take it too far or cant handle it. I just dont get why more and more people have to get that fucked up to enjoy the show. Now grant it I still had a wonderful time at the shows but it sucked to have to deal with that. Maybe it because I'm aging a bit but man I just dont see the point in paying for a concert then getting so screwed up you wont even remember it, epically a Pearl Jam show.

Man, I 100% share your viewpoint on everything said here. Love my beer, love the occasional dube and I love my wife's rack as well...and I have no patience for drunk, idiotic, disrespectful fratboys.
  • Options
    this thread is udderly hilarious!!! wonder if the cowman will show up tonight!!!

did the cow man make a mooove on stage tonight??
    if so, we should 'pat' him on the back!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• Options
    beachdwellerbeachdweller Posts: 1,532
    Vedder316 wrote:
    MSG 08 1: Some guy who was extremely drunk and went for 2 beers every 20 mins fell 5 feet from my wife and I and split his head WIDE open knocking him out cold. No one did anything so being a nurse I checked on the guy. He needed medical attention so some friendly people we met at the show flagged down a security guard. Long story short the guards tried to assist him out into the hall to help him out and he started F'ing them up and down, even spitting at them. The guys head was dripping blood all over the place and didnt need to be going back to his seat drunk as hell bleeding on people. luckily the guards forced him out. God bless the full nelson!

MSG 08 2: The guy next to me gets drunk as hell and starts spitting/slobbering with his head between his legs. Spit all over my shoe. His buddies ragging on him shaking his head, so the guy ends up puking a bit. This a-hole friend pushes his head towards the people in front of him so he wouldn't get hit. They thought that was the funniest thing that he got so drunk he puked on people in front of him.

Dave Matthews Pitts 08: Grilling in the lot 2 guys near us begging and pleading my wife to show her tits. Now grant it she has quite the rack but come on. I'm not a violent person but that my wife your talking about with me standing right beside her. I ask nicely for them to lay off but that made it worse. So a ping 5 iron threat from my trunk ended that very quickly.

Now i have no prob with drinking/drugs at a show. I usually have a puff or 2 with my beers, but it seems like more and more people take it too far or cant handle it. I just dont get why more and more people have to get that fucked up to enjoy the show. Now grant it I still had a wonderful time at the shows but it sucked to have to deal with that. Maybe it because I'm aging a bit but man I just dont see the point in paying for a concert then getting so screwed up you wont even remember it, epically a Pearl Jam show.

forgot '08, I can't remember a sporting event or concert where they weren't present in my adult life, and no it ain't me, lol.
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf