Options

08 year of the drunken A-holes?

Vedder316Vedder316 Posts: 205
edited July 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
MSG 08 1: Some guy who was extremely drunk and went for 2 beers every 20 mins fell 5 feet from my wife and I and split his head WIDE open knocking him out cold. No one did anything so being a nurse I checked on the guy. He needed medical attention so some friendly people we met at the show flagged down a security guard. Long story short the guards tried to assist him out into the hall to help him out and he started F'ing them up and down, even spitting at them. The guys head was dripping blood all over the place and didnt need to be going back to his seat drunk as hell bleeding on people. luckily the guards forced him out. God bless the full nelson!

MSG 08 2: The guy next to me gets drunk as hell and starts spitting/slobbering with his head between his legs. Spit all over my shoe. His buddies ragging on him shaking his head, so the guy ends up puking a bit. This a-hole friend pushes his head towards the people in front of him so he wouldn't get hit. They thought that was the funniest thing that he got so drunk he puked on people in front of him.

Dave Matthews Pitts 08: Grilling in the lot 2 guys near us begging and pleading my wife to show her tits. Now grant it she has quite the rack but come on. I'm not a violent person but that my wife your talking about with me standing right beside her. I ask nicely for them to lay off but that made it worse. So a ping 5 iron threat from my trunk ended that very quickly.

Now i have no prob with drinking/drugs at a show. I usually have a puff or 2 with my beers, but it seems like more and more people take it too far or cant handle it. I just dont get why more and more people have to get that fucked up to enjoy the show. Now grant it I still had a wonderful time at the shows but it sucked to have to deal with that. Maybe it because I'm aging a bit but man I just dont see the point in paying for a concert then getting so screwed up you wont even remember it, epically a Pearl Jam show.
Many many wonderful shows, since day one.
Love ya Punkinfur
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    It seems the same behavior affects pro football games. For some reason some people feel compelled to get so shitfaced that they can no longer control themselves.

I remember guys acting like that in college back in the 80's. But I also seem to remember it being not as violent or rude. The incipient use of foul language seems to pervade all venues now.

I know that the times they are a changing but I almost feel like I am my parents all over, its really getting rude out there!

I no longer want to take my kids out to pro football games because of that type of behavior. I haven't started bringing them to Pearl Jam. We almost did this year. My eldest is 9 and number 2 is 8. A few more years and I'll take them along.

However, we'll have to see what the action is like. I guess it also depends on the venue. The crowds at the Verizon center in Washington DC was much less rowdy then the Camden venue, simply due to the fact that you couldn't tailgate in DC.

Now someone talking to your wife like that in inexcusable. Then again, you get a messed up steroids inflated asshole, you gotta be careful. Some of those guys are nuts!

regards

ken
    Long time listener, first time caller
  • Options
    It seems the same behavior affects pro football games. For some reason some people feel compelled to get so shitfaced that they can no longer control themselves.

I remember guys acting like that in college back in the 80's. But I also seem to remember it being not as violent or rude. The incipient use of foul language seems to pervade all venues now.

I know that the times they are a changing but I almost feel like I am my parents all over, its really getting rude out there!

I no longer want to take my kids out to pro football games because of that type of behavior. I haven't started bringing them to Pearl Jam. We almost did this year. My eldest is 9 and number 2 is 8. A few more years and I'll take them along.

However, we'll have to see what the action is like. I guess it also depends on the venue. The crowds at the Verizon center in Washington DC was much less rowdy then the Camden venue, simply due to the fact that you couldn't tailgate in DC.

Now someone talking to your wife like that in inexcusable. Then again, you get a messed up steroids inflated asshole, you gotta be careful. Some of those guys are nuts!

regards

ken

Perhaps the reason DC was less roudy than Camden is because NJ is a shithole! haha . . .
    http://mastersofourdomain.blogspot.com/

My Movie/Music Reviews & Sports Blog
  • Options
    SpreadtheJAMSpreadtheJAM Posts: 344
    Wait so youre a nurse? a male nurse? ha.
    BORGATA>VIC
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    i had a drunken idiot next to me at mansfield 1
    the first 3 songs he was asleep, and then he was just annoying his girlfriend for the rest of the show! spent half the time with his back to the stage, and his GF was visably pissed off at him!
    toward the end of the show he started to rock out a bit though... before leaving early!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    I have nipples, Greg. Could you milk me?
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    I love getting wasted at PJ shows!
  • Options
    SDHSClassof82SDHSClassof82 Seattle Posts: 306
    Danimal wrote:
    I have nipples, Greg. Could you milk me?

It's too bad there's no way to type the cat-milking hand gestures Ben Stiller makes in that scene. Just thinking about it always cracks me up.
    “Wind in my hair, I feel part of everywhere...
    Late at night I hear the trees, they're singing with the dead...overhead...”
  • Options
    It's too bad there's no way to type the cat-milking hand gestures Ben Stiller makes in that scene. Just thinking about it always cracks me up.

Stone milked the cow in Boston ;)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,

• Options
    DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    Stone milked the cow in Boston ;)

i've seen them 24 times, and that was easily the most bizarre thing i've seen out of any of the guys.

leave it to stone.. that crazy s.o.b.
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • Options
    DPrival78 wrote:
    i've seen them 24 times, and that was easily the most bizarre thing i've seen out of any of the guys.

leave it to stone.. that crazy s.o.b.

was he drunk??
    was the guy in the cow suit drunk??
    i was not drunk but i thought i was when i saw that!!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• Options
    DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    was he drunk??
    was the guy in the cow suit drunk??
    i was not drunk but i thought i was when i saw that!!

i don't know, but the dude was going to town on that rubber teet like there was no tomorrow.
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • Options
    LOL only here on the PJ message boards can a topic like drunks turn into a discussion about teats and milking, you gotta love it. And whats wrong with being a male nurse SpreadtheJam?
    Love ya Punkinfur
  • Options
    i was so drunk at tampa i ended up pissing in a cup during evenflow. Usually I just go during evenflow but i was all "fuck it, my bladder is full. It's full of urine."
    I like bands.
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    Seems to be a Dave Matthews, PJ thing in the states... PJ shows in Australia have less 'drunks' and seem to be more subdued. At Camden this year there were a few drunks let me tell yah :D
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    SpreadtheJAMSpreadtheJAM Posts: 344
    Vedder316 wrote:
    LOL only here on the PJ message boards can a topic like drunks turn into a discussion about teats and milking, you gotta love it. And whats wrong with being a male nurse SpreadtheJam?

Nuttin. just busting your chops.
    BORGATA>VIC
  • Options
    DPrival78 wrote:
    i don't know, but the dude was going to town on that rubber teet like there was no tomorrow.

Udder madness!
  • Options
    Udder madness!

we will be milking this for all it is worth... :rolleyes:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• Options
    we will be milking this for all it is worth... :rolleyes:

Man I needed that
    Love ya Punkinfur
  • Options
    Vedder316 wrote:
    Man I needed that

i am sure i can keep them coming till the cows come home :rolleyes:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    one of the great things about moving to the west coast ... folks on the east coast tend to drink a lot more, folks on the west coast tend to smoke a lot more ...

west coast shows have far less of the "lugnut factor" ... at least, that's what I've observed.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    folks on the east coast tend to drink a lot more...

When I first read that, I thought were talking about milk still.

Probably not, huh?

I swear, tonight I'm going to dream about cows...and Stone. And I'd rather not.
  • Options
    When I first read that, I thought were talking about milk still.

Probably not, huh?

I swear, tonight I'm going to dream about cows...and Stone. And I'd rather not.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f282/Art4All/cowboy.jpg

how the hell did we get back to this bloody cowman!

are we all drunk??
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• Options
    http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f282/Art4All/cowboy.jpg

how the hell did we get back to this bloody cowman!

are we all drunk??

After seeing that photo, I really want to do some drinking....of alcohol.
  • Options
    After seeing that photo, I really want to do some drinking....of alcohol.

kaluah and milk?

actually, i think any alcoholic drink mixed with milk has trouble written all over it!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• Options
    kaluah and milk?

actually, i think any alcoholic drink mixed with milk has trouble written all over it!

Just reading that soured my stomach. lol
    Love ya Punkinfur
  • Options
    mdg164mdg164 Posts: 206
    I hear yah.... at camden 2, someone in the row in front of us slept through the entire PJ set. Directly in front of us was a couple, and another couple came halfway through the show and said that they had those tickets. Of course they wouldn't show their tickets. A fight ensued, then they were hugging. Then another fight. One girl got pushed over the seats in to our row. Eventually a security guard showed up and looked at the tickets. The guy who came halfway through the show was about to be thrown out. His girlfriend decided that it was the fault of the people who rightfully had the tickets for her boyfriend getting thrown out. So she decided to throw her $12 beer at the couple in front of us. Too bad she hit us instead. So not only were we distracted for a couple songs as people are fighting, but we got covered in beer. Not even real beer, nasty "racing beer" that the venue sells.
    09/02/00 09/05/00
    04/25/03 05/02/03 5/3/03 6/24/03 6/28/03 7/5/03 7/6/03 7/11/03 7/12/03 7/14/03
    09/28/04 09/29/04 10/01/04 10/02/04
    09/28/05 09/30/05 10/03/05
    5/24/06 5/25/06 5/27/06 5/28/06 5/30/06 6/01/06 6/03/06 6/23/06 6/24/06 7/22/06 7/23/06
    6/20/08 6/22/08 6/24/08 6/25/08
  • Options
    ofthegirl75ofthegirl75 New Jersey Posts: 300
    Vedder316 wrote:
    MSG 08 1: Some guy who was extremely drunk and went for 2 beers every 20 mins fell 5 feet from my wife and I and split his head WIDE open knocking him out cold. No one did anything so being a nurse I checked on the guy. He needed medical attention so some friendly people we met at the show flagged down a security guard. Long story short the guards tried to assist him out into the hall to help him out and he started F'ing them up and down, even spitting at them. The guys head was dripping blood all over the place and didnt need to be going back to his seat drunk as hell bleeding on people. luckily the guards forced him out. God bless the full nelson!

MSG 08 2: The guy next to me gets drunk as hell and starts spitting/slobbering with his head between his legs. Spit all over my shoe. His buddies ragging on him shaking his head, so the guy ends up puking a bit. This a-hole friend pushes his head towards the people in front of him so he wouldn't get hit. They thought that was the funniest thing that he got so drunk he puked on people in front of him.

Dave Matthews Pitts 08: Grilling in the lot 2 guys near us begging and pleading my wife to show her tits. Now grant it she has quite the rack but come on. I'm not a violent person but that my wife your talking about with me standing right beside her. I ask nicely for them to lay off but that made it worse. So a ping 5 iron threat from my trunk ended that very quickly.

Now i have no prob with drinking/drugs at a show. I usually have a puff or 2 with my beers, but it seems like more and more people take it too far or cant handle it. I just dont get why more and more people have to get that fucked up to enjoy the show. Now grant it I still had a wonderful time at the shows but it sucked to have to deal with that. Maybe it because I'm aging a bit but man I just dont see the point in paying for a concert then getting so screwed up you wont even remember it, epically a Pearl Jam show.

There needs to be a limit to the drinking. Know when to say when. Otherwise how can you possibly enjoy it.
    As my hubby and I were leaving Camden we helped a girl stumble to her car. She was out of it and I think she was doing more than just drinking. Her "friends" were sober and didn't really seem concerned.
    There seems to be a strong frat boy drinking scene at PJ shows. I'm sure I'll get insulted for saying that-
    but really I would think smoking would be preferred.
    Maybe that is to mellow for most folks.
  • Options
    I got waaay to drunk at the George Michael show this past Sat night... Im not really sure what I did, luckily some nice gentlemen gave me a ride home.
  • Options
    InMyTree4InMyTree4 Posts: 1,239
    I got waaay to drunk at the George Michael show this past Sat night... Im not really sure what I did, luckily some nice gentlemen gave me a ride home.

who wouldnt get way to drunk at a george michael show!who wants to see him sober
    PJ:7/2/03.9/28/04.5/25/06.8/5/07.6/14/08.6/27/08.6/28/08.6/30/08.
    10/30/09.10/31/09.5/17/10.9/7/11
    EV:boston 1+2.albnay 1.boston 2010
  • Options
    shermsherm Seattle, Wa Posts: 708

That might be the funniest thing I've ever heard
    Detroit 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Chicago 07, Mansfield 08, EV Chicago 08, East Troy 11, Pensacola 12, EV Jax 12, Wrigley 13, Pittsburgh 13, Dallas 13, OKC 13, Detroit 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jax 16, Sea 18