Options

*** SACRAMENTO - 2024 SETLIST THREAD ***

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    vitovito Chicago Posts: 1,875
    PJNB said:
    Then by all means stop buying tickets...leaves more for the rest of us
    If these sets are here to stay that is exactly what is going to start happening with the travelling fan. 
    Tried to say this last week and I said it nicely but, you can't without others thinking you're complaining and it will happen. 
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 1992
    SUMMERFEST MILWAUKEE 1995
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 1998
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO1998
    THOMPSON-BOLING ARENA KNOXVILLE 1998
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 2000
    ALLSTATE ARENA ROSEMONT 2000
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 2003
    HERSHEYPARK STADIUM 2003
    TOLEDO SPORTS ARENA 2004
    AIR CANADA CENTRE TORONTO 2005
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO 2006
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO 2006
    VERIZON CENTER DC 2008
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO 2009
    NATIONWIDE ARENA COLUMBUS 2010
    PJ20 NIGHT 1 Alpine Valley Music Theatre 2011
    PJ20 NIGHT 2 Alpine Valley Music Theatre 2011
    1ST MARINER ARENA BALTIMORE 2013
    IWIRELESS CENTER MOLINE 2014
    XCEL ENERGY CENTER ST. PAUL 2014
    CHICAGO 1 Wrigley Field 2016 
    CHICAGO 2 Wrigley Field 2016
    CHICAGO 1 Wrigley Field 2018
    CHICAGO 2 Wrigley Field 2018
    BOSTON 2 Fenway Park 2018
    ENTERPRISE CENTER SAINT LOUIS 2022
    Eddie Vedder Auditorium Theatre CHICAGO 2008

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,764
    MS4677 said:
    I certainly would NOT recommend going to a U2 show then with only 2 rotating songs each tour over the past 3 decades.  Maybe Eddie going to the sphere show and one too many convesations with Bono contaminated him? Video sceens, bells and whistles, more predictable setlists!? 
    Just like tool, or green day, or metallica, or guns n roses, or foo fighters it's a one show per tour band.  Pearl Jam is not a one show per tour band, has never been, I would have said never will be but here we are.

They still aren't a one show per tour band. Not even close.
    Also, someone said the majority of this community travels to multiple shows. That is not even close to being true. The majority of pearl jam fans, including within the 10C membership, don't travel to multiple shows. Most just go to one that's closest to them. Many can't see any at all.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,261
    JimmyV said:
    45 minute DTE at both Ohana shows. Director's cut of the music video will be shown on the screens. No one under 17 will be admitted without parent or guardian. You've been warned. 
    Would like them to turn that into an of the earth type jam. I double dog dare them.
  • Options
    LizosaurusRexLizosaurusRex Bend, OR Posts: 53
    RE: FAITHFULL flub

I suspect one of them had a down-tuned guitar and they had to roll with it. It really sounded weird in a different key. Did not like. The look of confusion on my face could have been seen from the ISS. It was surprisingly hard to follow!
  • Options
    I can sense that all you folks are grieving a future that you feel has been taken from you, i.e., the PJ show(s) you had gotten used to and were looking forward to. 

Take my word, the new format is definitely alright--the guys are ON FIRE 🔥. You will have a good time, unless you go into it very sour. I hope you all have enough time to grieve that by the time your show comes around you're excited again. 😊❤️
  • Options
    edited May 14
    The band is really proud of dark matter which is why we will hear alot of it during this tour.  In fact id be surpised if few of these songs dont become staples at live shows in the future. The album seems to have rejuvenated the band i think we should be thankful for that especially after the last album which imo was terrible. I kind of figured we would get Waiting for Stevie with it being Stevie Wonders bday, hell Ed even sang Happy birthday to him, personally I have no problem with the 6-7 DM songs they played in sac they sounded really good especially the drums-band was on point for all of them. I am hoping they play something special at one of the nights in seattle. Sadly they fell flat on a few 10 songs but overall stellar performance by the band. Mccready went off with a few of his trademark mind blowing solos and behind the neck guitar playing. Really good renditions of Porch,Corduroy and Betterman..
    Post edited by Getoutofmyfuckinface on
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,396
    The band is really proud of dark matter which is why we will hear alot of it during this tour.  In fact id be surpised if few of these songs dont become staples at live shows in the future. The album seems to have rejuvenated the band i think we should be thankful for that especially after the last album which imo was terrible. I kind of figured we would get Waiting for Stevie with it being Stevie Wonders bday, hell Ed even sang Happy birthday to him, personally I have no problem with the 6-7 DM songs they played in sac they sounded really good especially the drums-band was on point for all of them. I am hoping they play something special at one of the nights in seattle. Sadly they fell flat on a few 10 songs but overall stellar performance by the band. Mccready went off with a few of his trademark mind blowing solos and behind the neck guitar playing. Really good renditions of Porch,Corduroy and Betterman..

Running is SO GOOD live! That could be played at every show now and forever. They have certain songs that are "really good" on the album and next level awesome live, and Running is one of those songs.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    Jaycee_CJaycee_C Posts: 5
    Anyone else think setting sun acoustic as a duo, Ed and Stone or Mike, would be even better than it already is?  Sorta like the last few chords of the song. DM is a top 6 album already IMO. Can’t wait to see them again. 
    Mansfield 1 8/29/00
    Mansfield 2 8/30/00
    Fenway 1 8/5/16
    Fenway 2 8/7/16
    Fenway 1 9/2/18
    Fenway 2 9/4/18
  • Options
    devonfzdevonfz Posts: 156
    edited May 14
    Come on let’s be honest you’re playing basically the same songs every night maybe a couple on the slow openers are being a variety but the rest of the show is basically the same alive porch do the evolution given to fly, elderly, etc.. my complaint is there is 60 or so songs that they appear to never gonna play again, except for maybe once a TOUR at the most and even then they’ll probably fuck it up M
  • Options
    edited May 14
    devonfz said:
    Come on let’s be honest you’re playing basically the same songs every night maybe a couple on the slow openers are being a variety but the rest of the show is basically the same alive porch do the evolution given to fly, elderly, etc.. my complaint is there is 60 or so songs that they appear to never gonna play again, except for maybe once a TOUR at the most and even then they’ll probably fuck it up M
    I see what your saying but in all fairness its still early in the tour. Id be surprised if we dont get more variation (dark matter stuff excluded) going froward. The real test will be the 2 night stops coming up here in vegas and seattle. Lets just see what they have in store for us. 
  • Options
    bootlegbootleg Posts: 628
    I think part of it is they hadn’t played the DM song for more than a year since they were recorded so a lot of rehearsal time was probably spent learning the DM songs.  Then with having some larger gaps between cities they probably head home after the shows instead of hanging around and rehearsing other songs.  Not hearing of too many soundcheck reports other than Portland.  They might just need a few more rehearsals to relearn some of the lesser played songs.  Hopefully they can squeeze in some time in Vegas and LA.

Still doesn’t explain the DM song order staying the same.  Would like to see how those songs fit in spread throughout the show.

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,053
    devonfz said:
    I see what your saying but in all fairness its still early in the tour. Id be surprised if we dont get more variation (dark matter stuff excluded) going froward. The real test will be the 2 night stops coming up here in vegas and seattle. Lets just see what they have in store for us. 
    Agree, let’s wait and see. Side note, I love your username lol.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,570
    I have no problem with this tour being its own beast and I dont mind knowing 5-7 songs that are definitely being played and which exact spot. Wont change my enjoyment. I went to 7 shows in 2003, heard Even Flow every time, and usually in the 5th-8th spot in the setlist. There were a handful of "99% sure they'll play this one" songs. Sure they were different in order but whatever. 

I always expect and album tour to focus more on the current release, so I expect to hear 5-6 songs from that album, and the next show I expect to hear 5-6 songs again from that album, with like 3-4 repeats. Gigaton was the only tour where they sometimes only played 2-3 from the new album, I think. 

When they end the Dark Matter tour, they will likely do another non-album tour, then hopefully a new album tour after that, and I hope to hear 5-6 new ones each night again. 

I wouldn't be totally upset if the pulled a Neil Young and someday did a tour with JUST the new stuff, and totally not play any of the classics. 

I wouldn't be totally upset if they just did a "greatest hits" tour either. 

I dont even care if they just did standard sets, either, like Springsteen does, with only 2-3 different songs while 20 stay the same. 

We are at the point in their career where they have sort of earned their way of doing things.  I'm certainly not going to fret over a standard 7 songs in the exact same place on the setlist. Part of me even likes knowing.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    efroten2efroten2 Chicago Posts: 73
    Vedd Hedd said:
    I have no problem with this tour being its own beast and I dont mind knowing 5-7 songs that are definitely being played and which exact spot. Wont change my enjoyment. I went to 7 shows in 2003, heard Even Flow every time, and usually in the 5th-8th spot in the setlist. There were a handful of "99% sure they'll play this one" songs. Sure they were different in order but whatever. 

I always expect and album tour to focus more on the current release, so I expect to hear 5-6 songs from that album, and the next show I expect to hear 5-6 songs again from that album, with like 3-4 repeats. Gigaton was the only tour where they sometimes only played 2-3 from the new album, I think. 

When they end the Dark Matter tour, they will likely do another non-album tour, then hopefully a new album tour after that, and I hope to hear 5-6 new ones each night again. 

I wouldn't be totally upset if the pulled a Neil Young and someday did a tour with JUST the new stuff, and totally not play any of the classics. 

I dont even care if they just did standard sets, either, like Springsteen does, with only 2-3 different songs while 20 stay the same. 

We are at the point in their career where they have sort of earned their way of doing things.  I'm certainly not going to fret over a standard 7 songs in the exact same place on the setlist. Part of me even likes knowing.
    I'm in the same boat, Sacramento was my 36th time seeing them and I've been lucky enough to see them play almost everything I could want. I kind of wish they would actually do a greatest hits tour, can you imagine the crowd energy at a greatest hits show? It would be insane.
    1994: Bridge School Night 2
    1995: Sacramento, San Jose
    1998: Sacramento
    2001: Bridge School Night 2
    2003: St. Louis, Champaign, Irvine 1, Irvine 2, Chicago, East Troy, Noblesville
    2004: Grand Rapids
    2006: Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Cleveland, Milwaukee 2
    2007: Chicago (The Vic), Chicago (Lolla)
    2009: Chicago 1, Chicago 2
    2010: Noblesville
    2013: Chicago, San Diego
    2014: St. Louis, Milwaukee
    2016: Chicago 1 & 2
    2018: Chicago 1 & 2
    2011: PJ20 1 & 2
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,570
    efroten2 said:
    Vedd Hedd said:

I'm in the same boat, Sacramento was my 36th time seeing them and I've been lucky enough to see them play almost everything I could want. I kind of wish they would actually do a greatest hits tour, can you imagine the crowd energy at a greatest hits show? It would be insane.
    Yeah some of the 2018 shows were like that, with a lot of rare covers, too. A few b-sides sprinkled in, but lots of hits. 

At 50+ shows in, as long as they are alive, I'd pay to have them play whatever the hell they wanted. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,222
    Zeros complaints about Setting Sun as the closer every show. They could keep it as the forever closer and I’d be happy. 

Only contender for better closer is Indifference.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,180
    efroten2 said:
    Vedd Hedd said:

I would happily skip that tour
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options
    dannyschmannydannyschmanny Posts: 72
    PJNB said:
    Then by all means stop buying tickets...leaves more for the rest of us
    If these sets are here to stay that is exactly what is going to start happening with the travelling fan. 
    I think the move is to prioritize the "non album" tours if you are going for variety and rarities.  I have a hard time blaming them for the current sets since this is advertised as the "Dark Matter" tour.  I expect the current format to stay through 2025 at least, but hopefully they tour in 2026/2027 before the next album and revisit some of the 2000s albums.

Or, if they want to keep the current format forever, then that's fine too.  But I wish they would play one weekend or two night stand per year labeled as "Evening with Pearl Jam" where they play a traditional show.  Just once per year, give the crazies a reason to travel for a show they know will be better in their eyes than a regular tour show. 
    The problem with this "traditional show" idea is kinda why this format is happening. They are all 59/60. They just aren't really capable of going to play the 3 hour 30+ song shows anymore. So they got cut down the length and more time in between shows. So you have far less songs they can physically play each night mixed with 12 albums + worth of material. get to 2026/27 and they are all going to be comfortably into their 60's. Even Bruce eventually slowed down SOME. He didn't have to as much because even his rockers aren't the likes of what PJ has and is still writing. 
    i remember you...i was gonna vote for you one time...but voting isn't cool so i stayed home and got trashed on listerine.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,060
    Greatest hits tour? 

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,450
    Greatest Hits tour would be awesome. Take Bush and Everclear out with them and call it The Grunge Revue.
  • Options
    logan5ivelogan5ive Dallas, TX Posts: 469
    logan5ive said:
    The beauty, exhiliration, and power of seeing a Pearl Jam concert has always been, in large part, the unknown. The lights go down and everything to come is a mystery. The band has always operated as such up until this tour. About 1/3 of the set for these shows is, so far, known in advance.

For those of us who have travelled to and seen numerous shows, myself included with 78 since 1993, that mystery, I would argue, is the fundamental reason. It's essential to the band's identity. A characteristic that they have created, acknowledged, cultivated, and benefited from throughout its existence.

I love the band. I love the new album. I'll know I'll enjoy both of the Seattle shows later this month...from I've seen and heard in youtube videos, they look and sound great. But...I'll be secretly hoping I don't know a 1/3 of the set beforehand.  
    Okay Attenborough. Let's put down the thesaurus, come back to the reality that you're going to a rock concert. 

One that is promoting a new album. The concert tour's identity of promoting Dark Matter has been created, acknowledged,  blah blah throughout it's existence. 
    Whatever you say, Kavanaugh.
    1993 - Dallas ~~~ 1995 - Red Rocks I & II | Austin ~~~ 1998 - St Louis | Kansas City | Dallas | Raleigh | Atlanta | Birmingham | Greenville | Knoxville | Virginia Beach ~~~ 2000 - New Orleans | Memphis | Nashville | Noblesville | Cincinnati | Columbus | Houston I & II | Dallas | Las Vegas | LA | San Diego | San Bernardino | Sacramento | San Francisco ~~~ 2003 - OKC | San Antonio | Houston | Dallas | Little Rock | Camden I & II | MSG I & II ~~~ 2004 - Boston I & II | St Louis ~~~ 2005 - Gorge | Vancouver | Kitchener | London | Hamilton ~~~ 2006 - Las Vegas | Gorge I & II | Honolulu ~~~ 2008 - MSG I & II ~~~ 2009 - Seattle I & II | Vancouver | Portland | ACL | Philly I-IV ~~~ 2010 - Kansas City | St Louis ~~~ 2011 - PJ20 I & II ~~~ 2013 - Wrigley | Dallas | OKC ~~~ 2014 - ACL I | Tulsa | Moline | St Paul | Milwaukee | Denver ~~~ 2022 - OKC ~~~ 2023 - FW I & II | Austin I & II ~~~ 2024* - Seattle I & II | Wrigley I & II
    [82*]
  • Options
    rahjiimrahjiim Posts: 137
    pjl44 said:
    Greatest Hits tour would be awesome. Take Bush and Everclear out with them and call it The Grunge Revue.
    No, please don't waste the remaining years with such nonsence. 
  • Options
    kotton_crownkotton_crown Posts: 214
    I do find it odd writing “any song requests?” on the projector when they’re gonna play whatever’s on the set list regardless.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,450
    I do find it odd writing “any song requests?” on the projector when they’re gonna play whatever’s on the set list regardless.
    Gotta work it like a 70s radio DJ. "What's that sir? Do The Evolution? Ok this next one is just for you!"
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,525
    rahjiim said:
    pjl44 said:
    No, please don't waste the remaining years with such nonsence. 
    +1000
  • Options
    pistol3pistol3 CO Posts: 189
    Yeah, let's keep nitpicking everything, it's so relevant.  That's what we're all here for.
    VA Beach 8/3/00, Council Bluffs 6/13/03, St. Paul 6/16/03, East Troy 6/21/03, The Gorge 7/22/06, 7/23/06, Chicago 8/23/09, KC 5/3/10, St. Louis 5/4/10, Dublin 6/22/10, Belfast 6/23/10, London 6/25/10, EV Minneapolis 7/2/11, EV Tulsa 11/18/12, Chicago 7/19/13, OKC 11/16/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Pemberton 7/17/16, Missoula 8/13/18, San Diego 5/3/22, Denver 9/22/22, Sacramento 5/13/24, LA 5/21/24
  • Options
    It's called a setup 

For his request for more gun laws and less abortion restriction laws
  • Options
    aurynsdadaurynsdad Posts: 863
    Finally Faithful is on YT:

https://youtu.be/ozlbjstKHpw?si=zZckujABbrnk4HYq

Pretty convinced it's a Mike guitar problem. All things considered, if you're not gonna restart the song, they did about as good as they could.
    10/31/93 Berkeley (Baba!) • 10/1/94 Bridge School • 9/16/96 Seattle (In My Tree!) • 10/19/96 & 10/20/96 B. School (Alt Corduroy & Alt Porch!) • 10/25/03 B. School • 6/1/03 Mtnview (Crazy Mary! You Are!) • 11/29/13 Portland (All Those Yesterdays! Even Flow!) • 10/25/14 Bridge School (Rain! Fuckin Up! TOTD!) • 5/13/22 Oakland (had to leave early, but W.M.A.! Immortality!) • 5/13/24 Sacramento (Light Years! Picture in a Frame!) • 5/25/24 Bottle Rock (Last Kiss! Maybe It’s Time w/Bradley Cooper!)
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,678
    aurynsdad said:
    Finally Faithful is on YT:

https://youtu.be/ozlbjstKHpw?si=zZckujABbrnk4HYq

Pretty convinced it's a Mike guitar problem. All things considered, if you're not gonna restart the song, they did about as good as they could.
    💯 

Mike’s guitar was off tune and Ed immediately recognized it. Ed altered the key he was signing in slightly but ultimately turned to Jeff who also recognized the issue. Jeff turned to Mike to get his attention but by then Ed was invested.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore