Options

New Acoustic Album / Unplugged 2

MikeDigsMikeDigs Santa Monica, CA Posts: 477
edited May 31 in The Porch
*** First off, a HUGE thank you to Pearl Jam for delivering the remarkable masterpiece Dark Matter to us fans.  This isn't just an album for the summer, or 2024, but an album that will become a timeless classic.  Thank You!!

Around the time that Dark Matter was releasing, the band had mentioned that they may have 2 more albums in them.  And looking back at that Pearl Jam catalog, I was thinking of what would be some good new additions to the catalog.  I would absolutely love to see a new acoustic based concept album and/or a new set of "Unplugged" tracks.

The Pearl Jam Unplugged album is great, but only contains songs from Ten.  It would be a real treat to get Unplugged versions of songs from the other 11 albums + Lost Dogs.  Songs such as Tremor Christ, Corduroy, Save You, Rearviewmirror, In Hiding, Brain of J, Do The Evolution, etc...

And for the acoustic concept album, it would be cool to add new instruments such as horns, piano, and even bring back the accordion.  Maybe add a little Jazz / Blues inspired tracks.  Recorded in the same manner as Dark Matter, where everyone is in the same room.  Kind of like how Alice in Chains did Jar of Flies, but add the new instruments like horns, piano, and accordion.

I think both the new Unplugged songs, and the new acoustic concept songs would make a fantastic double album!

Post edited by MikeDigs on

Comments

• Options
    jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,589
    would love an acoustic album!
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    Benaroya Hall 2
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    TWHoltTWHolt Moncton, NB Posts: 403
    This is a great idea!  Fully support!
    |Montreal 03|Halifax 05|St. John's 1 05|St. John's 2 05|Toronto 1 06|Toronto 2 06|NYC 1 08|NYC 2 08|Toronto 09|Hartford 10|Boston 10|Newark 10|NYC 1 10|NYC 2 10|Alpine Valley 1 11|Alpine Valley 2 11|Montreal 11|Hartford 13|Ottawa 16|Chicago 1 16|Chicago 2 16|Boston 1 18|Quebec City 22|Ottawa 22|Next~Boston 1 24|Next~Boston 2 24|
  • Options
    edited May 13
    I'm curious to know which songs the community would like to see translated to an acoustic version.  I'll have to take some time to go back through the catalog to get my full list, but I know I would love to see an unplugged version of Corduroy and Tremor Christ.
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,512
    They did acoustic versions of Corduroy at the 1994 and 1996 Bridge School Benefits.
  • Options
    edited May 13
    They did acoustic versions of Corduroy at the 1994 and 1996 Bridge School Benefits.
    Thank you, it's AMAZING.  Would really love to get a studio version of this song among many others.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,356
    I also took the presets from Mansfield III and the Gorge '05, and put them in a single folder.  There's a few repeats, but it's also a nice acoustic alternative.

It would be cool if the released santa barbara one day to add that one in too.

A bridge school collection would also be amazing.
  • Options
    edited May 31
    Latin Jazz percussion would be interesting.
    Maybe the legendary Poncho Sanchez can add some Djembe solos to the new album.
  • Options
    Would love to hear some more Jazz and Blues style Pearl Jam on the new acoustic album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZMNBFtXZQU
  • Options
    LukinAtULukinAtU Posts: 781
    Lost Dogs Part Deux

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,362
    LukinAtU said:
    Lost Dogs Part Deux

Yes please!