New Unplugged / Benaroya Hall / Studio Acoustic Album

2»

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,156
    Benaroya Hall 2

• MikeDigsMikeDigs Santa Monica, CA Posts: 1,085
    I've added Benaroya Hall to the thread title and description.  You guys are right, that is a foundational acoustic album.  Would be great to get another live acoustic show and / or studio acoustic songs.  :rock_on:
  • KN219077KN219077 Posts: 1,064
    MikeDigs said:
    I've added Benaroya Hall to the thread title and description.  You guys are right, that is a foundational acoustic album.  Would be great to get another live acoustic show and / or studio acoustic songs.  :rock_on:
    I bought lost dogs, live in Tokyo and Benaroya Hall as my first albums, needless to say they both share a special place in my heart. Back when you could walk into Walmart and find those albums. I kept hearing how great of a live band they were so I bought those albums on a whim to give the band a chance. At the time I didn’t really like their radio hits other than corduroy. The acoustic stuff really hooked me on the band first, lost dogs disc 2 and benaroya, and hearing release as the first song  of my deep dive into PJs live experience hooked immediately 
    edited July 1
    KN219077 said:
    MikeDigs said:
    I bought lost dogs, live in Tokyo and Benaroya Hall as my first albums, needless to say they both share a special place in my heart. Back when you could walk into Walmart and find those albums. I kept hearing how great of a live band they were so I bought those albums on a whim to give the band a chance. At the time I didn’t really like their radio hits other than corduroy. The acoustic stuff really hooked me on the band first, lost dogs disc 2 and benaroya, and hearing release as the first song  of my deep dive into PJs live experience hooked immediately 
    That is a nice collection of first Pearl Jam albums.  With those, you got a great introduction to the song catalog.  And I agree, acoustic Pearl Jam really is special.  Acoustic Pearl Jam always uplifts my mood.
    Post edited by MikeDigs on
    edited July 2

Jazz Odyssey / Last Exit

Is that Jazz Odyssey being played in the intro to Last Exit?  I just now noticed that :lol:
    A jazzy acoustic Last Exit would sound incredible  B)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQRyhKmkUUE
    edited July 2

Wreckage / Given To Fly

Beautiful guitar riffs + powerful lyrics...  Wreckage translates wonderfully to acoustic.

The live acoustic version of Given To Fly sounds amazing.  A studio recording of this version would be magical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI75cAA9AP8

In Hiding

A masterpiece song.  It's simply incredible, and gets better as time passes.  I'm sure many fans would love to hear an acoustic version.

This guy is a huge Pearl Jam fan, and very talented.  His covers are great, and he performs many Pearl Jam songs.  I recommend checking out his channel.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnwdmlDbvwI

• ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    I always kind of thought, with how hard rock a lot of PJ's catalog is, if due to age it got harder and harder to perform, instead of calling it a day, maybe they could do acoustic tours.  I'd love to see that.
    Zod said:
    I always kind of thought, with how hard rock a lot of PJ's catalog is, if due to age it got harder and harder to perform, instead of calling it a day, maybe they could do acoustic tours.  I'd love to see that.
    We are exactly on the same page  B)  And acoustic Pearl Jam sounds so so good.  Would love to see an acoustic tour.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    I don't know about an acoustic album. To do that it would have to be intentional, which can lead to it being forced. An acoustic tour? SIGN ME UP
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

I don't know about an acoustic album. To do that it would have to be intentional, which can lead to it being forced. An acoustic tour? SIGN ME UP
    I was thinking an acoustic album similar to the Alice In Chains EPs SAP and Jar Of Flies.  Not forced if done right.  Probably would sound great if Andrew Watt worked with the band again.   Recorded in the same room.  Similar to how the Dark Matter project was put together, but an acoustic album.
  • treestrees Posts: 1,866
    I diffently think another Acoustic album will happen or experiment in the form of a live bootleg. 

PJ Cuyahoga Flalls OH 8/26/1998
    PJ Noblesviile IN 8/18/2000
    PJ Cincinnatti OH 8/20/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    PJ Hamilton Ontario 9/13/2005
    PJ Phiadelphia PA 10/3/2005
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/20/2006
    PJ Columbia SC 6/16/2008.....
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    e.V Bailtimore MD 6/14/2009...
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    .PJ...Philly PA 10/27/2009 PJ.Philadephia PA 10/28/2009.
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/9/2010.
    BRAD Columbus OH 10/5/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    .PJ.. East Troy WI 9/3/2011..PJ..East Troy WI 9/4/2011
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cleveland OH 10/8/2012
    RNDM Chicago IL11/13/2012
    Alice In Chains/SoundGarden Columbus OH 5/19/2013
    AIC Fort Wayne IN 5/21/2013
    PJ Pittsburgh PA 10/11/2013
    AIC Cincinnati OH 5/17/2014
    AIC Cleveland OH 5/19/2014
    AIC Indianapolis IN 8/19/2014
    PJ Cincinnati OH 10/1/2014
    AIC Cincinnati OH 8/06/2015
    RNDM Chicago IL 3/15/2016
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Lexington KY 4/26/2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
    Soundgarden Columbus OH 5/20/2017 Canceled RIP Chris
    AIC Columbus OH 5/18/2018 
    PJ Chicago IL 8/18/2018 PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2018
    PJ St Louis Missouri 9/18/2022
    AIC Cuyohoga falls Oh. 8/16/2019
    SHAWNSMITH Rip 2019Mark Lanegan Band 5/18/19
    trees said:
    I diffently think another Acoustic album will happen or experiment in the form of a live bootleg. 

I hope so. We need a new Benny v2 release. 
    edited July 9

Got To Give

I'm intrigued to hear Pearl Jam perform this song acoustically.  It's a gem on the Dark Matter album, a very layered song with lush sounds and strong vocals.

Please Pearl Jam team up with Andrew Watt to make an acoustic album, for the back to back masterpieces :rock_on:

Cool acoustic cover.  He performs this nicely.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE-TSamLl6w
  • UmbertotambaUmbertotamba Posts: 1,383
    First off they should do a boxed set of officially mastered Bridge School Benefit Performances! 

Next rerelease the Benaroya Box Set in a different color for a different cause.

next give us a first pressing of the Eddie Molo Sessions.

and finally a Double Vinyl set. The 1st record being acoustic reworks of different PJ songs. The second album of doing their favorite covers.
    Springfield MA 94, Hartford CT 96
    edited July 11
    First off they should do a boxed set of officially mastered Bridge School Benefit Performances! 

and finally a Double Vinyl set. The 1st record being acoustic reworks of different PJ songs. The second album of doing their favorite covers.
    A double vinyl acoustic album would be quite a nice addition, hopefully with new songs added.  Andrew Watt and Pearl Jam form a very nice union when creating new music.

I was thinking first album would be all new songs, then the second album would be the reworks of existing PJ songs and covers.
    Or maybe it's separated in to 3 EPs or something.  Either way, one thing is for certain:  We all love acoustic Pearl Jam.

New Bridge School and Benaroya releases would also be great.

Yes to all, please! 
    MikeDigs said:

MikeDigs said:
    MikeDigs said:

edited August 1
    MikeDigs said:

Jazz Odyssey / Last Exit

Is that Jazz Odyssey being played in the intro to Last Exit?  I just now noticed that :lol:
    A jazzy acoustic Last Exit would sound incredible  B)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQRyhKmkUUE
    The fans don't yet know that they need a jazzy acoustic Last Exit, but they'll know when they hear it.   B)

Fun fact:  Last Exit was an English jazz fusion band from the 70s, and Sting's band that he was in before he was in The Police.

Aye Davanita

Another Vitalogy gem.  A live acoustic version of this song would be beautiful.

This guy is great.  He has he many amazing Pearl Jam covers on his YouTube channel.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAi81lDEtT0&list=PL9936ABC9D803715B&index=1

Habit

I'll pay double the price for jazzy acoustic Habit :rock_on:

https://youtu.be/JJRWxx_H324?si=d45GvaVDyfs5_Ek7
    MikeDigs said:

Got To Give

I'm intrigued to hear Pearl Jam perform this song acoustically.  It's a gem on the Dark Matter album, a very layered song with lush sounds and strong vocals.

Please Pearl Jam team up with Andrew Watt to make an acoustic album, for the back to back masterpieces :rock_on:

Cool acoustic cover.  He performs this nicely.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE-TSamLl6w
    More love for Got To Give.
    I'm sure many fans would love an acoustic version of this beautiful song.
    What a gem!

https://youtu.be/Hgaeq5d_lcA?si=W5b0xBXkx4uUQhHq

You Are

Brilliant song.  Hope to see this get translated to an acoustic version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv-lC4m2FkU
    Zod said:
    This is a great idea and the fans love acoustic Pearl Jam.  A win win for everyone!

Slow Blood

Thanks to amazing idea by @Loujoe!  This would be so so special!  :prayer:
    And if Andrew Watt produces this acoustic album, I'm sure he would have a lot of fun with re-imaging our favorite classics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D0nbhyOw2A