Options

Please stop ... be better

just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,013
edited May 11 in The Porch
This will be a bit direct but i dont care.

There are a lot of entitled whinners here. This is the dark matter tour to start with. The album is fuckin great. They are in great form and they love playing the album.

I've seen them 13 times since 2006 all around europe(Holy grail is MSG or gorge but someday hopefully!!) And im going to 6 shows in europe this summer and guess what? I could care less if they played the 4 first dark matter songs in the same spot in every show.

I was in vienna in 2022 when it got cancelled and the feeling of heartbreaking i had i just couldnt describe after 2 long years of covid finally seeing them live and had to heard people say or write oh u are in Viena go sightseeing, i just couldnt. I dont travel to go sightseeing,  i travel to see my favourite band. The city is a plus. Hell i've been to all the cities im going this summer.

So please stop being entitled and just enjoy the amazing show these guys still put on after many many years and the curveballs they still send u during a show with the setlists.

Last night show in portland as an example , how can u bitch when u have release, nothing as it seems and freaking present tense (which im so hoping to finally hear this summer , still havent heard it yet) opening , u have the insane combo of 7 o'clock(another onei never seen live and hope to get in europe, please remember that song exists eddie!!) ,upper hand and tge debut of waiting for Stevie. The mamasan trilogy played in the same order as ed recorded in the tape that he sent to stone and Jeff.

All of this and some people bitch about 4 songs played in the same spot ,porch closing the main ?? Really??

Be better people....
Post edited by Sea on

Comments

• Options
    MJ178168MJ178168 Posts: 62
    Dude, This is supposed to be forum where people express opinions.  I haven't provided an opinion one way or another on the setlists so far but appreciate the different opinions people have on the subject.  To each their own.  If they like it, awesome!  If not, great too!  But to call people entitled whiners because they express an opinion is just poor form
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,429
    edited May 11
    Always weird with someone saying others shouldn’t express their own personal opinions, and at the same time riddle their post with a million personal ”I”:s. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,024
    I think it is great people freely express their opinion on this forum. I don't consider a lot of the negative posts as whiny bitching at all or entitlement. 

I do feel like some people here can't handle any negativity thrown at this band though. It is almost like it takes away from some peoples experience or enjoyment when someone else does not feel the same way. If someone is not so hot on 4 songs songs played together for 3 shows in a row at the exact same spot who cares that they are not a fan of it? Read the post and move on. 

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,377
    I can see disagreeing but it's bizarre to scold people about this topic
  • Options
    rahjiimrahjiim Posts: 135
    Of course, everyone is "entitled" to express their opinion. It's just disappointing and depressing to read that so many people have these views. I just hope that the band, if they're reading this, won't let it influence them. I would like to hear as much Dark Matter as possible in Berlin.
  • Options
    They're doing something they haven't done in the nearly 30 years of touring I've seen. Seems like a pretty fertile topic for discussions. Opinions will vary. Try not to get depressed over it.
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,607
    pjl44 said:
    I don’t think it’s scolding, it’s more “for fucks sake, quit crying about shit you can’t control”.  
  • Options
    pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,833
    edited May 11
    kramer73 said:
    pjl44 said:
    I don’t think it’s scolding, it’s more “for fucks sake, quit crying about shit you can’t control”.  
    Or express it and let it be that. In the setlist thread, to express it after every song and 20x during and after the show is a little strange 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,024
    kramer73 said:
    pjl44 said:
    I guess we can't give our thoughts on new albums, new posters, new merch at all? We can't control these things so no point on giving an impression unless it's in a positive manner?

I will never understand why people are so bothered that someone has a different opinion than they do. 

Do people get mad when someone else does not like the same type of pizza as they do? Same type of movies? So odd...  

This band has has had pretty much 100% varied sets over the last 25 plus years when their catalogue grew. Now they seem to be dialling that back a bit and it is def worthy of discussion whether we can control it or not. 
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,152
    People like complaining. Just ignore their posts and move on. 
  • Options
    kramer73 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Lol additional scolding
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,083
    In before the lock! 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,519
    It's very simple enjoy your time and don't sweat what some random fool says
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,519
    Lock it down
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Hankj25Hankj25 Posts: 288
    My opinion which in my opinion is worth the same as everyone else’s opinion is that if the band decides to anchor setlists like this (for 20 plus shows in a row), I’d like to see them throw in 3-4 rarities as an offset.

But then again, I look at last night’s setlist which didn’t have too many deep deep cuts, and go…wow, I wish I was there.

I’m still chasing 3-4 songs.  There is a tiny part of me that realizes now that I’m not getting them this year, still have 2 shows to go to.  But the other 95% of me realizes the band has sounded great, they still get after it, and I’m 20 days away from another awesome performance.
    Seattle 8-8-18
    Chicago 8-18-18
    Chicago 8-20-18
    St. Louis 4-4-20
    Denver 4-9-20

Denver 9-22-22
    Noblesville 9-10-23
    Vancouver 5-6-24
    Seattle 5-30-24
    Noblesville 8-26-24

EV
    Chicago 2-9-22
    Tempe 2-26-23
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    Wouldn’t worry too much about the same group of ‘discerning’ board members, long time ‘fans’, lurkers first time posters and the odd troll OP. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,921
    Trash take man. We’re here to discuss and dissect the shows, setlists, gear, screens, hats. Setlist variation is something this band is known for and the reason their live shows thrive. Shorter sets, less variation…. All things that should be discussed respectfully . Nothing entitled about it at all. 
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 936
    Wow, I just woke up, who’s complaining? I’m in awe of the show last night. Honestly I didn’t see any one complaining. So fucking awesome. Just cost me more money, have to go to Vegas!! Carry on…
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,309
    kramer73 said:
    pjl44 said:
    OP is “crying about shit they can’t control”!

I’m thinking vino was was consumed heavily around the time this thread started.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    Good toilet read.  4/5 stars.  Would recommend to friends and family.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,019
    Bad take op.  This would be a really boring place if everyone had the same opinion.  LGR!  :)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,599
    rahjiim said:
    Of course, everyone is "entitled" to express their opinion. It's just disappointing and depressing to read that so many people have these views. I just hope that the band, if they're reading this, won't let it influence them. I would like to hear as much Dark Matter as possible in Berlin.
    I'm going to both Berlin show but I don't like the setlists repeating the same songs at the same spots. I think 6+5 Dark Matter would be enough in the cities they play 2 nights in a row.
  • Options
    BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 622
    drfox said:
    People like complaining. Just ignore their posts and move on. 
    It’s pretty easy to do. I don’t get why people feel the need to police negative comments or complaints. Who cares? If I like something or ain’t bothered by something other people are, all the better for me. Playing the same 4 songs in a row is new, tho they played the same 3 songs in a row most nights (LW, SH, WWS) during the 2006 tour. I don’t regret going to those shows. Everyone could post less in terms of hammering the same point over and over. Things are what they are. Try not to be the kid in the backseat on a long road trip.
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,813
    No strong opinion one way or the other, but to get the facts straight:

Tape
    Alive
    Once
    Footsteps

Portland
    Once
    Alive
    Footsteps
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg