Options

First PJ Show!

jacksonMacjacksonMac New York Posts: 2
Hey guys! I'm going to my first PJ show soon, been saving up for a long time to be able to go to one but I'm getting a lot of anxiety.. as a 24F its gonna be my first time going to a concert, and traveling on my own to Seattle.. and my first time ever been in a pit.. being shy I'm pretty scared to death but I'm such a die hard fan! Any tips on first time shows and how to survive the pit and going to a show alone?  :)

Comments

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,309
    You will have the best time, pit is a lovely place. It’s gonna be glorious 

live in the moment, soak in the 2.5 hours
  • Options
    Welcome to Seattle! I was the same age at my first PJ show - 10 years ago now.

Here are some tips to get through the anxiety.
    1. Introduce yourself to the people in front and behind you in line. Same when you get in to the arena. Say hello to your neighbors. Asking them to name their favorite PJ album is a good conversation starter. This is also a good way to keep your place in line if you need to go for bathroom / food / water.
    2. Don't bother with FOMO about getting merch or getting to the front in the pit. Both are good to have, but you'll have a great time without either of those things.
    3. Enjoy the show in your own way. If you want to dance, dance. If you want to sing, sing. But if you just want to stare at Stone, that's fine too 😁. 

PJ show pits are quite tame (in a good way) and people tend to look out for each other. You'll definitely have a lot of fun - enjoy!
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,272
    Don't be scared of G.A especially in the USA . It's mild and spacious compared to some places. Try and trust that you will be with good people and all want the same thing. A great experience 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,635
    My wife will be with me in GA at Vegas 2 - thanks for this advice.

Have a great time jacksonMac! Your life's about to change!!!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,480
    GA is much better to do alone than seats.. I've done both... just wander around and find your happy spot.. it's about being there... not stressing about a certain spot. I love the back of GA and I'll be alone at LA2 probably in that area. 
    Enjoy! 
  • Options
    jacksonMacjacksonMac New York Posts: 2
    Thanks everybody! 
  • Options
    AR10615AR10615 Posts: 8
    Portland is my first time in the GA Pit since 1998 Sacramento. It was a war in Sacramento, but I hear the pit is very mellow now. Which is good. I'm bringing my kid for her first show. I'm thinking we may chill in the back because she is so short :) 

95’  San Francisco, CA, San Jose, CA

96’ Bridge School Benefit x2

97’ Oakland, Ca (Rolling Stones).2x

98’ Sacramento CA, San Diego CA

99’ Bridge School Benefit x2

00’ Las Vegas, NV -  Marysville CA. - Mountain View CA, San Bernadino, CA

01’ Bridge School x2

03’ Mountain View, CA 

03’ Bride School Benefit x2

05’ Vancouver, CAN

06’ George, WA

11’ Eddie Vedder solo show, Portland, OR

’13 Portland, OR

’16 Seattle, WA

24’ Portland, OR

(25 Club)

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,896
    Hey guys! I'm going to my first PJ show soon, been saving up for a long time to be able to go to one but I'm getting a lot of anxiety.. as a 24F its gonna be my first time going to a concert, and traveling on my own to Seattle.. and my first time ever been in a pit.. being shy I'm pretty scared to death but I'm such a die hard fan! Any tips on first time shows and how to survive the pit and going to a show alone?  :)
    Congrats on the Pit ticket! I understand the shyness/anxiety. Stay away from the first few rows from center and enjoy the ride. I was rail on Saturday (FAR left) and nobody even bumped into me or my fiancé. It is such a mellow GA section. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    LiftedLifted Posts: 1,685
    My ga advice it to stand in the back where it's spaced out and move around to different spots throughout the show. It's a pretty amazing experience, as the sound and vibe completely changes depending on if you're standing in front of McCready's side, center, or Stone's side. Not only that, but I think the sound and visuals can be appreciated more from the slight distance you get from being further away in the pit.

I'm not short, but if you are, it's also a bonus that you probably wont have any issues with your view being blocked if you hang toward the back.