Options

mansfield to the OCEAN help

McNairnMcNairn Posts: 284
edited June 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
I am going to Hartford from Canada with my 16 yr old son (which I have ten club seats for)
I want to go to Mansfield on Saturday with him too
Lawns are still available on ticketmaster
Should I get tickets at the venue? tickermaster? scalpers? hang around 10c lineup?
Also - I cannot be so close to the Ocean without seeing it so I must go East after the show.
I would love to camp (tent) near the ocean and spend Sunday morning with a smoke in a tree
Where to camp?
Someone from the area got any tips?
I would set up at the site Saturday and come back after the show
What about camping near Mansfield and going to the Ocean the next day?
I checked out Wampatuck State Pk - any good?
This will be one trip the boy won't soon forget
Thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    I live south of Boston, and I love camping, so you'd think I know... however, I never go camping in my area... i always go north to NH, VT, ME.

i will say this... Wampatuck is in Hingham, which is a very nice town/area. also, Nantasket Beach is in nearby Hull, and its the nicest beach in the Boston area. there's also Duxbury Beach which is about 30 miles south of Boston. It has large sand dunes and is very scenic, although it can get crowded on a weekend. there is camping in nearby Plymouth, such as Miles Standish State Forest, plus there's a ton of private camping in that area. Scusset Beach in Plymouth is very nice and secluded, but it's far south, almost on Cape Cod.

expect the water to be cold wherever you go. sorry.
  • Options
    Wow, your stanzas mesmerize me.
  • Options
    Rock onRock on Posts: 216
    This should help you out some, Rte.495 south to Rte.44 east to Plymouth area.

http://www.pilgrims.net/plymouth/beaches.htm
  • Options
    The North Shore is nice, too. Gloucester, Rockport, Essex. Beautiful. Not sure what your camping options there are right now, but if you do a web search for Cape Ann, you should be able to find something out. It's all about a 45 drive northeast of Boston.
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,261
    FYI, I just bought non-lawn tickets for Saturday; we are taking the kids on a road trip to Mansfield.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    McNairnMcNairn Posts: 284
    I followed the advice of many PJ ers and got a hotel outside of Mansfield for $60 on priceline - I got tickets for Saturday night from another jammer too. Somewhere along the coast between Hartford and Boston my son and I will dip our feet in the Atlantic.

What about going south from Hartford along the coast through Providence and up to Mansfield? Good natural stuff along there?
    All I need is one good beach, some rocks, salt in the air and sewage, kelp and pop bottles bobbing around.

Thanks
  • Options
    PlaLEashPlaLEash Posts: 75
    I grew up the next town over from hingham and can tell you from experience that wampatuck is nothing special. Its a campground and thats about it, but as said before not far from nantasket and marshfield which has alot beautiful beaches in the area. It would be a little bit of a drive after the show but very easy to find from the highway. I would suggest something in the middleboro area, ive heard Tispaquin Family Camping Area is a good spot. That way you could either take 495 over the bridge the next day to some great beaches on the cape or head over to plymouth and not have to be to far off from the venue. As for lawn tickets, bring a blanket for encore breaks or just a rest, they can be a great time. I've been up front and on the lawn for PJ there and they can both be a great time. I was on the lawn for the acoustic pre set 44 song night and it was just amazing. No matter what it will be a bunch of PJ fans having a great time. Good Luck!!!!
  • Options
    The weather doesnt look promising for sunday.
    I would say to hit up some Rhode Island Beaches on your way up to Mansfield (from Hartford) on Saturday.
    And of course get the tickets to the show!!!!!

Some suggestions would be Narragansett Town Beach:
    http://www.visitrhodeisland.com/what-to-do/beaches/826/narragansett-town-beach/

OR

Misquamicut State Beach

http://www.visitrhodeisland.com/what-to-do/beaches/791/misquamicut-state-beach/

Also, for camping try these out (they are both close to the beach)

Burlingame State Park,
    http://reserveamerica.com/camping/Burlingame_State_Park/r/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=RI&parkId=252711
    &topTabIndex=CampingSpot

Fishermens Memorial State Park, RI
    http://reserveamerica.com/camping/Fishermens_Memorial_State_Park/r/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=RI&parkId=252611&topTabIndex=CampingSpot

Good Luck and Enjoy
    Seek my part, devote myself..