Options

Ticket Transfer Process - Help!

My friend and I have to arrive at the venue for the 5/10/2024 Portland show at different times due to a late-developing conflict for me.  We have Ten Club GA tix.  Due to my other commitment, I won't be able to get to the venue until right at showtime at the earliest, but my friend can get there whenever and, obviously, wants to get there early.  Of course, I am the ticket holder.

What is the process for transferring a ticket to my friend so he can get to the venue, get in line, and get in early?  We've been planning on going to this show for months now, but with my late-breaking situation, the non-transferability of these tickets is a real drag.  Does anybody have a "fix" for this?  We're not looking to do anything nefarious, we just need to arrive at different times.  Is there a work-around?  Does the "non-transfer" thing "turn off" at a certain point?

Any help / advice / info is appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,359
    Your friend can log into your TM account on their phone and use one ticket.  I hope they are a good friend as you will have to trust them with your credentials.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,938
    They are non transferable 

Just give them your login. Make sure you identify what ticket each of you are using so no confusion when you get there later. 
  • Options
    Robdog983Robdog983 Visalia, CA Posts: 112
    This is sooooo confusing to me. I guess what I’m not understanding is HOW are they non transferable? Does the TM app/site literally block you and prevent you from trying to transfer the ticket like you would with any other event/concert/artist? Or is it just them saying you cannot do it and hope that you don’t try doing so? Sorry for the dumb question 😕 
  • Options
    EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 729
    edited May 7
    Robdog983 said:
    This is sooooo confusing to me. I guess what I’m not understanding is HOW are they non transferable? Does the TM app/site literally block you and prevent you from trying to transfer the ticket like you would with any other event/concert/artist? Or is it just them saying you cannot do it and hope that you don’t try doing so? Sorry for the dumb question 😕 
    thats exactly what happens. there is no transfer option like there is on normal tix
  • Options
    Robdog983 said:
    thats exactly what happens. there is no transfer option like there is on normal tix
    Got it! Thank you! And the reason for this again is why? (Probably noted in one of the many emails PJ has sent out any time tix are about to go on sale)
  • Options
    Robdog983 said:
    Robdog983 said:
    Got it! Thank you! And the reason for this again is why? (Probably noted in one of the many emails PJ has sent out any time tix are about to go on sale)
    Its an effort to curb scalping. 
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,396
    Robdog983 said:
    Robdog983 said:

• Options
    Robdog983 said:
    Robdog983 said:
    Or in an effort to manipulate the market.  It’s a matter of perspective really.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Options
    Robdog983 said:
    Robdog983 said:
    It’s an effort to curb scalping. 
    I see. Man, there’s gotta be some sort of process/program that eventually gets figured out to alleviate people in situations like this such as the guy who created this thread. Sure, you’d think it’s just your friend and it shouldn’t be a problem sharing your TM login and whatnot. But what if it’s an acquaintance, someone you’re taking out on a date and who you’re still trying to get to know or even a younger family member who might need to be dropped off to you while you’re waiting in line. There can be many different circumstances causing fans to be put in predicaments such as this. Just unfortunate. 
  • Options
    starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    They are Non transferable because this band has created the consummate cluster fuck in ticketing you didn't know that?
  • Options
    Fuck ticketmaster! Oh wait a minute we changed our minds now we're going to use Ticketmaster and we're going to make it impossible at times for people who want to come see us to get in!
  • Options
    And your post was a little bit narcy to be honest
  • Options
    Robdog983 said:
    Robdog983 said:
    Robdog983 said:
    I see. Man, there’s gotta be some sort of process/program that eventually gets figured out to alleviate people in situations like this such as the guy who created this thread. Sure, you’d think it’s just your friend and it shouldn’t be a problem sharing your TM login and whatnot. But what if it’s an acquaintance, someone you’re taking out on a date and who you’re still trying to get to know or even a younger family member who might need to be dropped off to you while you’re waiting in line. There can be many different circumstances causing fans to be put in predicaments such as this. Just unfortunate. 
    fair points, but not to sound like an old man (which i am). back in the day you had to just meet up in person and go in together. Thats also not hard to do.
  • Options
    edited May 7
    Robdog983 said:
    Robdog983 said:
    Or in an effort to manipulate the market.  It’s a matter of perspective really.  
    also fair. But if that was really the reason, there is a lot easier way to accomplish that. Seems like a very round about way to do it. If that really was the goal, then they are leaving a lot of money on the table. 
    Post edited by Eddieredder on
  • Options
    Robdog983 said:
    Robdog983 said:
    Robdog983 said:
    fair points, but not to sound like an old man (which i am). back in the day you had to just meet up in person and go in together. Thats also not hard to do.
    Facts my man. Facts. I appreciate the band’s efforts in trying to look out for us (the fans) and our best interests as it pertains to being able to catch them live. For the most part, they’ve done a great job at it. That can’t be denied. 
  • Options
    Robdog983 said:
    Robdog983 said:
    Robdog983 said:
    Robdog983 said:
    Facts my man. Facts. I appreciate the band’s efforts in trying to look out for us (the fans) and our best interests as it pertains to being able to catch them live. For the most part, they’ve done a great job at it. That can’t be denied. 
    It would be great if they just made scalping illegal like it used to be. But there's too much $ being made so that will never happen. All it takes is a few, well a lot of people, to ruin for everyone else. It really is unfortunate. 
  • Options
    P-Town-P-Jam-FanP-Town-P-Jam-Fan Posts: 930
    Your friend can log into your TM account on their phone and use one ticket.  I hope they are a good friend as you will have to trust them with your credentials.  
    There may or may not be an issue with logging into the same Ticketmaster account with 2 different Apple IDs.  If your friend is running Android, this could be the way.
    Gorge
  • Options
    Robdog983 said:
    Robdog983 said:
    Robdog983 said:
    Robdog983 said:
    It would be great if they just made scalping illegal like it used to be. But there's too much $ being made so that will never happen. All it takes is a few, well a lot of people, to ruin for everyone else. It really is unfortunate. 
    Exactly 
  • Options
    There may or may not be an issue with logging into the same Ticketmaster account with 2 different Apple IDs.  If your friend is running Android, this could be the way.
    Don't think you'd have a problem with the app. Downloading to multiple wallets, yes 
  • Options
    wiscojamwiscojam Appleton Posts: 343
    Robdog983 said:
    Robdog983 said:
    Robdog983 said:
    must not be that old. "back in the day" you could just get someone the physical ticket (even snail mail it) and you could enter separately.
  • Options
    wiscojam said:
    Robdog983 said:
    Robdog983 said:
    Robdog983 said:
    must not be that old. "back in the day" you could just get someone the physical ticket (even snail mail it) and you could enter separately.
    Or leave it at will call 
  • Options
    There’s new info today where some people are saying in effect the idea of your friend logging in to your account won’t work any more.  I’m not sure so please disregard my previous comments.  The only certain method is to arrive together.  

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,604
    Vancouver staff advised the GA line as per the band’s request tickets had be in the wallet prior to being scanned. They were talked out of it and scanned the visible bar codes in the app. The band has since directed Ticketmaster to prevent the barcode from being visible until in the wallet.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 862
    Good to hear that. Not sure how it works but hopefully more tickets get in the hands of fans through f2f. 
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,331
    There's also another workaround.  If you use an android phone, you can log into TM on your friends phone, and download the ticket into their google wallet.  I did this with the 2nd pair of tickets I had for Vancouver, and downloaded them into my friends wallet.  I've also been able to download tickets from my wife's TM account into my own android wallet.   There doesn't seem to be a lot in involved, the TM app just lets you download the tickets into the wallet of the phone you're on.  You can do one ticket at a time, so if your friend has an Android phone, easy enough to download the one ticket into their wallet.

Apple apparently is more secure and needs faceid to do it, so it only works on android?
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,034
    Zod said:
    There's also another workaround.  If you use an android phone, you can log into TM on your friends phone, and download the ticket into their google wallet.  I did this with the 2nd pair of tickets I had for Vancouver, and downloaded them into my friends wallet.  I've also been able to download tickets from my wife's TM account into my own android wallet.   There doesn't seem to be a lot in involved, the TM app just lets you download the tickets into the wallet of the phone you're on.  You can do one ticket at a time, so if your friend has an Android phone, easy enough to download the one ticket into their wallet.

Apple apparently is more secure and needs faceid to do it, so it only works on android?
    Still? This new ticket thing just started? I guess someone with an android can test it out. 
  • Options
    100 Pacer said:
    Vancouver staff advised the GA line as per the band’s request tickets had be in the wallet prior to being scanned. They were talked out of it and scanned the visible bar codes in the app. The band has since directed Ticketmaster to prevent the barcode from being visible until in the wallet.
    In other words, "there ain't gonna be any barcode anymore" 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,331
    One thing I did notice on Android, was that in the google wallet app, the bar code used to show up on the ticket screen, but now there's an extra step to click on "show the code" on the digital ticket, which brings up a box with the bar code.  Kind of annoying because you have to back out of it, to be able to swip and go into the 2nd ticket.  I also noticed the 3 curved lines for wireless, which I don't remember seeing on android before, so maybe they're going to ditch the bar codes all together.

When I went to see U2 at the sphere, all the apple users just tapped their phones on the thing, but people on android had barcodes to scan.  I think resellers figured out a way to relay bar codes.   Maybe that's why it's evolving again.  Try to close off some of the loopholes scalpers are finding.  More and more bands (U2, Foo Fighters etc..) are using fan2fan.  It's most likely causing resellers to find more cracks in the system.
  • Options
    wiscojamwiscojam Appleton Posts: 343
    Zod said:

hoping this is true as I will be trying this with a friend
  • Options
    sloanedonesloanedone Posts: 20
    Anybody figure this out? My friend is going to be late now and I don't wanna miss a song obviously. I guess I could try the timed F2F but that's scary...