oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    DE4173 said:
    RVM next to close out first set?
    I kept hoping. 

Now am hoping for it in Portland 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    Is it me or does Mike seem a less active? Sounds the same. Maybe an effect of his fall? Haven't seen his normal energizer bunny hot laps! 
    He did seem to move around less than usual but still seemed happy and played great, of course. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,444
    I’ve been on the fence about Sacramento.  Damn.  This show makes it hard to miss any.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,184
    Hot dog! Looks great
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,808
    Jonniegtr said:
    vitodacat said:
    aurynsdad said:
    Regarding Waiting for Stevie- when was the last time there's been this much anticipation for the first time a new song is played? I was pretty excited to hear Quick Escape live, but this is something else.
    LB tour, everyone kept waiting for the Getaway breakout 
    Speaking of Getaway, that’s a super underrated modern era PJ song.
    Great song, but they could never quite get it to work live.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    I picked a great night for first row reserved floor!
    I was in that row, too. Seat 6.
  • Options
    Jonniegtr said:
    We'll see where this goes, but don't love the same four songs played in a row two straight nights. Kind of cool on the opener but hope it doesn't become a thing
    Look, I hear you, but I don’t care. They are INTO these songs and I’m stoked to see 9/11 on any given night. The debut of upper hand might have already become one of my favorite live performances I’ve heard from them. As long as they keep rotating in from all over the catalogue, I will be pleased to see the 12 shows I have ahead. I could see them scaling back maybe to 7-8 DM songs, but think it’ll be awhile before it’s less than that.
    I would have written that out as "nine out of eleven."
  • Options
    Jonniegtr said:
    Watching this stream. Upper Hand is fucking awesome!
    Truly stunning… I sort of assumed they wouldn’t bother with the intro, but they’ve leaned into it, and the Floyd vibes are spectacular. 
    And it's Ed doing the main guitar part on that intro.
  • Options
    yeehareyeehare Posts: 15
    We'll see where this goes, but don't love the same four songs played in a row two straight nights. Kind of cool on the opener but hope it doesn't become a thing.
    I'm totally with you - too many repeats from night 1 in this set. 
    London 11 August 2009, London 18 August 2009, Manchester 20 June 2012, EV London 1 August 2012, Chicago Wrigley 19 July 2013, Amsterdam 16 June 2014, Milton Keynes 11 July 2014, NYC 1 May 2016, EV London 6 June 2017, EV London 7 June 2017, Rio de Janeiro 21 March 2018, Amsterdam 12 June 2018, Amsterdam 13 June 2018, London 18 June 2018, Rome 26 June 2018, Berlin 5 July 2018, London 17 July 2018, London 8 July 2022, London 9 July 2022, Vienna 20 July 2022, Amsterdam 24 July 2022, Amsterdam 25 July 2022, Fort Worth 13 September 2023, Fort Worth 15 September 2023.
  • Options
    adamdude said:
    a guy i know who caters for the backstage rider of the band said eddie has brought multiple copies of the same hat on tour
    Before the show on Night 1, a backup hat was brought out and placed on the stage behind Ed's monitor. He changed hats late in the set.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Slipping Smile in there at the end was KILLER!!!  And Alone!!
    ABSOLUTELY amazing show! You better like DM if you're going to multiple shows, hahaha.

Shout out to the incredible guy at the back of the pit who rocked out more than anyone I have ever seen rock out ever - he knew every line of every song, and had the Eddie moves all night. It was fun to have a seat in front of him - possibly the biggest PJ fan in the place, and a really young guy too! :)

I am so depressed now. :lol: Maybe i'll start looking at hotels in Seattle now. Hmmmmm.
    I honestly thought you might have been talking about me until you said "really young." Also, I was in Row 1 behind the pit so I guess you couldn't have been sitting in front of me.
  • Options
    yeehare said:
    We'll see where this goes, but don't love the same four songs played in a row two straight nights. Kind of cool on the opener but hope it doesn't become a thing.
    Only two non-Dark Matter repeats. Dark Matter songs are immune from repeat complaints because they have never been played before. How can I mind hearing a song twice when it has only ever been played twice?
  • Options
    MattayMattay Posts: 35
    yeehare said:
    Absolutely

I still remember seeing back to back shows and having very few double ups.  Was hoping would get that again.  I hope things haven't changed.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,737
    BF25394 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Slipping Smile in there at the end was KILLER!!!  And Alone!!
    ABSOLUTELY amazing show! You better like DM if you're going to multiple shows, hahaha.

Shout out to the incredible guy at the back of the pit who rocked out more than anyone I have ever seen rock out ever - he knew every line of every song, and had the Eddie moves all night. It was fun to have a seat in front of him - possibly the biggest PJ fan in the place, and a really young guy too! :)

I am so depressed now. :lol: Maybe i'll start looking at hotels in Seattle now. Hmmmmm.
    I honestly thought you might have been talking about me until you said "really young." Also, I was in Row 1 behind the pit so I guess you couldn't have been sitting in front of me.

Wish I'd known where you were, woulda waved hello :)
    Yeah, this dude was in the pit, doing the best, most dedicated (and only) air microphone I have ever seen at a show, lol! He was a hoot.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    wolfamongwolveswolfamongwolves Posts: 2,410
    Dark Matter aside, Quick Escape was the only song from the last 26 years in the 2 shows! Really hope they start mixing it up a bit more. 
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • Options
    chittychitty Posts: 608
    Is it me or does Mike seem a less active? Sounds the same. Maybe an effect of his fall? Haven't seen his normal energizer bunny hot laps! 
    He did seem to move around less than usual but still seemed happy and played great, of course. 

I was side stage both nights a couple rows up from Mike. Tonight his movement seemed off and there was even a chair I didn't notice on Saturday close to him on stage. Who knows what is up. I will say his solos and such were off the charts as expected
  • Options
    chittychitty Posts: 608
    I’ve been on the fence about Sacramento.  Damn.  This show makes it hard to miss any.  

Don't, I am already looking at where I can see them next. Seattle is close......
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,258
    BF25394 said:
    How was it? I've got front row behind the pit for Deer Creek. But I'm short, and worried about tall ppl being on the back rail.
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,083
    edited May 7
    Few notables...
    -No Porch 
    -No Vs songs 
    -No Binaural, RA, Avocado, Backspacer, LB
    -All of DM was played over 2 nights except for 1 song (Stevie)
    -9 songs were played both nights 

-Both setlists originally had 25 songs but Down was scratched for N2
    Post edited by JojoRice on
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,921
    I fucking love DM. But that’s way too many repeats imo. I don’t even wanna see my top 5 songs repeated during a 2 night stand. Hopefully this changes by September and they’re not slaves to that screen as far as the setlist. 
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    How was it? I've got front row behind the pit for Deer Creek. But I'm short, and worried about tall ppl being on the back rail.
    It was great for me, but there were two times that my view was blocked.  One was a tall guy at the back rail of pit, but luckily I knew him and he agreed to move over a little.  Second, they position security between the pit and reserved floor.  At one stage a security dude was directly in front of me for a song or two and that was not good.  However for 90% of the show it was a great unobstructed view.  

PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Options
    BF25394 said:
    It was great. There are several feet between the rail in front of the seats and the back of the pit, so anyone at the back of the pit doesn't really get in your line of sight because they're not that close. I guess it could be a problem for someone who's shorter. We also lucked out because they usually let photographers into that gap area to take pictures for the first three songs, but that was only on Night 1. On Night 2, there were no photographers.
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    It was great. There are several feet between the rail in front of the seats and the back of the pit, so anyone at the back of the pit doesn't really get in your line of sight because they're not that close. I guess it could be a problem for someone who's shorter. We also lucked out because they usually let photographers into that gap area to take pictures for the first three songs, but that was only on Night 1. On Night 2, there were no photographers.
    There was one photographer but only for a little while.  

• Options
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    There was one photographer but only for a little while.  
    The only photographer I saw in front of me was late in the set and he was only there for maybe a minute.
  • Options
    Planet of SoundPlanet of Sound UK Posts: 450
    Thoughts after night 1 and 2 setlists:

- Happy for them to play and enjoy the new songs, it’s not like we’ve heard them before!  Think this may change a little bit by the time the next leg swings around anyhow.
    - Liking the love for No Code and Yield!
    - Sounds like the band are enjoying themselves which is great.

• Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,723
    Two more shows before Vegas. I have two traditional openers I haven't seen. Not going to jinx it by mentioning them here though.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,229
    edited May 7
    chitty said:

I was side stage both nights a couple rows up from Mike. Tonight his movement seemed off and there was even a chair I didn't notice on Saturday close to him on stage. Who knows what is up. I will say his solos and such were off the charts as expected
    Someone said he bumped his back when falling the other day
    Post edited by deb1211 on
  • Options
    DiscopijDiscopij Posts: 453
    I'd be happy to see most/all of DM over 2 nights at the same venue ... but hopefully they don't do so many repeats ... maybe 5-6 DM each night with 1-2 repeats max?  With all the hits they have to squeeze in, it leaves so little room for variety when you only get 24-25 songs a night.  And yes, I probably copy/pasted this comment in from the last 2 years' tours.

But to see only 1 song from 2000-2020 over 2 nights ... 
  • Options
    JBob87JBob87 Posts: 443
    I think the repeat complaints are valid. Don’t remember them doing this before on a new album tour at the same venue.