• Options
    ManOfTheHour75ManOfTheHour75 Posts: 339
    edited May 7
    Just posted 2 tix Sec 106 Row 3 
    Hope someone hear grabs them. 

SOLD!
    Post edited by ManOfTheHour75 on
    " Things were different then, all is different now "

Seattle 09-16-96, Vancouver 07-19-98, Seattle 11-05-00, Seattle 12-09-02, Vancouver 05-30-03, Vancouver 09-02-05, Gorge 07-23-06, Seattle 09-21-09, Seattle 09-22-09, Vancouver 09-25-09
  • Options
    danofundanofun Posts: 808
    F5 addiction continues.. Just landed GAs for tonight. If you're still hoping to enter the pit tonight DM me and they're all yours. If there's no interest here I'll release them back to the wild. I'll post this in the F2F thread too. Cheers!
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,924
    danofun said:
    F5 addiction continues.. Just landed GAs for tonight. If you're still hoping to enter the pit tonight DM me and they're all yours. If there's no interest here I'll release them back to the wild. I'll post this in the F2F thread too. Cheers!
    WOW!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,836

Ready to rock out for night 2
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    chittychitty Posts: 608
    edited May 7
    Can anyone inside post when deep sea diver is done tonight? Please 
  • Options
    UseUrIllusionsUseUrIllusions Posts: 537
    chitty said:
    Yup, will do. Seem to be on a bit earlier than Saturday.
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • Options
    julia_amentjulia_ament Toronto, Canada Posts: 78
    danofun said:
    I’d totally grab them if I’d seen this earlier 🥲 such a nice thing to do!
    São Paulo I & II - dec 2 & 3 2005 | São Paulo I & II - nov 3 & 4 2011 | Rio de Janeiro - nov 6 2011 | Ottawa - may 8 2016 | Wrigley I & II - aug 20 & 22 2016 | Temple of the Dog - Philly nov 4 2016 | Seattle I & II - aug 8 & 10 2018 | London I & II - july 8 & 9 2022  | Hamilton - sept 6 2022  | Toronto - sept. 8 2022

"and sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky
    a human being that was given to fly
    "
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,379
    Matt is side stage now watching DSD; Jeff was there Saturday night.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    ekwiptekwipt Vancouver Posts: 485
    danofun said:
    Damn can you work some of that magic for Portland for me? 🤣 
    Been unable to complete the cart on 3 pair and a single this week. 
  • Options
    UseUrIllusionsUseUrIllusions Posts: 537
    chitty said:
    They are done their set!
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • Options
    chittychitty Posts: 608
    chitty said:
    They are done their set!
    Thank you 
  • Options
    LFG!

"A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,863
    chitty said:
    Yup, will do. Seem to be on a bit earlier than Saturday.
    They went on at exactly 7:30 p.m. each night and finished at exactly 8:14 p.m. each night.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    I enjoyed this effect coming out of the sound/lightboard, especially with the Canucks Orca taking a bite out of it.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    I enjoyed this effect coming out of the sound/lightboard, especially with the Canucks Orca taking a bite out of it.

They have a half mirror ball behind the soundboard, and that beam shines down on it to create the strobe effect that they projected onto the screen for a couple of songs. "Wishlist" was one tonight, and also "Got to Give" (maybe?). They used it Saturday for one song, but I don't remember which one.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    edited May 7
    Cool. Yeah, it was a DM song on Saturday I believe.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    TinaETinaE Germany Posts: 1,362
    Wow, what two cool setlists!!!! I can't wait to see PJ in Berlin!!!!
    Berlin 07/05/2018; Berlin 06/21/2022; Frankfurt 06/28/2022
    Eddie Vedder Düsseldorf 06/30/2019
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."
  • Options
    ManOfTheHour75ManOfTheHour75 Posts: 339
    Incredible 2 shows, hopefully everyone that was there enjoyed themselves! I had unbelievable seats for both nights, opposite sides of the stage. 
    " Things were different then, all is different now "

Seattle 09-16-96, Vancouver 07-19-98, Seattle 11-05-00, Seattle 12-09-02, Vancouver 05-30-03, Vancouver 09-02-05, Gorge 07-23-06, Seattle 09-21-09, Seattle 09-22-09, Vancouver 09-25-09
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,379
    Driving back to PDX today — just crossed the border. Very chatty border officer asked if we’d been at the shows, one or both, what was our takeaway? Apparently the fans who got on the road before us preferred night one (we were one of many groups returning to the US after the shows, apparently). I don’t know — we thought they both were great, especially for tour openers.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,396
    I preferred night 2, but I think they just played a few more songs that I really love (In Hiding!!). woo!!

• Options
    I also preferred Night 2 because the four-song opening block was a better four-song block than on Night 1 and because of "Alone," but there was nothing wrong with either night.
  • Options
    Henderson7Henderson7 Posts: 26
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,468
    Night 2 kicked Night 1’s butt.  It was clear after 4 songs.  Everything else was gravy.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Driving back to PDX today — just crossed the border. Very chatty border officer asked if we’d been at the shows, one or both, what was our takeaway? Apparently the fans who got on the road before us preferred night one (we were one of many groups returning to the US after the shows, apparently). I don’t know — we thought they both were great, especially for tour openers.
    Our border agent was very chatty and polite as well. Though we didn't discuss the shows, we discussed him being from Chicago and his wife from South Bend, IN and how I live right between the two.

Now, the officers with radar guns on the curve before the border crossing....they got me good! I'm not sure how that will work with me having been in a rental car. I don't love that, but I wasn't aware the speed zone dropped to 30kph there. 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,396
    Our border agent was very chatty and polite as well. Though we didn't discuss the shows, we discussed him being from Chicago and his wife from South Bend, IN and how I live right between the two.

Now, the officers with radar guns on the curve before the border crossing....they got me good! I'm not sure how that will work with me having been in a rental car. I don't love that, but I wasn't aware the speed zone dropped to 30kph there. 

That's generally how our police work.  They don't usually do speed traps where conditions are dangerous for speeding.  They tend to them where the speed limit is lower than it should be, or spots where people might not have noticed it changed.  We all them honey holes.  Easy way to write ticket after ticket.
  • Options
    Zod said:

That's generally how our police work.  They don't usually do speed traps where conditions are dangerous for speeding.  They tend to them where the speed limit is lower than it should be, or spots where people might not have noticed it changed.  We all them honey holes.  Easy way to write ticket after ticket.
    That's exactly what it was. Get people when they are more focused on crossing borders, gathering passports, uncertainof the changing conditions and potentially distracted. But, I was still wrong and I accept my fault for it. I'm just not sure if I can pay the fine or if I have to wait for the rental car to pay it then bill me. Hell, I'm only assuming it was Canadian police. I expected them to send someone to my car while I was waiting in the queue at the crossing. If they only photo a US plate can they still fine it? How does that work?
  • Options
    ekwiptekwipt Vancouver Posts: 485
    Zod said:

That's exactly what it was. Get people when they are more focused on crossing borders, gathering passports, uncertainof the changing conditions and potentially distracted. But, I was still wrong and I accept my fault for it. I'm just not sure if I can pay the fine or if I have to wait for the rental car to pay it then bill me. Hell, I'm only assuming it was Canadian police. I expected them to send someone to my car while I was waiting in the queue at the crossing. If they only photo a US plate can they still fine it? How does that work?
    Driving infractions are tied to your driver’s license, not the vehicle you are driving. If they nailed you you’ll get something in the mail. If they didn’t pull you over there’s a good chance you’re off the hook. 
  • Options
    Original_ShiftyOriginal_Shifty Great White North Posts: 295
    Anyone buy 50/50 tickets for Night 2? The winner still hasn't claimed the prize.
    2011: Vancouver
    2013: LA 1 & LA 2, Vancouver
    2018: Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
    2022: LA 1 & LA 2
    2024: Vancouver 1 & Vancouver 2, Portland, Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
  • Options
    Zod said:

My rental car projected not only the speedometer onto the windshield, but also the speed limit on the road I was driving on. I was very confused when I was driving at a moderate speed and the speedometer indicated that I was going 90 in an 80 zone. Oh, right, kilometers per hour, not miles per hour. Then I tuned into the radio and came across "Zed 95.3." Oh, right, this is like Z100 in New York. Buying gas (petrol?) in liters (litres?) and Canadian dollars (dollres?), I honestly have no idea whether I got a great deal or got fleeced. Finally, waiting for the SeaBus after Monday night's show, I saw a display that said it was 9 degrees outside. 9 degrees?! For a moment, I thought, "I should have brought a winter coat."

But seriously, your country with its strange units was a delightful place to visit. And I really enjoyed the local cuisine. There was this place in North Vancouver called Chipotle Mexican Grill that was just outstanding.
  • Options
    julieferjuliefer New Westminster, BC Posts: 395
    @BF25394 On gas, you probably got fleeced. But otherwise, due to the exchange rate, you probably did great so it all works out in the end. Glad you enjoyed your visit!