Options

Any tickets released for MSG yet?

MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
edited June 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
Anyone find any on Ticketmaster? I'm really hoping to find better seats than my current section 414s for MSG 2. Anyone see anything for either show yet??
I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
-Reagan
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LouDogLouDog Posts: 30
    Someone just backed out on me and I have an extra 10C ticket that I am looking to sell for face value. My number is 307xxxx not the best number but will be a lot better than what you have right now. If interested let me know.

Jeff
  • Options
    pauly-ppauly-p Posts: 12
    I just went on ticketbastard...8:00am.......NO tickets dropped....yet....I don't know if they will or not....I'm keeping my fingers crossed....
  • Options
    I called twice and one rep said they may go up keep checking and the other said NO any tickets will go straight to the box office, if there are any available. How can she know this?
  • Options
    CpuertaCpuerta Posts: 4
    Was at box office this morning at 9 AM sharp. NO Tickets and the agent said none would be released. Bummer....
    ----
    Beacon 08
    MSG I & II 08
    Camden 9/00, 7/03 & 5/06
    PSU 5/03
  • Options
    Cpuerta wrote:
    Was at box office this morning at 9 AM sharp. NO Tickets and the agent said none would be released. Bummer....

What about for tomorrow?
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    CpuertaCpuerta Posts: 4
    Not sure, i did ask for tomorrow but again, the agent said he was informed none would be released.
    ----
    Beacon 08
    MSG I & II 08
    Camden 9/00, 7/03 & 5/06
    PSU 5/03
  • Options
    we should all call TM and ask the same question verbatim "any pearl jam tickets re-released for todays show at MSG" over and over again... some payback!
  • Options
    butterfly1butterfly1 Posts: 372
    Hmmm... i would check the bo closer to show time.
  • Options
    I got my tickets from the dircetor of ticketing at msg, and he told my guy that both show's are sold out and none would be released! i tried to get another tix myself and he laughed at me and said no way.
  • Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,189
    Nothing on TM at Noon
  • Options
    I am very relieved that I got the tickets when I did, then. People have posted about how they wait until the day of the show to get tickets for sold out shows and usually get very good seats. Some recommended that I do that in this case. But I didn't and wound up with section 310 for tonight and section 414 for tomorrow night (which sucks). And now I am very very very glad that I didn't take their advice.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    Like others have said you just need to keep checking. If you wait for the pit to update you, any tickets released will probably already be gone. I've never tried for tickets at MSG before so that may be a whole other animal, but just about every show has a handful open up. I just scored 2nd row center seats for Tom Waits at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta by routinely checking. The show had been sold out for weeks.
  • Options
    So today's the day I need some. Anyone else get lucky?
    -Reagan
  • Options
    GangstacroGangstacro Posts: 104
    It's not looking good for a ticket drop. I've been trying to bring up 1 ticket throughout the day with no luck.

It would seem unlikely that we would have a drop today, mainly because the reason for most ticket drops is that extra seats were freed up once the stage was put in. They would have known this information yesterday, so I figure any extras would already be out there.

You never know though, so keep trying!
  • Options
    people that don't even know me are going to call b/s (watched them do it to others)
    but i am kicking myself now
    about 12:50 i pulled up a single in 200 level (behind stage) after being told none available seconds earlier
    got greedy and threw it back figuring more would drop and have been shutout since
  • Options
    WHY DIDN'T YOU TAKE IT?? You're nuts!!
    -Reagan
  • Options
    GangstacroGangstacro Posts: 104
    people that don't even know me are going to call b/s (watched them do it to others)
    but i am kicking myself now
    about 12:50 i pulled up a single in 200 level (behind stage) after being told none available seconds earlier
    got greedy and threw it back figuring more would drop and have been shutout since

I find it more hard to believe that you threw it back than that you actually were able to bring a ticket up.

That's crazy.
  • Options
    I thought there would be more (thought it was the beginning of a drop) and still holding out hope their will still be one.
    I have used a drop many times and tickets locations do not usually come out in order.
    I got greedy and am now paying for it.
  • Options
    I am getting REALLY frustrated! I don't even know if I'll be able to see them from where I am with the light rigging and all. :mad:
    -Reagan
  • Options
    MikeSigMikeSig Posts: 74
    MSG is an odd venue when it comes to ticket "drops." For some shows (R.E.M. last week), there are tons of awesome seats released day of show. For other acts (Bruce, PJ), it seems that next to nothing is dropped, and if it is, is not that great of a seat anyway.
  • Options
    the seat was in 211 and i had the same fear with speakers and equipment
    and really believed i would have another crack at something
  • Options
    the seat was in 211 and i had the same fear with speakers and equipment
    and really believed i would have another crack at something

Yeah but I'm in 400s behind stage. :eek:
    -Reagan