Options

Ted Leo...?

kingmattkingmatt Posts: 121
edited June 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
I've never heard of him or the band... anyone got any recommendations on songs to check out?

Looking for honest opinions... worth busting ass across town to get there for the openers?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Evo2010Evo2010 Posts: 90
    Im curious myself. Dont even know what genre he is
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsuC_dB77PI

Me and Mia

I'm a HUGE ted leo fan.

You won't be disappointed.
  • Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    He reminds me of Graham Parker for some reason.

Looking forward to seeing him at MSG.
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Ted Leo will rock your face ...

whole thread about him in "Other Music" ... plenty of links to youtube vids on page one ...

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=277887
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,885
    Some of my friends in DC were pretty excited to find out he is opening, I've listed to some of his stuff, its pretty good.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    jimed14 wrote:
    Ted Leo will rock your face ...

whole thread about him in "Other Music" ... plenty of links to youtube vids on page one ...

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=277887

Cool, thanks. I've been wondering about this as well.
  • Options
    cbbjrcbbjr Posts: 232
    I'm a fan of Angels' Share. I like KOL but have seen them before. Very happy that we get Ted Leo in DC. It will be a nice hometown show for him.
    98-KC; 00-Indianapolis, StL, KC; 03-KC, DC; 04-DC; 06-Camden2, DC, Pittsburgh; 08-DC; 09-Chicago1, Spectrum3; 10-DC; 13-Baltimote; 16-Chicago1; 18-Seattle2; 22-NY
  • Options
    Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    kingmatt wrote:
    I've never heard of him or the band... anyone got any recommendations on songs to check out?

Looking for honest opinions... worth busting ass across town to get there for the openers?

Since you know Ted Leo isn't going to have the automatic pull of Kings of Leon...it's worth busting your ass to see if Ed does a preset tonight to ensure people DO start coming in to the show to see Ted Leo.

That's what I think. :)
  • Options
    cbbjr wrote:
    I'm a fan of Angels' Share. I like KOL but have seen them before. Very happy that we get Ted Leo in DC. It will be a nice hometown show for him.

NY and DC are both homes for Ted Leo ... thus, a good choice for these shows. Also likes to rap about politics, so, no doubt, he and Ed will have a few laughs.

Ted's a big Joe Strummer fan too, which gets big points in my book.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    kingmattkingmatt Posts: 121
    Thanks for the info... I'm definitely liking what I've heard so far. That Kelly Clarkson/Yeah Yeah Yeahs thing is (intentionally) hilarious and awesome.

No question I'll be there for the opening sets!
  • Options
    kingmatt wrote:
    Thanks for the info... I'm definitely liking what I've heard so far. That Kelly Clarkson/Yeah Yeah Yeahs thing is (intentionally) hilarious and awesome.

No question I'll be there for the opening sets!

smart man ... enjoy!

• Options
    So Camden, what did you think of Ted Leo?

I've seen he and the Pharmacists twice and had a great time at both shows. But they were both in small music clubs so I'm wondering how they translate to a much bigger venue/audience.

I guess worst case scenario is you didn't enjoy their show, but you got another amazing setlist from PJ!!!