Options

Best 2008 WMA to download?

KyleBKyleB Posts: 75
edited July 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
Just got MSG #1, and WMA is awesome. Pretty much bought the show for that song. Is there another show with a better version?

-Kyle
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I thought the MSG2 version was the best

South Carolina was pretty sweet too but MSG2 was my favorite, over MSG1
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    MrStyles420MrStyles420 Posts: 272
    camden was the best bar none...the intro alone is incredible and the song was nothing short of epic
    '06- Irving Plaza (What a way to see my first PJ concert), Albany, Hartford, Camden I & II, East Rutherford I & II, Pittsburgh

'07- THE VIC!!!, Lollapalooza (Chicago)

'08- Virginia Beach, Camden I & II, Washington D.C., MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield I & II,
    EV NY I & II, Newark, DC I & II
  • Options
    MrStyles420MrStyles420 Posts: 272
    I thought the MSG2 version was the best

South Carolina was pretty sweet too but MSG2 was my favorite, over MSG1

msg 2 felt like they were rushing through the song
    '06- Irving Plaza (What a way to see my first PJ concert), Albany, Hartford, Camden I & II, East Rutherford I & II, Pittsburgh

'07- THE VIC!!!, Lollapalooza (Chicago)

'08- Virginia Beach, Camden I & II, Washington D.C., MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield I & II,
    EV NY I & II, Newark, DC I & II
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    msg 2 felt like they were rushing through the song

it was played a lot faster for some reason but it was kind of cool.
  • Options
    YoullseeDragonsYoullseeDragons Posts: 2,118
    camden was the best bar none...the intro alone is incredible and the song was nothing short of epic

I think the same thing. The intro was the greatest then the rest of the song followed, great fan reaction. I know I reacted, awesome!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    KyleB wrote:
    Just got MSG #1, and WMA is awesome. Pretty much bought the show for that song. Is there another show with a better version?

-Kyle
    MSG II
    TEN CLUB GREECE
    DIMITRIS
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    I don't think the MSG ones are best... the backup singers are kinda lame... I'd say go with Bonnaroo, SC, or Camden.
  • Options
    zazzi82zazzi82 Posts: 22
    I'd go with the ones without the backup singers
    Nashville 2000
    Nashville 2003
    Cincy 2006
    The ROO 2008
  • Options
    SkeeterBSkeeterB If I knew where it was, I would take you there... Posts: 422
    a little off topic, but I thought the crowd reaction to this was unbelievable, especially the "police stopped my brother again" part. The song hasn't been played in full for 14 years, and it was like everyone knew this was the part to go nuts to. It was awesome live and hopefully stays in the rotation.
    Fighting childhood obesity...
    www.amazingathletes.com/northchi
  • Options
    voorsonvoorson Posts: 7
    The Camden Boot is amazing. Best I have heard