Options

Fan To Fan

Comments

• Options
    TA243471TA243471 The Great Northwest Posts: 1,190
    benraw said:
    The joke is you don’t consider fans. I’m not from a place in Canada that EVER sees Pearl Jam play. Vancouver is the closest (7.5 hr trip) that Pearl Jam has played. I’m now 43 and can afford to see it. 

You may have access to events in cities, but don’t fault fans for trusting a system designed by the band, FOR PROTECTING THE FANS, which undercut ticket prices and screwed 10club fan purchase is a problem. You have a mandate that people pay too much for concerts, different conversation than this.

“It's strange these days
    When everybody else pays
    For someone else's mistake”

Joke. If I paid a million, they undercut their own fans. They have the ability to refund fans who have been gouged by their own process.

Don't blame this on Pearl Jam.  They didn't make you pay $800 for a ticket.  And why would they refund you.  You weren't duped into buying those tickets.  The fact that you think you purchased those tickets through the 10 club sale is a good place to start placing blame. All the tickets purchase through the 10 club were face value.  You purchased through Verified Fan, and then rather than buy a face value ticket, you bought a Premium Ticket.

The rest of us will be paying for your mistake because now Ticketmaster has a reason to keep selling the Premium Tickets for 4 and 5 times the real price, so yes, everyone else pays for someone else's mistake.
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
    • 2024: Vancouver 1,
  • Options
    benrawbenraw Posts: 3
    Band sets $ for ticket. Me pay $ for ticket that band sells. Band takes $. Band drops $ next to ticket to 0.25 for same due to lack of sales.
    This was NOT Ticketmaster, this is why they sued Ticketmaster. They have complete control over this price and the revenue. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,838
    TA243471 said:
    benraw said:
    The joke is you don’t consider fans. I’m not from a place in Canada that EVER sees Pearl Jam play. Vancouver is the closest (7.5 hr trip) that Pearl Jam has played. I’m now 43 and can afford to see it. 

You may have access to events in cities, but don’t fault fans for trusting a system designed by the band, FOR PROTECTING THE FANS, which undercut ticket prices and screwed 10club fan purchase is a problem. You have a mandate that people pay too much for concerts, different conversation than this.

“It's strange these days
    When everybody else pays
    For someone else's mistake”

Joke. If I paid a million, they undercut their own fans. They have the ability to refund fans who have been gouged by their own process.

Don't blame this on Pearl Jam.  They didn't make you pay $800 for a ticket.  And why would they refund you.  You weren't duped into buying those tickets.  The fact that you think you purchased those tickets through the 10 club sale is a good place to start placing blame. All the tickets purchase through the 10 club were face value.  You purchased through Verified Fan, and then rather than buy a face value ticket, you bought a Premium Ticket.

The rest of us will be paying for your mistake because now Ticketmaster has a reason to keep selling the Premium Tickets for 4 and 5 times the real price, so yes, everyone else pays for someone else's mistake.
    I think we can blame Pearl Jam and at the same
    time blame the people buying the premium tickets. 
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,144
    I’ll be dropping a pair of LV2 in sec 10, row P, seats 2-3 at 8:00pm eastern. 
    Of course I was watching my hockey team stink and missed this
  • Options
    jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,909
    benraw said:
    Band sets $ for ticket. Me pay $ for ticket that band sells. Band takes $. Band drops $ next to ticket to 0.25 for same due to lack of sales.
    This was NOT Ticketmaster, this is why they sued Ticketmaster. They have complete control over this price and the revenue. 
    Great initial posts.  Band didn't force you to buy an $800 ticket, and you didn't pay attention that there were/are tickets available for less.  Go whine elsewhere.
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | **2024-05-16 Las Vegas** | **2024-05-18 Las Vegas** |
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,299
    benraw said:

That's not exactly how it works.   Band gets offered a gaurantee by the promoter (organization that runs the show), they discuss how that revenue is going to made, band gives the ok, and then it's up to the promoter to make enough money to pay the band and make some profit.   Band isn't involved in the day to day of picking the individual prices for seats, but they do sign off on things like use platinum tickets overall.

Your problem is generally that you bought a platinum (aka PJ premium) ticket.   Never buy platinum tickets.  They're offered at most concerts now. 

How come you didn't use your 10c membership to buy tickets?  You're posting on the 10c board, which means you could of easily had face value tickets for the show?
  • Options
    GirlLovesPJGirlLovesPJ New Jersey Posts: 1,033
    jwhjr17 said:
    benraw said:
    Great initial posts.  Band didn't force you to buy an $800 ticket, and you didn't pay attention that there were/are tickets available for less.  Go whine elsewhere.
    And there’s a place just for that too!

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/301792/official-complainers-thread/p1
    2012: Philadelphia, Atlanta
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires, Chicago, Worcester 1 & 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Philadelphia 1 & 2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Oslo, Gdynia, Leeds, Cincinnati, St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2015: New York City, Mexico City
    2016: Miami, Columbia, New York City 2, Quebec City, Chicago 2
    2018: Seattle 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2
    2022: New York City 2, Camden
    2023: St. Paul 1 & 2, Chicago 2, Austin 1 & 2
  • Options
    jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,909
    jwhjr17 said:
    benraw said:
    And there’s a place just for that too!

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/301792/official-complainers-thread/p1
    Yes!
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | **2024-05-16 Las Vegas** | **2024-05-18 Las Vegas** |
  • Options
    TA243471TA243471 The Great Northwest Posts: 1,190
    benraw said:

Sound like maybe you need to request to speak with the Manager.  It is good that you keep commenting though.  At least we know that Verified Fan is not the only thing you don't understand.
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
    • 2024: Vancouver 1,
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,154
    Zod said:
    benraw said:

That's not exactly how it works.   Band gets offered a gaurantee by the promoter (organization that runs the show), they discuss how that revenue is going to made, band gives the ok, and then it's up to the promoter to make enough money to pay the band and make some profit.   Band isn't involved in the day to day of picking the individual prices for seats, but they do sign off on things like use platinum tickets overall.

Your problem is generally that you bought a platinum (aka PJ premium) ticket.   Never buy platinum tickets.  They're offered at most concerts now. 

How come you didn't use your 10c membership to buy tickets?  You're posting on the 10c board, which means you could of easily had face value tickets for the show?

Looks like they just signed up this week, that’s why 10c wasn’t used. With PJ tickets, you better be on the ball when that lottery comes out, or next chance to catch them in your town is seven years later

Your comment is true, and I realize you are replying to a rookie, however, this band does things much differently than almost every other artist. 

If we look at every other artist not named Taylor, we will likely see a range of prices starting at maybe 90 bucks and every price in between that and going up to maybe platinum $800 for the best seats. For those of us in the Northeast, the choices here are win the lottery for 180 bucks or you’re stuck paying $800 $1000 $2000, and that is 100% the bands doing. Underpricing tickets within a private lottery works wonders for those broker and platinum tickets that make it to the general public..

in the northeast there is zero in between, unless you win the lottery or get lucky with fan the fan which is essentially the same thing.

there’s no market for $300 tickets, there’s no market rate for $400 tickets, there’s no market for $600 tickets, either win the lottery for  $180 or are you stuck paying $900 …$1000 …$1500…$2000 whatever they feel like when making up the price.
  • Options
    Zod said:
    benraw said:

Looks like they just signed up this week, that’s why 10c wasn’t used. With PJ tickets, you better be on the ball when that lottery comes out, or next chance to catch them in your town is seven years later

Your comment is true, and I realize you are replying to a rookie, however, this band does things much differently than almost every other artist. 

If we look at every other artist not named Taylor, we will likely see a range of prices starting at maybe 90 bucks and every price in between that and going up to maybe platinum $800 for the best seats. For those of us in the Northeast, the choices here are win the lottery for 180 bucks or you’re stuck paying $800 $1000 $2000, and that is 100% the bands doing. Underpricing tickets within a private lottery works wonders for those broker and platinum tickets that make it to the general public..

in the northeast there is zero in between, unless you win the lottery or get lucky with fan the fan which is essentially the same thing.

there’s no market for $300 tickets, there’s no market rate for $400 tickets, there’s no market for $600 tickets, either win the lottery for  $180 or are you stuck paying $900 …$1000 …$1500…$2000 whatever they feel like when making up the price.

That's brutal.  I feel fairly fortunate that I grew up going to a lot of shows in Vancouver.  It's a city, but it's not a megacity like many of the big ones in the US, and there aren't really any big cities around it.  Seattle, then Portland, Calgary maybe? So the demand wasn't as insane.   There was even a substantial difference trying to get tickets for Vancouver shows vs. Seattle shows (for PJ or other bands) because Seattle is a fair bit bigger.

I couldn't imagine living in the NorthEastern USA where there's so many big cities, and they're all in fairly close distance to each other, making demand for tickets a lot crazier.

I do wonder why bands play MSG (I guess it's history) instead of bigger venues.   Competing with 28 million people to an Arena concert seems like an uphill battle to me.
  • Options
    2 seats toward the middle of the floor just appeared for LA1. Sec G, Row 19. 
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,154
    Zod said:
    Zod said:
    benraw said:

That's brutal.  I feel fairly fortunate that I grew up going to a lot of shows in Vancouver.  It's a city, but it's not a megacity like many of the big ones in the US, and there aren't really any big cities around it.  Seattle, then Portland, Calgary maybe? So the demand wasn't as insane.   There was even a substantial difference trying to get tickets for Vancouver shows vs. Seattle shows (for PJ or other bands) because Seattle is a fair bit bigger.

I couldn't imagine living in the NorthEastern USA where there's so many big cities, and they're all in fairly close distance to each other, making demand for tickets a lot crazier.

I do wonder why bands play MSG (I guess it's history) instead of bigger venues.   Competing with 28 million people to an Arena concert seems like an uphill battle to me.

I’m not sure stadiums would help, as Fenway tickets are also very difficult to find. You are right about all the big cities here being close to each other, but they are also hugely popular here. Ed made a comment at Camden, think it was 2003 when he said their management told them they sell more records/CDs in the NE than anywhere else, even accounting for population.
  • Options
    flanosmasseurflanosmasseur Posts: 210
    Getting ready to list a pair on F2F for Portland: Section 119, Row O, Seats 16 & 17
    07/28/1992 - Cincinnati
    07/11/1998 - Las Vegas
    07/22/2006 - The Gorge
    04/26/2016 - Lexington
    08/08/2018 - Seattle
    08/10/2018 - Seattle
    08/20/2018 - Wrigley Field
    04/02/2020 - Nashville
    09/16/2022 - Nashville
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,144
    Oh my patience for trying to upgrade vegas 2 is getting so thin.

It's making me crazy
  • Options
    Sugarloafer04Sugarloafer04 Telluride CO // Brooklyn NY Posts: 261
    deb1211 said:
    Oh my patience for trying to upgrade vegas 2 is getting so thin.

It's making me crazy
    I haven't seen much for either LV nights recently, there were a pair of GA's that came and went for both nights and a decent floor pair within the past few days. I have been watching like a hawk too I am hoping it opens up a little bit more but if not I am happy in sec 10 for N1 and sec 11 for night 2. Trying to find an elusive single GA obviously..
    2016: Telluride, CO
    2018: Fenway night 1
    2021: Sea.Hear.Now
    2022: San Diego, MSG, Camden 
    2023: Ft. Worth 1, Ft. Worth 2, Austin 1, Austin 2
  • Options
    bootlegbootleg Posts: 507
    It’s been quiet in the F2F game lately.  Haven’t seen a whole lot.
  • Options
    So glitchy today. Plenty of tickets just hanging around after they are sold or unable to be sold. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    So glitchy today. Plenty of tickets just hanging around after they are sold or unable to be sold. 

I think that's normal.  They seem to often ghost for up to an hour after they get sold, it's super annoying :(
  • Options
    Zod said:
    PJNB said:

I think that's normal.  They seem to often ghost for up to an hour after they get sold, it's super annoying :(
    I just timed a drop with someone. It took 45 minutes to finally pop up. After it did they never go the sold message until 15 minutes after it was up. I could not even cart them. 

I thought the sold email came pretty close to when it sold. 
  • Options
    Aaron 23Aaron 23 Allen, TX Posts: 535
    PJNB said:
    Anyone dropping GAs knowing this just wants to watch the world burn. 
  • Options
    NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,389
    edited April 29
    PJNB said:
    Zod said:
    PJNB said:

I just timed a drop with someone. It took 45 minutes to finally pop up. After it did they never go the sold message until 15 minutes after it was up. I could not even cart them. 

I thought the sold email came pretty close to when it sold. 
    That's crazy. Normally they show within a couple of minutes and the sold email comes within a minute or so of them selling 
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,439
    There's a single GA for LA1 thats been up there for 15  minutes or so. I havent been able to cart it 
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,272
    Aaron 23 said:
    PJNB said:
    Given how glitchy F2F has been, I don’t believe it’s possible to do a timed drop for GAs right now. I hope this changes at some point, but can’t say I’m all that confident. 
  • Options
    PhartNPhartN MD Posts: 214
    steven87 said:
    Aaron 23 said:
    PJNB said:
    Given how glitchy F2F has been, I don’t believe it’s possible to do a timed drop for GAs right now. I hope this changes at some point, but can’t say I’m all that confident. 
    I have had success with a timed drop for single tickets, floor seats in Bmore...was a pair that was split.  I think single drops are the way...
    1995: New Orleans, LA
    2006: Washington, D.C.
    2008: Washington, D.C.
    2010: Bristow, VA
    2013: Baltimore, MD
    2016: Hampton, VA
    2020: Baltimore, MD
    2023: Noblesville, IN TBD
  • Options
    bbdowell1627bbdowell1627 Posts: 156
    Maybe they are getting Wrigley fan to fan ready??? That’s causing the glitches-I can dream right???
  • Options
    Maybe they are getting Wrigley fan to fan ready??? That’s causing the glitches-I can dream right???
    They can't even get Fenway N1 to work lol. 
  • Options
    edited April 29
    What a waste of time this is. 
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,836
    PJNB said:
    What a waste of time this is. 
    It really is. Seeing the single GA up for 85 minutes a few days ago and being able to cart it after 83 minutes (though still getting U504) is beyond weird. And it seems this is the norm for the really good seats lately. All after a couple months of GA's being unobtainable and immediately being relisted on Tick pick. Something weird is definitely going on. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,194
    LA Single U521... gone .