2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    kramerica4kramerica4 Posts: 265
    The Boston variant is just amazing!
    So glad I bought a copy of this beauty.
  • Options
    Sirens4Sirens4 Posts: 576
    Oh wow. 10c Red is a different cut from the regional variants. 
    Where do you see this? On the etchings? I have not checked mine but my Boston variant is very bright sounding compared to red/black 10c version.
    Springfield 94 hartford 96,98,06,08 xl center 2010,2013 boston 06,2010 mansfield ma 1998,2000,2003,2008
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,987
    Just posted this in another thread

OK. I AB'd my Chicago variant (CZ) and my 10c Red variant (Furnace)

I'm assuming they both use the same digital master to cut, and it shows. The highly compressed sound for the album still comes across on both vinyl. 

Both LPs were cleaned ultrasonically before playing. Because thye were new, I just an 8 min cycle on my Degritter. Both got new antistatic sleeves before being played. Both were played on my VPI HW-19, Grado Gold cart through a vintage Marantz 2020. Polk bookshelf (Solid low end, decent mids, great highs). No knobs were touched for this comparison (Volume remained constant. I keep my Bass at a 7, Mids at a 9 and highs at an 8) 

The differences: 

(pressing quality) The CZ pressing has a touch noisier surface. even after the cleaning. Some static remains. Pretty normal for a CZ pressing (if the label doesn't pay up for the better quality). The furnace wasn't dead quiet but it was difficult to pick up surface noise. No pops on either. Didn't weigh them, but it felt like the CZ was a touch heavier. Both have different dead wax. The messages are the same, but Furnace is hand carved and CZ is a digital etching.

(Sound) The Furnace had a very nice low end. Jeffs bass and the bass drum kinda rip on this. Unfortunately, the offset to that is that its makes it have a murkier over all sound. The CZ seems a bit more crisp in the sound. The offset to that is that it comes across as a bit thin. I'm chalking both of these up to the master being not great. Maybe if the furnace were spread across 2 LPs, that murkiness would go away with more space to cut. Neither had great instrument separation. The quieter songs and parts sounded better. Highs better on the CZ, lows better on the Furnace.

I saw some chatter about the last track Setting Sun, pushing the limits for time on the B-side. My first spin last week of the CZ pressing I noticed the IGD immediately. The compressed sound on the master certainly doesn't help things either. The furnace pressing minimizes the IGD. The cut is better at keeping that IGD static down. Again, its still there, but its less noticeable than the CZ pressing.  
  • Options
    Sirens4 said:
    Where do you see this? On the etchings? 
    Yeah, the deadwax. The messages are the same, one is just hand written (Furnace/10c Red) and the other is a digital carving (Regional variants/CZ)
  • Options
    Sirens4 said:
    Yeah, the deadwax. The messages are the same, one is just hand written (Furnace/10c Red) and the other is a digital carving (Regional variants/CZ)
    My Boston is hand written? 
    Springfield 94 hartford 96,98,06,08 xl center 2010,2013 boston 06,2010 mansfield ma 1998,2000,2003,2008
  • Options
    Sirens4 said:
    Sirens4 said:
    Sirens4 said:
    Sirens4 said:

• Options
    Huh. Upon closer inspection it guess the cubs one is hand carved. Good handwriting 
  • Options
    10c is definitely different. It has Matt @ Metropolis carved into it and it’s big handwriting (compared to the CZ pressings)
  • Options
    mickf29mickf29 Posts: 33
    Anyone see these at any of your stores? When I picked up the PNW green vinyl, they gave me a couple of these. Funny they only had a handful of vinyls in stock, but had plenty of patches! Gave me two.

1995 Club Moe w/Neil Young Seattle WA
    1996 Key Arena Seattle WA
    2000 Mesa Del Sol Albuquerque
    2005 Gorge Amphitheater WA
    2005 Clark County Amphitheater Portland OR (Vancouver WA)
    2006 Arlene Schnitzer Hall Portland OR
    2008 Susquehanna Bank Center Camden NJ
    2009 Outside Lands Golden Gate Park SF CA
    2011 Ottawa w Mudhoney
    2014 Big Day Out Gold Coast Australia
    2022 Ohana Festival Dana Point CA
    2024 Portland Moda Center
    2024 Missoula Grizzly Stadium
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,753
    mickf29 said:
    Anyone see these at any of your stores? When I picked up the PNW green vinyl, they gave me a couple of these. Funny they only had a handful of vinyls in stock, but had plenty of patches! Gave me two.

I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    runstaplesrunstaples NC/WY Posts: 220
    10 club version came in the mail!

Appeared to be an animal, yet so polite.
  • Options

😳 
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,986

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,986

• Options
    pjbugs007pjbugs007 Posts: 1,102
    Chi-town Variant.
  • Options
    ImcoffeegirlImcoffeegirl Posts: 216
    pjbugs007 said:
    Chi-town Variant.
    STUNNING! 
  • Options
    jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,568
    pjbugs007 said:
    Chi-town Variant.
    Def in my top 3 - RSD, Vegas and this....

"Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • Options
    PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,597
    Worst nightmare. USPS sent PNW destroyed and warped.

Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • Options
    mickf29mickf29 Posts: 33

At least they apologized. 
    1995 Club Moe w/Neil Young Seattle WA
    1996 Key Arena Seattle WA
    2000 Mesa Del Sol Albuquerque
    2005 Gorge Amphitheater WA
    2005 Clark County Amphitheater Portland OR (Vancouver WA)
    2006 Arlene Schnitzer Hall Portland OR
    2008 Susquehanna Bank Center Camden NJ
    2009 Outside Lands Golden Gate Park SF CA
    2011 Ottawa w Mudhoney
    2014 Big Day Out Gold Coast Australia
    2022 Ohana Festival Dana Point CA
    2024 Portland Moda Center
    2024 Missoula Grizzly Stadium
  • Options
    pjbugs007 said:
    Chi-town Variant.
    Def in my top 3 - RSD, Vegas and this....

No doubt definitely a top 3!
  • Options
    ImcoffeegirlImcoffeegirl Posts: 216

So sorry! I hope you can get it replaced. 
  • Options

So what happens? Do they even pay for that?
  • Options
    EH19735EH19735 Posts: 6
    It took a week, but my 10C variant arrived today. USPS did not beat it to hell, thankfully, but they did take their sweet time. Yes, it’s purple (or maybe wine-colored would be more fair), but I can also confirm that when held up to the light, it does turn red. I don’t know if they make such a thing as an LED turntable platter or not, but I will look into it. Anyway, I’ve got this and the Deluxe CD and the NY variant I’m going to sell to my brother and the local record store has a large supply of the Missoulas still, so I’ll get one of those for my dad and I think I’ll be done. It’s been fun, but now I’ll just wait (and hope for) a next one.

• Options
    EH19735EH19735 Posts: 6

So kind of them to provide a form letter “apology” that basically amounts to “Oh, well, shit happens!” And then offer you no compensation whatsoever.
  • Options
    edited April 27
    EH19735 said:

So kind of them to provide a form letter “apology” that basically amounts to “Oh, well, shit happens!” And then offer you no compensation whatsoever.
    That’s messed up. They need to take accountability and make it right. I’d be so pissed. 
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,981
    Anybody ordered the NY variant from Darkside Records? Just wondered if you got a shipping notice before it arrived? I ordered five days ago but showing as not shipped and I’m concerned they may have oversold. 
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    edited April 27
    tino_11 said:
    Anybody ordered the NY variant from Darkside Records? Just wondered if you got a shipping notice before it arrived? I ordered five days ago but showing as not shipped and I’m concerned they may have oversold. 
    Don’t worry Tino. I ordered something a week ago an it hasn’t shipped yet so I emailed them a they said they got swamped with orders the day after RSD an are working on it. Same thing is said in their Facebook page. But yes you get a email when it ships!
    Post edited by pjbugs007 on
  • Options
    Naked JohnNaked John Posts: 282
    Anyone have a verdict on how the RSD compares? Where was that pressed?
  • Options
    Naked JohnNaked John Posts: 282
    Just posted this in another thread

OK. I AB'd my Chicago variant (CZ) and my 10c Red variant (Furnace)

I'm assuming they both use the same digital master to cut, and it shows. The highly compressed sound for the album still comes across on both vinyl. 

Both LPs were cleaned ultrasonically before playing. Because thye were new, I just an 8 min cycle on my Degritter. Both got new antistatic sleeves before being played. Both were played on my VPI HW-19, Grado Gold cart through a vintage Marantz 2020. Polk bookshelf (Solid low end, decent mids, great highs). No knobs were touched for this comparison (Volume remained constant. I keep my Bass at a 7, Mids at a 9 and highs at an 8) 

The differences: 

(pressing quality) The CZ pressing has a touch noisier surface. even after the cleaning. Some static remains. Pretty normal for a CZ pressing (if the label doesn't pay up for the better quality). The furnace wasn't dead quiet but it was difficult to pick up surface noise. No pops on either. Didn't weigh them, but it felt like the CZ was a touch heavier. Both have different dead wax. The messages are the same, but Furnace is hand carved and CZ is a digital etching.

(Sound) The Furnace had a very nice low end. Jeffs bass and the bass drum kinda rip on this. Unfortunately, the offset to that is that its makes it have a murkier over all sound. The CZ seems a bit more crisp in the sound. The offset to that is that it comes across as a bit thin. I'm chalking both of these up to the master being not great. Maybe if the furnace were spread across 2 LPs, that murkiness would go away with more space to cut. Neither had great instrument separation. The quieter songs and parts sounded better. Highs better on the CZ, lows better on the Furnace.

I saw some chatter about the last track Setting Sun, pushing the limits for time on the B-side. My first spin last week of the CZ pressing I noticed the IGD immediately. The compressed sound on the master certainly doesn't help things either. The furnace pressing minimizes the IGD. The cut is better at keeping that IGD static down. Again, its still there, but its less noticeable than the CZ pressing.  
    Tim,

Thank You!
    This is precisely what I was looking to HEAR! Did you happen to pick up an RSD variant?
    I am going to get a black. Still looking at the variants...may grab a clear...I have the COKE No Code not the clear that followed.
    I wish I knew you were an audiophile. I would have been talking to you forever.
    With great gratitude, please know how much this review means to me.
    I had heard the record release over SIRIUS/XM.
    John