Options

Kyle Meredith interviews STONE and MIKE

Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,088
edited April 21 in The Porch
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on

Comments

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,546
    Stone settled the Sphere question.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 627
    100 Pacer said:
    He sure did. Firmly. And a large chunk of the fanbase won’t believe him. 😂
  • Options
    BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 586
    100 Pacer said:
    I’m not sure Stone wouldn’t do it if all the other members were super set on it, but hearing him describe the prep probably needed to pull of a successful show at the Sphere doesn’t seem like something any of them would want. 

Really nice interview, thanks for sharing. I like the reaction from Stone when the guy said it was a ‘bright’ album like Yield (? not bright in my mind, love the album) and Backspacer (I get the bright idea, not a big fan). There certainly seems to be an energy to the 3 songs I’ve heard that I’m liking. 9:01 tomorrow can’t come soon enough!
  • Options
    kmcmanus said:
    100 Pacer said:
    Who knows when the offer comes and the rest says they should do it thouuuugh
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,289
    kmcmanus said:
    100 Pacer said:
    Who knows when the offer comes and the rest says they should do it thouuuugh
    Great point!! The money was SO GOOD that it got U2, to play 40 shows without Larry.  And get Dead And Co. to come out of there short-lived retirement.  Everyone has a price!
  • Options
    halvhalv Posts: 680
    Stone has a definite vocal tick when he does interviews. He says "you know" multiple times each sentence. I noticed this in the last interview he did with Meredith as well. 
  • Options