Options

Dark Matter World Tour 2024

Comments

• Options
    ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 634
    They just released the entirety of sections 212 and 205 for Portland. 
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,391
    Can someone clarify - if I buy someone's PJ Premium ticket on Ticketmaster resale, they have to be there in person to scan the ticket for me to get in? 
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,813
    The Rock said:
    Can someone clarify - if I buy someone's PJ Premium ticket on Ticketmaster resale, they have to be there in person to scan the ticket for me to get in? 
    No

It is now your ticket with a new barcode. Same goes for standard priced 10C tickets. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    The Rock said:
    No

It is now your ticket with a new barcode. Same goes for standard priced 10C tickets. 
    Ahhh OK so it'll show in my TM account? 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,813
    The Rock said:
    PJNB said:
    The Rock said:
    No

Ahh OK so it'll show in my TM account? 
    Yes but I must say don't do it lol. Friends don't let friends buy PJ premium haha
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    The Rock said:
    PJNB said:
    The Rock said:
    No

Ahh OK so it'll show in my TM account? 
    Yes but I must say don't do it lol. Friends don't let friends buy PJ premium haha
    Haha its expensive but it's a really good seated ticket for Manchester. I'm tempted because if there's no early entry for 10c GA I don't want to be lining up all day fighting with everyone else to get a decent spot. 
  • Options
    Planet of SoundPlanet of Sound UK Posts: 337
    edited April 16
    Wait until last minute, there’s bound to be other spares nearer the time.  Also you probably will lose money on your GA ticket if you want to sell it so it’s a double-whammy.  Also we don’t know if it’s early entry yet or not.
  • Options
    I opted not to take the plunge, so I'll wait until nearer the time. Thanks guys. 
  • Options
    kilteraghkilteragh Ireland Posts: 13
    Premium now removed from Dublin on TM
  • Options
    MJ240670MJ240670 Posts: 7
    Just got 3 seats in a row  Sec 111 for Sacramento for 185$ each. The only row in the lower section for that price. Sweet. My sons first concert and first PJ show. Should be great. Now I need to sell my fan club tickets on the floor next to the mixing board. Hopefully they sell.
  • Options
    efroten2efroten2 Chicago Posts: 66
    Random question about a possible ticket limit issue.
    I have 2x 10C tix for Sacramento in my account.
    My friend has 4x tix for Sacrament in his TM account from the initial TIM presale.
    We'd like to upgrade his 4x seats to 3x better seats, which I just found for face value on TM.
    I just tried to purchase the 3x tickets using my TM account and it keeps giving me an invalid payment error, even though I've tried 2x cards that are both valid.
    Is it rejecting my order because I already have 2x tickets in my account??
    If so, I get it but it could at least tell me the correct reason.  B)
    1994: Bridge School Night 2
    1995: Sacramento, San Jose
    1998: Sacramento
    2001: Bridge School Night 2
    2003: St. Louis, Champaign, Irvine 1, Irvine 2, Chicago, East Troy, Noblesville
    2004: Grand Rapids
    2006: Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Cleveland, Milwaukee 2
    2007: Chicago (The Vic), Chicago (Lolla)
    2009: Chicago 1, Chicago 2
    2010: Noblesville
    2013: Chicago, San Diego
    2014: St. Louis, Milwaukee
    2016: Chicago 1 & 2
    2018: Chicago 1 & 2
    2011: PJ20 1 & 2
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,124
    efroten2 said:
    My friend has 4x tix for Sacrament in his TM account from the initial TIM presale.
    We'd like to upgrade his 4x seats to 3x better seats, which I just found for face value on TM.
    I just tried to purchase the 3x tickets using my TM account and it keeps giving me an invalid payment error, even though I've tried 2x cards that are both valid.
    Are these F2F tickets (red), or "standard" tickets (blue)? You can keep buying additional F2F tickets. But there's a 4 ticket limit on standard tickets. Any purchase of further standard tickets would put you over the limit. Since he already has 4 standard tickets in his account, he can't buy any more. Since you have 2 standard tickets already, you could purchase 2 more. But 3 puts you over the limit.
  • Options
    efroten2efroten2 Chicago Posts: 66
    efroten2 said:
    Are these F2F tickets (red), or "standard" tickets (blue)? You can keep buying additional F2F tickets. But there's a 4 ticket limit on standard tickets. Any purchase of further standard tickets would put you over the limit. Since he already has 4 standard tickets in his account, he can't buy any more. Since you have 2 standard tickets already, you could purchase 2 more. But 3 puts you over the limit.
    Standard tickets, makes total sense other than the "payment not valid" msg, it would be nice it the msg was clear.
    We were going to post the f2f seats on f2f after I got the better seats, but I guess not now.
    1994: Bridge School Night 2
    1995: Sacramento, San Jose
    1998: Sacramento
    2001: Bridge School Night 2
    2003: St. Louis, Champaign, Irvine 1, Irvine 2, Chicago, East Troy, Noblesville
    2004: Grand Rapids
    2006: Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Cleveland, Milwaukee 2
    2007: Chicago (The Vic), Chicago (Lolla)
    2009: Chicago 1, Chicago 2
    2010: Noblesville
    2013: Chicago, San Diego
    2014: St. Louis, Milwaukee
    2016: Chicago 1 & 2
    2018: Chicago 1 & 2
    2011: PJ20 1 & 2
  • Options
    U2SJU2SJ Posts: 62
    Just listed my 10c tix for Portland on fan to fan...
    Sec 116 • Row F, Seats 1-2
  • Options
    thirdbeachthirdbeach Posts: 58
    Couple of dumb questions from a mobile device ticket newbie.  I have 4 tickets to the first Vancouver show.  My wife and I are using 2 and I am trying to sell the other 2.  I don't have a bank account in Canada so this will have to happen in person with the buyer walking in with us.  How do they get to their seats if the tickets are on my wife's phone?  If my wife goes to the bathroom, does she have to take my phone to get back to our seat?  Really miss physical tickets.....
  • Options
    Couple of dumb questions from a mobile device ticket newbie.  I have 4 tickets to the first Vancouver show.  My wife and I are using 2 and I am trying to sell the other 2.  I don't have a bank account in Canada so this will have to happen in person with the buyer walking in with us.  How do they get to their seats if the tickets are on my wife's phone?  If my wife goes to the bathroom, does she have to take my phone to get back to our seat?  Really miss physical tickets.....
    I keep hearing about setting up a WISE account for a Canadian bank account. 
    2011: Vancouver
    2013: LA 1 & LA 2, Vancouver
    2018: Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
    2022: LA 1 & LA 2
    2024: Vancouver 1 & Vancouver 2, Portland, Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
  • Options
    thirdbeachthirdbeach Posts: 58
    I keep hearing about setting up a WISE account for a Canadian bank account. 
    Thanks - I'll look into that.  I was really hoping to avoid wasting even more time setting up another account that I don't really want.  Still waiting for someone to explain how this system is better that physical tickets.  From friends experience going to the Sphere, bots etc. can re-sell the same ticket multiple times.  I get that the printout tickets could be printed multiple times but replicating the old school ticketmaster tickets would be very difficult.  Hopefully the show is good because this whole experience so far has been terrible.

• Options
    EL91640EL91640 Posts: 71
    I'm sure this has been posed already, but can't find it in the thread - is the consensus that this tour is it for Dark Matter or do you think there will be additional 2025 dates in the US? Trying to decide if I pick up another show or two this tour or hold out hope they will be playing closer to home soon and be content with the show I have in Vegas.  
  • Options
    KlesnerkKlesnerk Eagle, CO Posts: 4
    Dublin Marley park still has Golden Circle tickets for face. Wow, already have mine locked but was quite surprised!
    Lollapalooza Sep 8, '92 Phx AZ, Mesa Amphitheater Nov 7, 1993, Red Rocks Morrison, CO 1 June 19 1995, many others.....
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 625
    EL91640 said:
    I'm sure this has been posed already, but can't find it in the thread - is the consensus that this tour is it for Dark Matter or do you think there will be additional 2025 dates in the US? Trying to decide if I pick up another show or two this tour or hold out hope they will be playing closer to home soon and be content with the show I have in Vegas.  
    I would guess South America and maybe a short US run in 2025, but I have no inside info
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,601
    PHEW! I was so worried my Floor row 21 single for Vancouver N2 wouldn't sell on TM, given how many minimal priced tix are now available. I am so relieved that someone for some reason thought my ticket was worth buying even though there are plenty of better tickets for the same price, lol. Only 2 more weeks until these shows... could be weird to be at N2... I think they will HAVE to play 1/2 Full, which would be awesome, haha.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    HaijayHaijay Posts: 328
    PJ_Soul said:
    PHEW! I was so worried my Floor row 21 single for Vancouver N2 wouldn't sell on TM, given how many minimal priced tix are now available. I am so relieved that someone for some reason thought my ticket was worth buying even though there are plenty of better tickets for the same price, lol. Only 2 more weeks until these shows... could be weird to be at N2... I think they will HAVE to play 1/2 Full, which would be awesome, haha.
    Naaaaaa, even if they have to move 800 people from the top to the bottom, it’ll still be full or very close. This is NOT about demand, this is on TM for pulling their usual bs and screwing over not only the fans, but the band. The mgmt should be PISSED about this😡😡😡
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,601
    Haijay said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Naaaaaa, even if they have to move 800 people from the top to the bottom, it’ll still be full or very close. This is NOT about demand, this is on TM for pulling their usual bs and screwing over not only the fans, but the band. The mgmt should be PISSED about this😡😡😡

I mean, an empty upper deck and still empty, lol. The problem is 100% ticket prices, no matter whose fault it is. PJ decided to allow those outrageous dynamically priced premium tickets that drove away all the casual fans back during the initial sale, so it's not all TM's fault. PJ absolutely could have prevented that from happening... their excuse is that they did it to leverage more 10C seats... but most 10C seats suck!! Now the band is suffering the consequences of their own decisions when they agreed to certain terms with TM for this tour. Yeah, TM sucks, but this is not simply TM screwing over the band.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    HaijayHaijay Posts: 328
    TM made everyone register for the sale, and told us that more people signed up than there were tickets available. I know people that didnt get the code to join the sale for either night. Day of sale, both shows “sell out” and tons of premium were sold because of fomo. Then, three weeks ago they released over 1000 lower bowl for night 2 and 300 for night 1. Absolutely criminal what they did, and will continue to😡😡  They are dwindling away, two weeks to go. It’s not PJ’S fault they have to agree to the dynamic shit, necessary evil for all artists, unfortunately 
  • Options
    Human TideHuman Tide Posts: 318
    edited April 20
    Post edited by Human Tide on
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Haijay said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I mean, an empty upper deck and still empty, lol. The problem is 100% ticket prices, no matter whose fault it is. PJ decided to allow those outrageous dynamically priced premium tickets that drove away all the casual fans back during the initial sale, so it's not all TM's fault. PJ absolutely could have prevented that from happening... their excuse is that they did it to leverage more 10C seats... but most 10C seats suck!! Now the band is suffering the consequences of their own decisions when they agreed to certain terms with TM for this tour. Yeah, TM sucks, but this is not simply TM screwing over the band.
    I couldn't agree more. This is exactly what's happened.
    The ridiculous pricing as well as holding back pretty much all of the lower bowl at the very beginning of the initial sale drove away all the casual fans who probably would've bought tickets. Now they've moved on and I don't believe they're just sitting around waiting for the tickets prices to come down. I have a decent 10c number and I've sold both nights of my 10c tickets on the floor because I can so easily buy better tickets in the wings now.
    " Things were different then, all is different now "

Seattle 09-16-96, Vancouver 07-19-98, Seattle 11-05-00, Seattle 12-09-02, Vancouver 05-30-03, Vancouver 09-02-05, Gorge 07-23-06, Seattle 09-21-09, Seattle 09-22-09, Vancouver 09-25-09
  • Options
    craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,177
    edited April 20
    If they just did tier prices. if you take standard arena capacity with no rear seating. 15000 seats. x 150 ( Before Fees) $2.25 mil, Gross Gate,.. Now take GA 1000 x 250 EA .. $250K, Lower Wings, close floor 1000 Seats x $250 EA , 250K, Rest of the lower Bowl 6000 Seats x 200 ea -$1.2Mil, upper bowl 7000, 100 ea - $700K,...  that would be $ 2.4 Mil Gross gate.... I would pay a little more for GA or Close wings,  with out dealing with all the BS... 
    Post edited by craigraether on
  • Options
    mjf14omjf14o Posts: 1
    edited April 21
    How are tickets posted on Gametime and Stubhub if tickets are non transferable?  I’m so pissed, had a fan exchange floor seat in my que and someone snatched it.  Now showing on 3rd party sites for 3x the price.
    Post edited by mjf14o on
  • Options
    KJ228171KJ228171 Posts: 21
    edited April 21
    mjf14o said:
    How are tickets posted on Gametime and Stubhub if tickets are non transferable?  I’m so pissed, had a fan exchange floor seat in my que and someone snatched it.  Now showing on 3rd party sites for 3x the price. 

Non transferable is the biggest myth in the ticketing industry. It's a half-hearted attempt at best. There are workarounds.

It's called "eTicket URL transferless transfer"

Link sent to email for a website where the tickets are hosted. It will never hit your Ticketmaster account. The whole "non-transferable" thing only punishes people that follow the rules and the intent of the artist. It's performative. Biggest risk is that a seller double or triple sells a ticket. Then it's the first to use that gets in and the others are SOL. It's not a big problem but it does exist. There is just too much money for brokers not to find a way. I kind of wish we could go back to paper non home printed tickets. Scalping was still a thing but not nearly on this scale. Now you have people thousands of miles away getting in on it.

GA Tickets for U2 at the Sphere where called "non transferable" but they where.

Most recently Hozier has the same setup as Pearl Jam with "non transferable" Fan2Fan resales. Tour kicked off last time and guess what? All the StubHub, Vivid, Gametime, Seat Geek tickets all worked by URL to website.

Brokers even rent access to TM accounts with the purchased tickets to get around it.

Post edited by KJ228171 on
  • Options
    kramerica4kramerica4 Posts: 250
    Wow - there is a massive amount of tickets still unsold for the Vancouver shows (night 2 looks horrible).
    TM fucked this one up big time.