Options

Wma ???

porsche007porsche007 Posts: 40
edited June 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
How good a song is WMA and how can i buy it ???? I dont want to download it unless this is okay with people on here.
"Want you , In My, Rearviewmirror........."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    porsche007 wrote:
    How good a song is WMA and how can i buy it ???? I dont want to download it unless this is okay with people on here.
    it's a great song live- it's a must.

Go to the goods section and when one of the shows that they played it at are up, buy it.

I know they played it at 2 of my 3 shows:

Bonnaroo and Columbia

I believe that Roo was the first time they played the song in full- pretty sweet!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Excellent rendition at MSG I
    <a href="http://www.shawnsmithsinger.com">Shawn Smith</a> / <a href="http://www.thebandbrad.com">Brad</a&gt; / <a href="http://www.allhailthecrown.com">All Hail the Crown</a> / <a href="http://www.satchelpartnership.com">Satchel</a&gt;

(Shawn Smith's official website, but not Thee Shawn Smith)
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    if you like the acoustic version of Wonderwall by Oasis you will love the newer version of WMA
  • Options
    MikeSigMikeSig Posts: 74
    thunderDAN wrote:
    if you like the acoustic version of Wonderwall by Oasis you will love the newer version of WMA

LOL, I actually though they were covering Wonderwall for a second last night during the intro chords.
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    I LOVE the new W.M.A. They should record it and release it as a B-Side for a single from their next record.

And about the Wonderwall thing, as far as I'm concerned Pearl Jam has done much greater things with that chord progression so far than Oasis ever has.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    MattyJoe wrote:
    And about the Wonderwall thing, as far as I'm concerned Pearl Jam has done much greater things with that chord progression so far than Oasis ever has.

I agree, but there is no doubt that it sounds exactly like Oasis
  • Options
    Laura in NJLaura in NJ Posts: 176
    The classic version is on the Fox Theater show from Atlanta on April 3, 1994. Find it. It was a radio broadcast so it's usually very high quality, and bonus, Doug Pinnick from King's X helped out on the vocals and drummer Jerry Gaskill stepped in. EV said it was the first time they'd ever played it live, "or maybe one other time."

Here's a link that will help you find it; I have this 3-CD set and it kicks. Scroll down to the "Alternate versions" and "Dissident Live in Atlanta" sections.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissident_(song)
    Laura in NJ
    4-17-1994 Paramount Theater, NYC
    6-20-1995 Red Rocks (Sponsored By No One tour)
    6-23-1998 Fiddler’s Green, CO
    7-09-2003 MSG NYC
    9-28-2004 Fleet Center, Boston (Vote For Change warmup)
    6-01-2006 & 6-03-2006 E. Rutherford, NJ
    6-25-2008 MSG NYC * 7-07-2008 EV NJPAC
  • Options
    The classic version is on the Fox Theater show from Atlanta on April 3, 1994. Find it. It was a radio broadcast so it's usually very high quality, and bonus, Doug Pinnick from King's X helped out on the vocals and drummer Jerry Gaskill stepped in. EV said it was the first time they'd ever played it live, "or maybe one other time."

Here's a link that will help you find it; I have this 3-CD set and it kicks. Scroll down to the "Alternate versions" and "Dissident Live in Atlanta" sections.

anyway I could get a link to the entire show?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    LukinFan wrote:

I dunno...maybe try one of those bittorrent sites like http://www.dimeadozen.org or http://bt.etree.org ?
    Laura in NJ
    7-09-2003 MSG NYC
  • Options
    jxchambjxchamb Posts: 55
    I remember I was in High School when VS came out and for months and months I listened to WMA every morning. It's an awesome song and what they've done to it this tour is nothing short of spectacular. It never fails to amaze me what these guys can do to an already awesome song. Kinda like the way they revamped the intro to Porch all those years ago.
  • Options
    scw156scw156 Posts: 442
    MikeSig wrote:
    LOL, I actually though they were covering Wonderwall for a second last night during the intro chords.

thats how it was at Camden 2 i think. i was like... wonderwall? then WMA came blasting out. it was awesome
    The Sentence Below Is True
    The Sentence Above Is False
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:

Try gremmie.net, you can download the whole show there
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585

That night was the first time I ever heard this song live... and I still can't believe it was 14 years til I heard it again last Friday... it makes me feel old! :o
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Its a great song. Just wondering, what kind of Porsche do you have? I have a 944.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:

Roger, go here. This is My3rdEye's blog.

http://inthepresenttense94.blogspot.com/

Scroll down, it's in FLAC and mp3.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    scw156 wrote:
    thats how it was at Camden 2 i think. i was like... wonderwall? then WMA came blasting out. it was awesome

man I mentioned this Wonderwall similarity last night in the MSG2 setlist thread and you would have thought I just admitted I supported terrorism or something. God everyone let me have it
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    thunderDAN wrote:
    man I mentioned this Wonderwall similarity last night in the MSG2 setlist thread and you would have thought I just admitted I supported terrorism or something. God everyone let me have it

Don't look at me ... All I said was that I don't hear it ...
    :)
  • Options
    thunderDAN wrote:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    Don't look at me ... All I said was that I don't hear it ...

haha. I used to be a big Oasis fan (still kinda like them) so maybe I have an ear for that song or something. If you listen to last night's version of WMA on Spin's blog you can't hear it, but if you listen to the version posted on MSG1 (which is still available on spin just keep clicking the arrows to the left) it will jump right out at you.
  • Options
    No way! Oasis kicks ass. I'm in their fan club too and get similar seats @ the Garden on the rare occasion they play here.

thunderDAN wrote:
    Laura in NJ
    7-09-2003 MSG NYC
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    is it just me or was MSG2's version of WMA played a bit faster than night 1 and all the others on the tour?
  • Options
    itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    i like the new reworked version, wonderwall or not. like the reworked in my tree, it's not that it's ever going to be better than the original, but it's great to be getting it on stage now

are there any vids up of it from MSG yet with the backup singers?
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options
    itsevobaby wrote:
    i like the new reworked version, wonderwall or not. like the reworked in my tree, it's not that it's ever going to be better than the original, but it's great to be getting it on stage now

It's still awesome, I just mentioned it sounded like Wonderwall...that isn't a slam in the least bit