• Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,506
    Remember Lunkin? Hehe
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,480
    CROJAM95 said:
    its funny how all these sites except one or two list the 1st track as " SACRED OF FEAR"

copy n paste world we live in

maybe it is Sacred of fear/ not scared 

The CD-Text on Lightning Bolt still reads the first track as GETWAWAY
  • Options
    TL56865TL56865 Posts: 23
    Hey Audiophiles!   
    Would it be worth buying the Deluxe CD with HD Audio if the blu-ray disc is played via a Playstation with HDMI output into a 7.1 surround system? (It's in Onkyo receiver, but an older model, does not have Atmos compatibility.)
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,933
    TL56865 said:
    Hey Audiophiles!   
    Would it be worth buying the Deluxe CD with HD Audio if the blu-ray disc is played via a Playstation with HDMI output into a 7.1 surround system? (It's in Onkyo receiver, but an older model, does not have Atmos compatibility.)

IMO, yes. 
  • Options
    dobybluedobyblue Posts: 63
    TL56865 said:
    Hey Audiophiles!   

Absolutely, Dolby Atmos is backward compatible so as long as the model supports Dolby TrueHD, your surround system will play the TrueHD bed which is likely 7.1 and fully dynamic (in other words, sounding far superior to the stereo vinyl/DD/CD options)
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,933
    Selling on eBay i see ..

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Excited more for this than the vinyl.  

7.1.4 Atmos system at home.  When Atmos is done with care it's incredible and adds so much to the music.  
  • Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 825
    Nice. Was worried the deluxe version wouldn't be in that book format. Love that about the 10C albums since Avocado. Wish the earlier albums would be reissued by the 10C like that.
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,470
    Well, you guys talk to me into prepping my system for the Blu-ray. Can't wait for Friday
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Options
    Do we think the blu ray will have the visualizers?  That would be great. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Vedd Hedd said:
    It does.  
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd said:
    It does.  
    Perfect. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    marumarukomarumaruko Frankfurt / Calgary Posts: 90
    edited April 17
    Yesterday I learned that my Sonos Beam is the old gen and therefore can't support Dolby Atmos, looking forward to Friday nonetheless. Might upgrade later this year and will have something to look forward to then
    Post edited by marumaruko on
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    Already have a digital preorder through Amazon, but going to pop into Newbury Comics anyway on Friday. Having my own CD to rip is always fun. Curious what they'll have.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    kramerica4kramerica4 Posts: 252
    JimmyV said:
    Already have a digital preorder through Amazon, but going to pop into Newbury Comics anyway on Friday. Having my own CD to rip is always fun. Curious what they'll have.
    That's the spirit!
  • Options
    dobybluedobyblue Posts: 63
    Excited more for this than the vinyl.  

7.1.4 Atmos system at home.  When Atmos is done with care it's incredible and adds so much to the music.  

And even when it isn't a good surround mix, you're still getting a fully dynamic mastering of the material from which you can create a stereo mix for regular playback...while the vinyl will be the same aggressive loudness wars victim that the 24/96 download is.