Options

Wildlife Around Your Home (post pics if you've got 'em!)

1323334353638»

Comments

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,836
    Cute!
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,006
    Spunkie said:

This is a beautiful picture 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,580
    edited April 18
    Grizzly hanging by my parking spot on the hill.good thing skiing closed last week!

Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    Whaaa. Oooh. Neat-0
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,867
    Spunkie said:

wait. there are still canada geese left in canada? I thought they all migrated here........

in fact there is a nesting goose in winter shorn ornamental grass in a "flower bed" island that seperates the truck entrance driveway and employee parking lot in front of my terminal. mama has 6 eggs last we looked" we put of safety/snow fencing to block that side of the bed. will take a pic when I am back to work next week.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    ^Thanks M

Luv that u all protected her 💓 
  • Options
    Spunkie said:
    ^Thanks M

Luv that u all protected her 💓 

she was none too happy as it went up. we took 3 ft high total garden fencing stakes and got them pounded in while she honked a storm. then that fencing was folded over to make it two ft high barrier.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,757
    PJ_Soul said:
    I have lived here for 22+ years, and this is the very first time I have ever seen a rabbit outside my building or anywhere in the neighborhood! Quite exciting, lol.

That IS exciting!  Great photo!
    I just love rabbits!  We get the big eared jack rabbits now and then, and once in a long while, the smaller bunny rabbit types (sorry for all the technical jargon, lol).  That's another good reason why our Annie is an indoor kitty!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    soph189soph189 Posts: 62
    PJ_Soul said:
    I have lived here for 22+ years, and this is the very first time I have ever seen a rabbit outside my building or anywhere in the neighborhood! Quite exciting, lol.

Aww very cute 
  • Options
    sooooo a squirrel has discovered he likes the friskies cat food I put out. And Butch doesn't seem to care as long as tuna is present....

• Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,921
    The new neighbour is kinda rude.  Didn’t even check with us to see if it could sit on the truck.

I’ve named her Penny the Peahen.  Not sure how long she’ll be hanging around the neighbourhood. It’s unusual to see Peafowl in our area, but apparently the populations are thriving so they’ve been spreading out.  

The neighbours house this morning.

"What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    The new neighbour is kinda rude.  Didn’t even check with us to see if it could sit on the truck.

I’ve named her Penny the Peahen.  Not sure how long she’ll be hanging around the neighbourhood. It’s unusual to see Peafowl in our area, but apparently the populations are thriving so they’ve been spreading out.  

No bird poop on the hood, I hope!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    edited April 25
    @5th, Your truck birdy Pretty Penny made me think of these lazy little fuckers who caught a ride rather than swim,...

So odd, mostly just this one couple this year on the lake.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,582

Wtf? You live in Vancouver, don't you?? I have never seen one of these here! I'd be amazed if I did!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    brianlux said:

No bird poop on the hood, I hope!
    Washed it off.

Spunkie said:
    @5th, Your truck birdy Pretty Penny made me think of these lazy little fuckers who caught a ride rather than swim,...

So odd, mostly just this one couple this year on the lake.
    Lol. Work smarter, not harder! They’re a cute couple though.  

PJ_Soul said:

Wtf? You live in Vancouver, don't you?? I have never seen one of these here! I'd be amazed if I did!
    Nope, Victoria.  Apparently they’ve been here so long now that they’re considered domestic fowl.  They were brought over by those crazy Victorians in the 1880s-1890s🙄
  • Options
    soph189soph189 Posts: 62

Wow! Very cool 
  • Options

Wasn't sure if that was a bear or cougar cub! That marmot ended today's nature jaunt.
  • Options
    ^^^ so cool that you saw a marmot.  Did you think it was the cub at first, or was there an additional critter that you encountered?
  • Options
    What a beautiful area. Nice.
  • Options
    I thought it was a squirrel at first from far away. Then my imagination kicked in and I got the hell out there. Beautiful high pitched chirping voice it had.
  • Options
    This morning, our next door neighbor showed us a photo of a bobcat that was walking close by at the back of their house.  I've never seen one here but will be on the lookout.  Sorry I don't have a copy of the photo, but it looks beautiful!

• Options

• Options
    thread integrity. A painted lady butterfly. Planted some host plants years ago and they keep coming back to lay their eggs on it. Always amazed how they find a specific plant out of billions. 

• Options
    Loujoe said:
    thread integrity. A painted lady butterfly. Planted some host plants years ago and they keep coming back to lay their eggs on it. Always amazed how they find a specific plant out of billions. 

Nice!

And now, for some more thread disintegrity:

• Options
    Speaking of wildlife (yes I have seen a few of these, but no, not in my own backyard, lol) I am always simply amazed by mountain goat's abilities to walk/climb on steep cliffs.  I saw some wild goats climbing steep cliffs near Jenner, California once and it was amazing!  
    Here's a brief video from National Geographic showing what these amazing animals can do:

• Options
    wild jungle cat

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,921
    mickeyrat said:
    wild jungle cat

Looks like this cat has seen some things.