Options

Parking at Hartford

coachkeczcoachkecz Posts: 27
edited June 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
I've heard that parking at the Dodge is, shall we say, a bit dodgy. The main lot is supposedly small and supplemented with satellite lots. I've also heard the surrounding is not your typical pastoral amphitheater area. Can someone familiar with the venue provide some tips/hints about parking options that won't keep us penned in for 45 minutes after the show, will provide easy highway access and not require us to walk through an ultra-sketchy neighborhood (a la Camden)?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    marjenmarjen CT Posts: 804
    The main St there is Weston St. About a 1/4 to 1/2 mile from stadium there are a bunch of lots of stores that open up for parking. That is usually where we end up parking. It makes it easier to get out as you end up closer to high way. While not the best area its not that bad, especially after the show as there will be thousands of concert goers walking back to their cars.
  • Options
    opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,098
    Last time we got there on the late side and ended up parking in the back of a car dealership a few blocks away.
    I think your best bet would be to look somewhere a few blocks away, at least thats what we're doing.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options
    teddy08teddy08 Posts: 7
    Parking for the Dodge is free... except that it will take you 2 hours to get out of the free lot... You'll see many little lots around, charging whatever they want. It will be a little hike, but definately worth the hassle of the free lots.
  • Options
    pjinlovepjinlove Posts: 17
    Not so much parking related, but are there any decent eateries around there?
    Va Beach, 2000; Jones Beach Night 3 2000; Saratoga Springs 2000; Albany 2003; Reading (VFC) 2004; Albany 2006; Boston 2 2006 (one of the best nights of my life); East Rutherford 2 2006
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    Is it possible to walk there from downtown?
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    GONEGONEGONEGONE Posts: 20
    I went to two shows at the dodge a week ago....If you don't mind paying 20 bucks you can park in a smaller lot, tailgate there and get out a little sooner. I've done this and it was worth it. Across from the post office there is a lot and next door top that as well. Not sure what time those lots open. Getting off Jennings road sucks after 4:00 or around that time....But if you get off the downtown exit they WILL MAKE YOU PARK in this gigantic lot and wou WILL NOT get out of there in a timely fashion......ENJOY THE SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ed Montreal 1!
    Ed NY 2!
    Hartford 08!!
    MSG 2 08!!
    MSG 1 08!!
    Lollapalooza 07!!!!!!!!
    E. Rutherford 06
    E. Rutherford 06
    Camden 2 06
    Hartford 06
    Albany 06
    Philly 05
    Montreal 05
    Boston 04
    Holmdel 03
    Mansfield 3 03
    MSG 1 03
    Albany 03
    Philly 03
    Jones Beach 2 00
    Hartford 98
    Hartford 96
  • Options
    philp3philp3 Posts: 17
    GONEGONE wrote:
    I went to two shows at the dodge a week ago....If you don't mind paying 20 bucks you can park in a smaller lot, tailgate there and get out a little sooner. I've done this and it was worth it. Across from the post office there is a lot and next door top that as well. Not sure what time those lots open. Getting off Jennings road sucks after 4:00 or around that time....But if you get off the downtown exit they WILL MAKE YOU PARK in this gigantic lot and wou WILL NOT get out of there in a timely fashion......ENJOY THE SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So are you saying to get off at the Jennings road exit and not the downtown exit. This thread has convinced me to pay to park in one of the smaller lots.

Now I just want to avoid getting caught in one of those exits were you basically get herded into the venues parking lot.

If anyone can give the best exit to take to avoid the Dodge center parking lots it would be greatly appreciated.

Plus if there's a business that you can reccomend in particular I can plug it into my GPS.
    2000: Mansfield II (You had me at Release)
    2003: Mansfield I
    2004: Boston II
    2008: Hartford, Mansfield II
  • Options
    teddy08teddy08 Posts: 7
    Found this info on tripadvisor:

Location and Parking at the Dodge Music Center: The center is located in Hartford's North Meadows which is right down the road from downtown. The area around the Meadows is an industrial area also filled with many car dealerships, with this in mind there are designated parking areas and during big concerts some businesses open up there lots...don't park in lots that are not open. The Dodge Music Center free parking lots are at the CT Expo Center, behind the CT Expo Center (via New Road), across from the CT Expo Center (via New Road) and at the Market Pequot Lot which is off of Weston Street. The Morgan Street Garage (Downtown) is used for near sell out and sold out events at which point there are shuttles to the theater. Lastly there is Premier parking in the center's main lot off of Savitt Way