Options

Hartford!!!!!

brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
edited June 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
so i'm 3 days late...whatever.

anyway, this is easily the best show i have been to...yes, it rates higher than either Gorge show for me. and it has very little to do with the setlist.

all the circumstances surrounding it!!! wow!!! first, not thinking i was going to be able to make it up until the night before. driving 11 hours on friday and getting to the hotel at 7pm...slamming some beers at a bar...walking 2 blocks and hitting up the shuttle where we met some fellow ten club members who were awesome! getting there and realizing that the 10C line was a mile long...which actually wasn't so bad until we got a couple hundred feet from the window and for some reason everyone thought they didn't have to go to the back of the line like everyone else. we did a good job of pointing a lot of the idiots in the right direction but eventually the mass stupidity was just to much.

anyway, missing the first 6 songs really sucked!!! but the energy at this show quickly made me forget about everything else. seriously, the crowd was awesome and the band no doubt fed off of that. i really thought they were going to play over curfew...but the extremely short breaks allowed them to keep rockin. Ed kept the speeches to a minimum as it seemed he and the band were on a mission.

11 hours later we were back on the road home still buzzing from the show.

after bonnaroo i said that it wasn't that big of a deal that i was going to miss the hartford show...i had seen them already and the show was ok and maybe i was ok with not seeing them again for awhile...well, this show has done wonders.

thank you Pearl Jam and thank you to the smart, thoughtful, considerate, well-mannered, open-minded, appreciative fans that make these type of shows ones to remember also.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    I just love that everybody was saying this was going to be a crappy concert - just a "filler" concert before MSG and Mansfield, they said - and it turned out to be the best concert they've played this year.

Honestly, it was amazing. I just feel bad for all those waiting in line for their tickets...glad I bought and printed out my tickets online.
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    I love that Hartford did turn out to be the sleeper show of the tour. And for me, it was better than the last two PJ shows I've seen, hands down!! :)
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    I watched half of the show from my seat and then the other half from the lawn. Great crowd and what a killer show. They played Smile and so many more. :)
  • Options
    3inputchick3inputchick Posts: 845
    YAY!
    we were a great crowd!
    A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    yes, this was definitly the best PJ show I have been too, absolutly killer set.

it was so bloody hot, and I had a good amount of adult beverages so that added to my enjoyment.

but it was all about them kicking the shit out of:
    Last Exit
    Brain of J
    Sad
    In Hiding
    Not For You
    Immortality
    Smile

I can't believe they played these songs in 1 show that I went to. Was so glad I made the 10 hour drive to Hartford
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    smarchee wrote:
    yes, this was definitly the best PJ show I have been too, absolutly killer set.

it was so bloody hot, and I had a good amount of adult beverages so that added to my enjoyment.

but it was all about them kicking the shit out of:
    Last Exit
    Brain of J
    Sad
    In Hiding
    Not For You
    Immortality
    Smile

I can't believe they played these songs in 1 show that I went to. Was so glad I made the 10 hour drive to Hartford

apart from the actual city of Hartford PJ kicked ass Friday night... again add Big Wave, Blood, Can't Keep and Breakerfall to that list and you have quite a show on your hands.

I wouldn't say it was better than the Gorge but it was close.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Other than the lame ass parking situation

I have no problems with the venue-once inside it feels the same as camden or great woods.

and hartford was an awesome show no if ands or buts about it.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,897
    Zoso wrote:
    apart from the actual city of Hartford PJ kicked ass Friday night... again add Big Wave, Blood, Can't Keep and Breakerfall to that list and you have quite a show on your hands.

I wouldn't say it was better than the Gorge but it was close.

I'd say it was better than Gorge night 2- wasn't at night 1.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17