Options

Mansfield Show on Saturday, pre party??

EddieNJEddieNJ Posts: 23
edited June 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
I will be making my way up to Mansfield on Saturday to the show. I've never been at this venue and had a couple questions.

Can you tailgate? Are you able to drink in the parking lot?
Does anyone know of any pre show party at any bars near by?

I will be up there around 2pm with a good friend of mine and we are looking for some pre show partying. Can anyone help me out???
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    crowpoint01crowpoint01 Posts: 209
    Yes, you can tailgate there both before; a blast! and after; its really hard to get out of the parking lot, so save some drinks for after the show. Honestly, if you dont run to your car at the last song or before you could be sitting in your car for an hour plus going nowhere to get out. We usually hang after the show for a while and not spend time wasting gas in a line of cars to get out. However, there is security driving aroung constantly on their little golf carts , so make sure you are drinking out of a cup only and be sure if you are drinking that everyone is of age and has an ID with them because if one person doesnt they can and will confiscate it all. Not sure about the official Pre-parties this time, but there is not much to do in Mansfield otherwise.
    PS- The parking lot will not open until 2:30.
    Hope you have a great time.
    4/11/94 Boston Garden 9/26/96 Augusta Maine
    8/20/98 Montreal 9/15 & 9/16/98 Great Woods 11/6/98 Karma Club 8/29 & 8/30/00 Tweeter Center
    6/6/03 Vegas 7/2 & 7/11/03 Tweeter Center
    9/28/04 Fleet Center 5/24 & 5/25/06 Boston Garden
    6/28 & 6/30/08 Mansfield
    8/1 & 8/2/08 EV Opera House
    5/17/10 Boston
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Is the pay VIP parking worth it? We have to leave early early the next morning (we need to be on the road by 6am Sunday to get my daughter to her summer camp), and have secured a cheaper hotel so we can pay for VIP parking if it is worth it.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=283153&highlight=mansfield+preparty

Here is a link to the Wishlist pre-party. They are a lot of fun to attend and meet PJ fans. It is a guaranteed good time!! ;)
  • Options
    crowpoint01crowpoint01 Posts: 209
    You can park just outside the venue (about 5-10 minute walk) if you want to get out fast, I would highly suggest it! Also great for carpoolers....Have never tried the VIP parking but it puts you right by the front gate.
    4/11/94 Boston Garden 9/26/96 Augusta Maine
    8/20/98 Montreal 9/15 & 9/16/98 Great Woods 11/6/98 Karma Club 8/29 & 8/30/00 Tweeter Center
    6/6/03 Vegas 7/2 & 7/11/03 Tweeter Center
    9/28/04 Fleet Center 5/24 & 5/25/06 Boston Garden
    6/28 & 6/30/08 Mansfield
    8/1 & 8/2/08 EV Opera House
    5/17/10 Boston
  • Options
    I_Got_ShitI_Got_Shit Posts: 325
    I would be very careful about drinking before the show, even if everyone is over 21 (it's still illegal to drink in public, and security guards live very unfulfilling lives, so they like to fuck with happy people). Put everything in cups and don't act too rowdy.

The VIP parking will save you at least an hour in getting back after the show. If you park in the regular lot the tradition after the show is to sit on top of the car and finish your beers, maybe throw back a couple Italian sausages and sing PJ songs at the top of your lungs just to try to make the post-show high last as long as possible.
    *Does not include encore of Garden and Leash.
  • Options
    PlaLEashPlaLEash Posts: 75
    Been to the venue many times. From what i hear they are a getting stricter with the drinking in the parking lot. I am unconcerned as I have heard this every year. Make sure you drink from a cup i would even make it a water bottle or something you cant see through. I have always just put the drink down when the golf carts go by. Ive never had a problem there, they are really looking for those who look very intoxicated and trouble makers. As long as your just hanging out not being a jerk youll be fine. The parking lot after the show can be just as good a time. Hanging out and finishing off your beers and everyone blasting pj. Its a great venue to just hang at, I plan on being in the lot around 4 to start the festivities. Not sure about vip parking never done it.
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I_Got_Shit wrote:

The VIP parking will save you at least an hour in getting back after the show. If you park in the regular lot the tradition after the show is to sit on top of the car and finish your beers, maybe throw back a couple Italian sausages and sing PJ songs at the top of your lungs just to try to make the post-show high last as long as possible.

If we weren't in a hurry that would be fun! I think I'll either try the VIP or the parking right outside the venue. And hour earlier back means an hour more of sleep before we wake up at 5:30am :eek:

My husband said 'why not just leave before the last couple songs' :eek: He's a great guy but not into Pearl Jam.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    EddieNJ wrote:
    I will be making my way up to Mansfield on Saturday to the show. I've never been at this venue and had a couple questions.

Can you tailgate? Are you able to drink in the parking lot?
    Does anyone know of any pre show party at any bars near by?

I will be up there around 2pm with a good friend of mine and we are looking for some pre show partying. Can anyone help me out???

Will be in the parking lot around 5ish with 2 cars full of guys from Hamilton, ON. Hopefully there are some cute PJ girls predrinking. Look for the guy with the Canadian flag. (It's Canada day weekend baby wooooooooo)
    2003: Toronto
    2004: Boston 1
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (1&2)
    2007: LOLLAPALOOZA
    2008: Mansfield (1& 2), EV Toronto
    2009:Toronto
    2010: Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011: EV Detroit, East Troy (1&2), Toronto (1&2) Hamilton
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Detroit
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Brick, are you saying there's a pre-party in your pants and I'm invited?
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    EddieNJEddieNJ Posts: 23
    Thanks for the heads up. I'm staying at a hotel a little over a mile away. I'll be in no rush to leave the parking lot as long as there are people hanging out ALL NIGHT!
  • Options
    apparently security has really cracked down this year.
    I'm not sure if this means anything but Great Woods is now the "Comcast Center".

I have heard stories of (21+) people losing their tickets this year...
    (not sure if this is 100% true)

I will still be drinking...

but, I just thought I would throw out the warning for those that have never been to this venue.
    Seek my part, devote myself..
  • Options
    I usually park at the lot right before the entrance for the venue. I think it cost me $25 or $30 to park there last year for a show. Security is cracking down and were real dicks last year. They also made everyone clear the lot and head into the show around 8 o'clock. There were also a bunch of people getting arrested the entire time that we were in the lot. I don't know if they were underage, smoking something, etc. but there were a ton of cops and they were busting people left and right.

Not a good vibe! but I'm not going to let them ruin this show!
  • Options
    cippociappocippociappo Posts: 692
    I know I'm OT....

But I didn't want to open a new thread!!
    I've just been to MSG I/II, and just yesterday I bought tickets for Mansfield I.

I have lawn.... is it good? Can I stand wherever I want or the lawn has areas/seats?? Is it a good view despite the fact that is far from the stage?

Thanks for the infos :-)
    Makes me ache, makes me shake...
    ...is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • Options
    philp3philp3 Posts: 17
    I know I'm OT....

But I didn't want to open a new thread!!
    I've just been to MSG I/II, and just yesterday I bought tickets for Mansfield I.

I have lawn.... is it good? Can I stand wherever I want or the lawn has areas/seats?? Is it a good view despite the fact that is far from the stage?

Thanks for the infos :-)

My first show was lawn seats. The stage is far obviously, but you got a big screen to watch. You can sit / stand where you want.

Either way just rock out and get crunk in the parking lot. The show will take care of itself.
    2000: Mansfield II (You had me at Release)
    2003: Mansfield I
    2004: Boston II
    2008: Hartford, Mansfield II
  • Options
    jam420247jam420247 Posts: 3
    will they open the gift shop after we get our ten club tickets
  • Options
    I_Got_ShitI_Got_Shit Posts: 325
    philp3 wrote:
    My first show was lawn seats. The stage is far obviously, but you got a big screen to watch. You can sit / stand where you want.

Either way just rock out and get crunk in the parking lot. The show will take care of itself.

I don't know if PJ is using the large video screens this tour. I think one of the reviews I read mentioned this, but that could be because of that venue. Can anyone who's been to an amphitheater show confirm this?

The lawn used to be pretty decent at Great Woods, if you got there early and sat right on the wall the view wasn't bad at all. But those fuckers filled in more than half of the lawn with seats (sections 9-15). I guess it makes sense with all the classic rock concerts they have there, all those old farts want to sit down instead of stand.

I have some fond memories of jumping over that wall during Yellow Ledbetter and rushing toward the stage in absolute euphoria.
    *Does not include encore of Garden and Leash.