Options

Ticketmaster

Leo318Leo318 Posts: 4
I am disappointed that PJ is using Ticketmaster for exclusive selling of their tour tickets.  I was just robbed by Ticketmaster for $1162 and don't want to ever use them again.  I bought tickets back in Nov 2023 for an event in Feb 2024. The night of my event, I logged on ticketmaster to get the tickets and they were not there. I called and was told they would have been sent by an unnamed third party back in Nov. They tried to help by having me download another ticket seller's app but the tickets never came available. I never received my tickets and they refused to refund me, stating that they were emailed back in November, sorry. It sounds like the third party email went to my spam file, which deletes every 15 days automatically. Outrageous scam and I can't be the only one this happens to. Anyone else out there have this happen as well? I am shocked that despite Pearl Jam's history with TM, they have decided to embrace them for ticket distribution.
Do you see the way that tree bends? Does it inspire?

Comments

• Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,495
    That sucks. Never had that happen.  I would be pissed. That said, I dont think PJ "embraced" them so much as they are forced to use them if they want to play certain venues.  Its either that or 1996 all over again, in which case, nobody wins. 
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,906
    Why would a third party contact you about the tickets if you bought them through Ticketmaster?  Or are you saying your login was stolen and that third party transferred the tickets out of your account to themselves?  Something doesn't add up.
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | **2024-05-16 Las Vegas** | **2024-05-18 Las Vegas** |
  • Options
    Luckytwn1Luckytwn1 Posts: 499
    Sounds like you bought the tickets from a secondary site if a third party was involved. 

Also, bands don't decide who to use for ticketing. Venues have agreements with ticket sellers. If you play the venue, that ticket seller is responsible for selling the tickets. If Pearl Jam had played T-Mobile Arena in Vegas instead of MGM as one example, the tickets would have been sold by AXS. Obviously the vast majority of venues have deals with Ticketmaster.
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,172
    if you have a leg to stand on, refund shouldnt be an issue

also did you not see tix in there prior to the day of?
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,510
    Something's not right here... did you never get an order confirmation from Ticketmaster? 
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,058
    It sounds like you somehow bought tickets on Stubhub or something like that, and the seller would have transferred tickets to your TM account. But since you never accepted them, and the event has passed, you are trying to get someone to refund you, but Stubhub won't, and apparently, TM won't either, since you did not deal with them directly in the first place. 

This sounds like a you problem and not one of these ticket sites. 
  • Options
    BSullyBSully Indiana Posts: 1,043
    Vedd Hedd said:
    That sucks. Never had that happen.  I would be pissed. That said, I dont think PJ "embraced" them so much as they are forced to use them if they want to play certain venues.  Its either that or 1996 all over again, in which case, nobody wins. 
    Yeah, I'm sure if they had their way, they wouldn't use TM, but yeah, what are they to do?
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,220
    edited March 14
    I don't quite get it.  If you buy tickets on TM they show up in your TM order history right away.  It's only if you buy them elsewhere do they need to be transferred to your TM account.   How did you acquire the tickets?  I doesn't sound like it was from TM directly?

Also, they don't get to pick the ticketing agent.  The industry is crooked, ticketing companies have exclusive rights to specific venues, you can't choose an alernative. TM/Live Nation have exclusive agreements with the majority of venues.

Remember that time Pearl Jam tried to tour without TM in 1995. Using lesser used venues, having to organize staffing and operations themselves.  Even created that venue that Coachella operates from.    They completely burned out, Eddie got sick, and the tour fell apart.

Yah... it's now 30 years worse than that to tour without TM :(

• Options
    StardogChamp79StardogChamp79 Posts: 905
    edited March 14
    The only thing I can think of with this is that Tickets Today is owned by Ticketmaster along with several other name entities that Ticketmaster owns to have more skin in the game. These off shoots make things complicated. Pearl Jam sold tickets last year through Tickets Today but it was through Ticketmaster for the Fan Club only sale etc. Look how many subsidies are under Live Nation/ Ticketmaster https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1335258/000119312512075895/d277780dex211.htm
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022). 
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,956
    I have an idea of what he's talking about.

So there's an upcoming tour with a perfect circle, puscifer, and primus. The show is ticketed through AXS. And that's where you get regular price tickets from.

BUT... they're for resale on ticketmaster, too. Not direct, but resale. And the prices are a little higher because they're set by individual resellers.

Because ticketmaster has basically become StubHub & SeatGeek at this point.

So, you must have bought some resale tickets, didn't download them, and ticketmaster has no way of verifying if you did or not because a third party sent them.
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Options
    edited March 15
    Go Animal said:

So there's an upcoming tour with a perfect circle, puscifer, and primus. The show is ticketed through AXS. And that's where you get regular price tickets from.

BUT... they're for resale on ticketmaster, too. Not direct, but resale. And the prices are a little higher because they're set by individual resellers.

So, you must have bought some resale tickets, didn't download them, and ticketmaster has no way of verifying if you did or not because a third party sent them.

I've never seen that.  TM has it's own reselling portal but it's integrated in the regular onsale page.  It's like PJ's fan2fan portal, except you can set prices, and TM stacks on more fees.  The thing is when you buy tickets on TM's reselling portal, they show up in your transaction history like a regular ticket and function like a regular ticket.

Does TM sell for other platforms, that aren't there own? I've never seen them shill tickets for non TM events? I pulled up the tour you're talking about and you can buy platinum tickets brand new right along with reseller tickets.   I don't think that's TM schilling for another agent?
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,138
    Zod said:
    Go Animal said:

I've never seen that.  TM has it's own reselling portal but it's integrated in the regular onsale page.  It's like PJ's fan2fan portal, except you can set prices, and TM stacks on more fees.  The thing is when you buy tickets on TM's reselling portal, they show up in your transaction history like a regular ticket and function like a regular ticket.

Does TM sell for other platforms, that aren't their own? I've never seen them shill tickets for non TM events? I pulled up the tour you're talking about and you can buy platinum tickets brand new right along with reseller tickets.   I don't think that's TM schilling for another agent?
    Go is correct, there are some larger venues, believe it or not, that are not TM controlled, but TM has the right to sell as a reseller. Until very recently Wells Fargo in Philly was not a TM venue, but could sell resale tickets to events there. Did not happen often.
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,211
    Zod said:
    Go Animal said:

Does TM sell for other platforms, that aren't there own? I've never seen them shill tickets for non TM events? I pulled up the tour you're talking about and you can buy platinum tickets brand new right along with reseller tickets.   I don't think that's TM schilling for another agent?
    Here's an example. At least they include a link to the primary ticket seller (eg AXS, Paciolan) 

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,555
    Clearly resale tickets were bought but not downloaded.
    If an email was sent verifying purchase it must have been missed or ended up in spam where it got deleted.

As a rule once I purchase anything online whether it be tickets, shoes, vinyl LPS, etc if I don't get a confirmation email within a few minutes I reach out to the vendor to make sure the purchase went through and to get a confirmation email.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    If you do not buy tix from the 10C be cautious. Maybe TM is ok but the prices are insane. If you do not win the lottery then wait.
  • Options
    SHZA said:
    Zod said:
    Go Animal said:

Here's an example. At least they include a link to the primary ticket seller (eg AXS, Paciolan) 

Crazy, that's my first time seeing TM sell tickets from a show they weren't running the ticketing for.  That's crazy and kind of scary.
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,401
    Go look on TM for Springsteen tix for San Diego or Vegas, AXS is primary but lots of resales listed on TM. It's not a new thing
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,240
    Zod said:
    SHZA said:
    Zod said:
    Go Animal said:

Crazy, that's my first time seeing TM sell tickets from a show they weren't running the ticketing for.  That's crazy and kind of scary.
    They (TM) sell the Platinum (and PJ Premium) tickets for Fenway shows now. Started either last year or 2022. Rest of tix through Redsox.com. Strange as platinum used to be sold through redsox.com, curious why the change and deal with the devil.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,448
    After ALL(6) of these Pre-Sales, how many tickets are left for the General Sale?

Artist Presale
    Start: Wed 03/20/24 10:00 am EDT
    End: Thu 03/21/24 10:00 pm EDT

Official Platinum Presale

Live Nation Presale
    Start: Wed 03/20/24 12:00 pm EDT

HOB Foundation Room Member Presale

Ticketmaster Presale

Spotify Presale
    Start: Thu 03/21/24 10:00 am EDT

Official Platinum Onsale
    Start: Fri 03/22/24 10:00 am EDT
    End: Sun 07/14/24 10:00 pm EDT

Onsale to General Public
    Fri 03/22/24 10:00 am EDT
  • Options
    edited March 20
    cutz said:
    After ALL(6) of these Pre-Sales, how many tickets are left for the General Sale?

Artist Presale

Official Platinum Presale

Live Nation Presale

HOB Foundation Room Member Presale

Ticketmaster Presale

Spotify Presale
    Start: Thu 03/21/24 10:00 am EDT

Official Platinum Onsale
    Start: Fri 03/22/24 10:00 am EDT
    End: Sun 07/14/24 10:00 pm EDT

Onsale to General Public
    Fri 03/22/24 10:00 am EDT
    Don't forget that TM has long since gotten clever.  Quite often presales are the worst tickets (Sometimes a few gems, but generally not good tickets).  Rather than the old days of selling the best tickets then the worst tickets, now it's how to do we get rid of the worst tickets first, and hold the better ones for more $$. sigh.

Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,961
    Not trying to sound rude, but why would you wait until the day of the event to try and access your tickets?  
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Zod is spot on. My experiences with TM in the last 10 years for any high demand shows have not been good. 
  • Options
    JojoRice said:
    Not trying to sound rude, but why would you wait until the day of the event to try and access your tickets?  
    No idea, I try to download them into my google wallet as soon as I can :)
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,961
    Zod said:
    JojoRice said:
    No idea, I try to download them into my google wallet as soon as I can :)
    Same here!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,852
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,511