Options

will we see "the New Deep" this tour?

lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,004
edited April 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
I recall it was reportd the the band soundchecking a new version of "deep"
much like they went about re-vamping "Garden" (to my delight!..Thanks Matt for adding a SG edge to it)

what's the chances that the New "Deep" will be in some of the first couple of tour dates?

I'm betting high..

and for God's sake.. bring back "new" Jeremy (circa Red rocks 1995)...

I LOVE that version...

someone described it as if the song "Jeremy" was picked up and put into "No Code".. that's how "new" jeremy sounds..
"This here's a REQUEST!"
EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
10/25/13 Hartford
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I thought you were referring to the newsletter...and I was like, "no shit, it's about time"...
  • Options
    locked wrote:
    I recall it was reportd the the band soundchecking a new version of "deep"
    much like they went about re-vamping "Garden" (to my delight!..Thanks Matt for adding a SG edge to it)

what's the chances that the New "Deep" will be in some of the first couple of tour dates?

I'm betting high..

and for God's sake.. bring back "new" Jeremy (circa Red rocks 1995)...

I LOVE that version...

someone described it as if the song "Jeremy" was picked up and put into "No Code".. that's how "new" jeremy sounds..

Revamped Garden is awful. The best versions (the much more subtly revamped ones) were in 2000
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • Options
    Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    Would be amazing to see Deep played regulary.
    What the fuck is this world?
  • Options
    rydbrydb Posts: 9
    ...And maybe we'll see Even Flow go back to it's non-sped up version.
  • Options
    dirty_mikedirty_mike Posts: 131
    Id like to hear more stuff from No Code, perhaps a new "Who You Are"!! I was lucky enough to catch "Present Tense" in Camden '06.
  • Options
    Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    dirty_mike wrote:
    Id like to hear more stuff from No Code, perhaps a new "Who You Are"!! I was lucky enough to catch "Present Tense" in Camden '06.
    How about the original 'Who You Are'? ;)
    What the fuck is this world?
  • Options
    dserverdserver Posts: 25
    Murderers wrote:
    How about the original 'Who You Are'? ;)

How 'bout the original In My Tree!
    Hartford 06
    Hartford 08
    Hartford 10
  • Options
    MANTISMANTIS Posts: 272
    DEEP...please dont change it though...would be a shame. Been a while since its been played....HERSHEY kicked ass!!

Columbus 00 -- Toronto 00 -- Toronto 03 -- Hershey 03 -- Boston I 04 -- Boston II 04 -- Toledo 04 -- Kitchener 05 -- London 05 -- Hamilton 05 -- Ottawa 05 -- Toronto 05 -- Toronto I 06 -- Toronto II 06 -- Cleveland 06 -- Detroit 06 -- Gorge I 06 -- Gorge II 06 -- Chicago Lolla 07 -- Toronto 09 -- Buffalo 10 -- Hamilton 11 -- Toronto I 11 -- Toronto II 11 -- Buffalo 13 -- London 13 -- Toronto I 16 -- Toronto II 16 -- Ottawa 16 -- Chicago I  18 -- Chicago II 18 -- Hamilton 22 -- Toronto 22

Ed Ved - Toronto I 08--Toronto II 08

• Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    if they do change it i can guarentee you it will be about a minute shorter than the original. the new garden is good, but it ends at like 4 minutes flat, way too short compared to the original.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    if they do change it i can guarentee you it will be about a minute shorter than the original. the new garden is good, but it ends at like 4 minutes flat, way too short compared to the original.
    yeah, that's true, but I absolutely LOVE the first few measures of the new Garden where all you hear is McCready's thumping hook. Give me shivers every time (the good kind of shivers too)
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • Options
    BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    dirty_mike wrote:

Habit is high on my '08 want list
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,933
    there's only been 3 released right?
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    I don't want a new Deep..I want to hear the normal one..just once :o

It's my new mission for this tour :D... might be harder than last year though, from the back of the venue :(