Options

10c seats for vedder shows

mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,960
edited August 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
What 's the seats been like? anybody notice how far back 10c tickets go? we talking 15 rows?

and what's the story with people being randomly picked for the first row?

Thanks!

Mike
I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10 wrote:
    What 's the seats been like? anybody notice how far back 10c tickets go? we talking 15 rows?

and what's the story with people being randomly picked for the first row?

Thanks!

Mike

There is a thread about 10C seats for Boston I here :

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=297185

The 10C seats that I had for Boston 1 (21st row) seemed to be as far back as they went. I got that ticket by trading with another 10C member for my other Saturday 10C ticket. I will admit that I was just a tad disappointed at the time, since I could have gotten better seats off TM. I was still REALLY greatful to 10C.

I was rewarded last night, however, with PITRGT Row CC (6th row) 2 seats off the center aisle! Amazing seats and it was an absolutely jaw dropping, stunning show. I was moved to tears by Ed's dedication to Lindsay.

The story with the front upgrades is that they went around in the balcony and mezz randomly upgrading people. I almost did not believe it except that the way cool gal in the row in front of me (hi jessica!) was upgraded that way for Boston I. She took me down to the front rows last night and asked everyone there and all in the front 2 rows said they had been upgraded.
  • Options
    edvedderrocksedvedderrocks Posts: 1,001
    so most likely those with 10c tickets won't be in the first 2 rows?
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
  • Options
    so most likely those with 10c tickets won't be in the first 2 rows?
    Well, we only asked the people in the Pit Center section, it's possible that the left and right side of the Pit went to 10C members. There was a guy in the 3rd row center who definitely had 10C seats.

The gal who was upgraded to FRC for Boston I, btw, is a 10C member who got shut out of 10C tickets for that show.

The people sitting around me last night were all so cool. Besides my ticket trading partner (morphine), and the girls in front of me, there was also a great couple right next to me who had driven 6 hours from NJ because they got shut out of 10C tickets for all the NY/NJ shows.
  • Options
    jecicajecica Posts: 954
    Well, we only asked the people in the Pit Center section, it's possible that the left and right side of the Pit went to 10C members. There was a guy in the 3rd row center who definitely had 10C seats.

The gal who was upgraded to FRC for Boston I, btw, is a 10C member who got shut out of 10C tickets for that show.

The people sitting around me last night were all so cool. Besides my ticket trading partner (morphine), and the girls in front of me, there was also a great couple right next to me who had driven 6 hours from NJ because they got shut out of 10C tickets for all the NY/NJ shows.

You were quite wonderful yourself (Hi Joyce). I think I could spend hours listening to your Who stories.. I enjoyed everyone around us. Good vibes, same euphoric expressions...

As for the front row upgrade, some guy came over and asked us if we wanted front row. We asked to see some credentials, switched our tickets, gave him the biggest, tightest hug I could and skipped down to the first row. I had TM seats in the Mezz for Friday and ended up having my own private concert(in my mind of course). We asked him why, and he said we looked like a nice couple. Everyone around us on Friday night in the center was given tickets by the event staff. He stated they don't want scalpers to make a fortune so the don't sell the first couple of rows. Instead they make unsuspecting people have the night of their lives. Who ever you are ticket guy, THANKS AGAIN!!!!
    Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.... (Voltaire)
  • Options
    jecica wrote:
    You were quite wonderful yourself (Hi Joyce). I think I could spend hours listening to your Who stories.. I enjoyed everyone around us. Good vibes, same euphoric expressions...

As for the front row upgrade, some guy came over and asked us if we wanted front row. We asked to see some credentials, switched our tickets, gave him the biggest, tightest hug I could and skipped down to the first row. I had TM seats in the Mezz for Friday and ended up having my own private concert(in my mind of course). We asked him why, and he said we looked like a nice couple. Everyone around us on Friday night in the center was given tickets by the event staff. He stated they don't want scalpers to make a fortune so the don't sell the first couple of rows. Instead they make unsuspecting people have the night of their lives. Who ever you are ticket guy, THANKS AGAIN!!!!

Aww, thanks! It's been so great to hear everyones upgrade stories and then find out all of Lindsay's story. We felt like we were all a part of it. Everyone I spoke to afterwards was just so awed by that amazing show last night.

You know, I never DID get to finish that story about running into Ed 5 times when I went to see The Who in Seattle (10/11/06). Besides the bookstore, the show, the hotel elevator and the W bar, the last time was at a merch stand after the Roger Waters show the following night ... one of my Who fan friends said something like "Ed you gotta stop following us around!" It's kinda cute that when I am in those circles, Ed is just considered to be another rabid Who fan, albeit very famous. (Not to me, I was freaking out when the elevator landed!)