April Acevez Cameron, viola
Chris Worswick, cello

Walk In Music: On My Way
Michael Hund talks about EB foundation 8:30
Ed onstage 8:39
Ed offstage

1. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
2. Drifting
3. You've Got To Hide Your Love Away-(Lennon, McCartney)
4. Far Behind
5. Good Woman-(Marshall)
6. Society-(Hannan)
7. Rise
8. Guaranteed
9. Brain Damage-(Waters)
10. Immortality
11. I Won't Back Down-(Lynne, Petty)
12. Better Man
13. Longing To Belong w/ string quartet
14. Just Breathe w/ string quartet
15. The Ship Song-(Cave) w/ string quartet
16. Lukin (fast) w/ string quartet
17. Porch
video presentation and in person with Deanna Molinaro
18. Imagine-(Lennon)
Macklemore brings out a sparkly jacket for Ed.  Macklemore also has a shiny jacket.
19. Open All Night-(Springsteen)
20. Mrs. Mills {Ed plays piano} (Ed solo show debut)
21. Rocking In The Free World-(Young)
22. Hard Sun-(Peterson)

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.
Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates. Thank you!
Thank you, John for the set list & notes.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Awesome Setlist!
    Thanks Sea
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Both shows were solid but I preferred this one.  The run from Society to Immortality was really nice.  Felt like I was in another dimension.  

An additional note for the setlist:  Imagine was at least evidently played in response to a row of fans holding up letters to spell “imagine a cure”.  

Also Ed noted that tonight’s version of won’t back down was played using the guitar Petty gave him, which is rare because he doesn’t let that guitar get shipped on tours.  Being a local show for him he was comfortable to bring it out.  

He also confirmed it was the last show of the year, and he read out a letter he received from the Seattle symphony after last night’s show  inviting him to play with them one day…hmmm.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,968
    Really glad to see Ed solo shows are still a thing. Would loved to have seen these ones but hopefully he’ll be back in Europe some time soon. 
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    On stage at 8:39? Nice! Would have been thrilled to attend this. Ukulele Songs definitely seems like Ed’s Backspacer. Not many songs from it make it to the setlist… 

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,266
    Both shows were solid but I preferred this one.  The run from Society to Immortality was really nice.  Felt like I was in another dimension.  

An additional note for the setlist:  Imagine was at least evidently played in response to a row of fans holding up letters to spell “imagine a cure”.  

Also Ed noted that tonight’s version of won’t back down was played using the guitar Petty gave him, which is rare because he doesn’t let that guitar get shipped on tours.  Being a local show for him he was comfortable to bring it out.  

He also confirmed it was the last show of the year, and he read out a letter he received from the Seattle symphony after last night’s show  inviting him to play with them one day…hmmm.
    Acoustic shows with Ed backed by a symphony orchestra. Count me in!
  • Options
    OneBumKneeOneBumKnee Seattle, WA Posts: 1
    Not to split hairs but it was a cape Macklemore placed on Eddie. A bright, shiny, sparkly cape in the style and colors of Superman but with an EV on the back. According to the story Eddie told, it was from an Arizona fan.
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,579
    How was Mills on the piano? No chance Andrew lent him his similar model?
  • Options
    Love everyone's recaps! The little details about the show and reading the comments make it that much more memorable.

----
    November 5, 1993 - Indio, CA, Polo Fileds
    July 4, 1998 - Los Angeles, The Forum
    November 23, 2013 - Los Angeles, Sports Arena
    September 26, 2021 - Dana Point, Ohana Festival
    October 2, 2021 - Dana Point, Ohana Festival
    May 3, 2022 - San Diego, Aztex Bowl
    May 6 & 7, 2022- Los Angeles, The Forum
    May 16, 2022 - Fresno, Save Mart Center
    September 13 & 15, 2023 - FT. Worth, Dickies 
    September 18 & 19, 2023 - Austin, Moody Center

• Options
    LizosaurusRexLizosaurusRex Bend, OR Posts: 35
    Magic. Everyone had a great time, including and especially Ed. He was very clearly touched by all the support for him and EBRP. What a special couple of nights.

He actually pulled off Mrs. Mills! :) 

The place was downright THUNDEROUS for a few seconds during the final round of applause after RITFW. Incredible. 

Note to drunk people: the whole theater does not want or need to hear your story. Do not yell out multiple long full sentences at a concert.

Also, fun: two excellent birthday gifts were given out: a signed baseball from N1, expertly thrown by EV up to a third tier box, and a half bottle of wine to a sweet gal in a sparkly dress.

• Options
    Magic. Everyone had a great time, including and especially Ed. He was very clearly touched by all the support for him and EBRP. What a special couple of nights.

The place was downright THUNDEROUS for a few seconds during the final round of applause after RITFW. Incredible. 

Note to drunk people: the whole theater does not want or need to hear your story. Do not yell out multiple long full sentences at a concert.

Also, fun: two excellent birthday gifts were given out: a signed baseball from N1, expertly thrown by EV up to a third tier box, and a half bottle of wine to a sweet gal in a sparkly dress.

Great pics! Did you use an Iphone? I keep trying to figure out how to get my shot to come out a bit more clear/focused. these are great. 

----
    November 5, 1993 - Indio, CA, Polo Fileds
    July 4, 1998 - Los Angeles, The Forum
    November 23, 2013 - Los Angeles, Sports Arena
    September 26, 2021 - Dana Point, Ohana Festival
    October 2, 2021 - Dana Point, Ohana Festival
    May 3, 2022 - San Diego, Aztex Bowl
    May 6 & 7, 2022- Los Angeles, The Forum
    May 16, 2022 - Fresno, Save Mart Center
    September 13 & 15, 2023 - FT. Worth, Dickies 
    September 18 & 19, 2023 - Austin, Moody Center

• Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,760
    Coincidentally the baseball birthday gift resulted from a drunk guy yelling out multiple full sentences to the whole theater.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    Coincidentally the baseball birthday gift resulted from a drunk guy yelling out multiple full sentences to the whole theater.
    His was sweet though. He yelled "MY HEART. IS FULL. BEING HERE. WITH ALL. YOU LOVELY PEOPLE." Or something to that effect. It was annoying the first time around, but once we actually heard what he said it was unexpectedly touching!
  • Options

Great pics! Did you use an Iphone? I keep trying to figure out how to get my shot to come out a bit more clear/focused. these are great. 

No, I used my Z Flip, which has a pretty terrible camera. iPhone would have taken much better pics. But the lighting was great in these moments.
  • Options

Also I resist the urge to zoom in... I think the digital zoom kills a lot of phone photos. Better just to not even try to get the tiny details. But again I have a terrible phone camera!
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,220
    Loved both shows, Night 2 was my favourite.

Wildflowers if my favourite Tom Petty song, and I'd seen Tom Petty twice but unfortunately not played at either show.   Ed started to play it on night 1, then alluded to playing something else instead, and stopped. I was like nooooo.. and I think the crowd felt the same way.. he resumed.  Good times :)

• Options
    andrew68andrew68 Toronto Posts: 1,791
    Love everyone's recaps! The little details about the show and reading the comments make it that much more memorable.

great night indeed !

Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,301
    Beautiful backdrops! :star:

+

String Quartet:
    Sada James Doup, violin
    Brianna Atwell, violin
    April Acevez Cameron, viola :smile:
    Chris Worswick, cello
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,301
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024