Options

Mansfield Accomodations

gozzo5058gozzo5058 Posts: 611
edited April 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
This may have been requested in another thread somewhere, however as I can't find that thread here goes:

Would someone be so kind as to point me in the direction of:

1) a decent but affordable hotel/motel near Mansfield

and

2) is within walking distance of the venue (if this is a possibility, not ever having been to this venue).

Thanks
s

Montreal/98, Toronto/00'03'05'06x2, Brad Toronto/02, Buffalo/03, Kitchener/05, London/05, Hamilton/05, Late Show Taping/06, Cleveland/06, Pittsburgh/06, Bridge School Benefit Concert/06, Hartford/08, Mansfield 1/08, EV Montreal/08x2, EV Toronto/08x2...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    -Q--Q- Posts: 169
    no hotels within walking distance. just do a search of hotels in mansfield or foxboro. there is 4 or 5 that are less then 5 miles away
  • Options
    -Q- wrote:
    no hotels within walking distance. just do a search of hotels in mansfield or foxboro. there is 4 or 5 that are less then 5 miles away

Thanks, I'll do that.

s
    s

Montreal/98, Toronto/00'03'05'06x2, Brad Toronto/02, Buffalo/03, Kitchener/05, London/05, Hamilton/05, Late Show Taping/06, Cleveland/06, Pittsburgh/06, Bridge School Benefit Concert/06, Hartford/08, Mansfield 1/08, EV Montreal/08x2, EV Toronto/08x2...
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I booked a holiday inn 15-20 minutes away, north attleboro, at least google maps says its that close, always tough finding a place. Good luck, coming from Ontario.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    I usually stay in Framingham, about 30 min. away. One caution though, since it's a monday night show (I'm assuming you're talking about the 6/30 show) you need to be REALLY careful about getting stuck in rush hour traffic on the way to the show. I-495 is generally bumper to bumper any weekday evening. I'll be keeping an eye on traffic reports in the coming weeks to get a sense of just how tricky it's going to be.
  • Options
    merlin2600 wrote:
    I usually stay in Framingham, about 30 min. away. One caution though, since it's a monday night show (I'm assuming you're talking about the 6/30 show) you need to be REALLY careful about getting stuck in rush hour traffic on the way to the show. I-495 is generally bumper to bumper any weekday evening. I'll be keeping an eye on traffic reports in the coming weeks to get a sense of just how tricky it's going to be.

Actually considering the saturday night show...but thanks for the heads-up!
    s

• Options
    gozzo5058 wrote:
    This may have been requested in another thread somewhere, however as I can't find that thread here goes:

Would someone be so kind as to point me in the direction of:

1) a decent but affordable hotel/motel near Mansfield

and

2) is within walking distance of the venue (if this is a possibility, not ever having been to this venue).

Thanks

There is a Red Roof Inn in Mansfield which is probably closest but still not walking distance. Anything in Foxboro is pretty close by.
  • Options
    schmoffschmoff Posts: 428
    50+ shows and lost count somewhere along the way
  • Options
    going to stay in providence about 20 minutes away
    4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/8/03, 7/14/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05, 5/4/06, 5/12/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/30/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10
  • Options
    schmoff wrote:

yikes, too expensive.

I'm staying at the RRI, your hotel is within walking distance, I'll see you in the bar!

we should consider having the pre party there.
  • Options
    arhoopsarhoops Posts: 110
    I just booked my hotel this afternoon.

Gonna be staying in a Best Western about 15 mins outside of Boston and 30 mins from Mansfield... nice spot... gonna drive there from the Hartford show... check out Boston Saturday morning into early afternoon, then go to the show. Looking forward to it.... very reasonable, nice play about 80 bucks a night.
    i only own my mind- i am mine.

Detroit 2- 2003, Toledo- 2004, Grand Rapids- 2004, Kitchener- 2005, London- 2005, Hamilton- 2005, Toronto 1- 2006, Toronto 2- 2006, Grand Rapids- 2006. Cleveland- 2006, Detroit- 2006, Lollapalooza- 2007, Mansfield 1- 2008
  • Options
    QubeQube Posts: 44
    not good help to the original post but tf green airport and providence are a much better option than boston and logan
  • Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    I actually need some help for Mansfield. I'm going on June 30th for the show, but I plan on staying at a hotel in Boston so that I can also check out the city while I'm there... anyone know how I can make the ride to and from the show? I know it's like 30-45 minutes away and won't have a ride there... my friends and I aren't really looking forward to taking a cab... any suggestions?
  • Options
    thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 3,671
    I actually need some help for Mansfield. I'm going on June 30th for the show, but I plan on staying at a hotel in Boston so that I can also check out the city while I'm there... anyone know how I can make the ride to and from the show? I know it's like 30-45 minutes away and won't have a ride there... my friends and I aren't really looking forward to taking a cab... any suggestions?
    you are going to pay an arm and a leg to stay in the city
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    schmoff wrote:

Hey! That's where I'm staying!
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    VartVart Posts: 291
    I'm staying at the Comfort Inn in Foxboro for three nights and going to both shows.
    PJ: 8/27/00 4/29/03 9/15/05 5/12/06 6/28/08 6/30/08 8/21/09 5/15/10 5/21/10 9/11/11 9/12/11 9/14/11 10/25/13 10/27/13 10/29/13 10/30/13 8/5/16 8/7/16 9/2/18 9/4/18
    EV: 8/09/08 8/10/08 6/08/09 6/09/09 6/18/11
  • Options

We're in the same boat - flying in from Toronto on Sunday staying in Boston all week - haven't figured out yet how we'll get to the show and back on Monday - any ideas or hook ups are appreciated - if we get enough of us, I'll drive a school bus there - any takers on driving it back!

let's keep talking... :)
    the little that you see, it's home
  • Options
    rbzombierbzombie Posts: 7
    Is there anything in Mansfield....good pubs or bars? Restaurants? I also heard that exiting the parking lot is a nightmare....tips to avoid this?
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    rbzombie wrote:
    I also heard that exiting the parking lot is a nightmare....tips to avoid this?

Pay the money, if you want to, and park in the first pay-to-park VIP lot you see that is just outside the entrance on the right.

I've been stuck in that lot for 3 hours after a show. It's not pretty. 3-4 lots that all feed into 2 exiting lanes.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    BinFrog wrote:
    Pay the money, if you want to, and park in the first pay-to-park VIP lot you see that is just outside the entrance on the right.

I've been stuck in that lot for 3 hours after a show. It's not pretty. 3-4 lots that all feed into 2 exiting lanes.

I hate that....I will not leave early to avoid the jam. So.....you are saying that if I pay to park in the 1st VIP parking lot....just outside the entrance on the right I should be able to avoid the huge exiting jam?
  • Options
    rbzombie wrote:
    I hate that....I will not leave early to avoid the jam. So.....you are saying that if I pay to park in the 1st VIP parking lot....just outside the entrance on the right I should be able to avoid the huge exiting jam?

Yes. There are 2 VIP lots, at least as of last summer, but one is slightly inside the complex, whereas the one you see from the main road is outside and avoids the exit lanes altogether. You might get backed up for a few mins, but they are usually good at waving through 20-30 cars at a time from the VIP lot. The entrance to 495 is RIGHT there when you take a left outside of the VIP lot.

Be ready to pay though. Every year the price goes up to park there. It was $20 a few years ago. I heard rumors of $40 this year. Ugh.
  • Options
    BinFrog wrote:
    Yes. There are 2 VIP lots, at least as of last summer, but one is slightly inside the complex, whereas the one you see from the main road is outside and avoids the exit lanes altogether. You might get backed up for a few mins, but they are usually good at waving through 20-30 cars at a time from the VIP lot. The entrance to 495 is RIGHT there when you take a left outside of the VIP lot.

Be ready to pay though. Every year the price goes up to park there. It was $20 a few years ago. I heard rumors of $40 this year. Ugh.

40 BUCKS!!!!! UGH.....too much greed breeds hate
  • Options
    gozzo5058 wrote:

Thanks

unfortunately, I don't think there's anyway to walk to this venue.
  • Options
    rbzombie wrote:
    40 BUCKS!!!!! UGH.....too much greed breeds hate

eh it's not that bad though, think about it. it costs at least $30-$40/day to park in a garage or lot in the city. hell I had an emergency and had to drive to work one day and the lot across the street was $9/hour.
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    BinFrog wrote:

yep i paid $42 with TM fees to buy a VIP parking pass for the saturday show. truly pisses me off really, but being 'trapped' in a parking lot far worse. :mad: i may well be on my own at that point too, so i most definitely just want to breeze the hell outta there and get to my hotel.

that said, FYI - i booked the sheraton in milford, about 15-20 minutes NW of mansfield - for $60 thru priceline. :) with taxes/fees i think it's $73 for the night, not bad at all. just be sure to chooose milford and 3 star if you want to name your own price and get the sheraton.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    that said, FYI - i booked the sheraton in milford, about 15-20 minutes NW of mansfield - for $60 thru priceline. :) with taxes/fees i think it's $73 for the night, not bad at all. just be sure to chooose milford and 3 star if you want to name your own price and get the sheraton.

Milford is where I live...don't think I need a hotel :)
  • Options
    BinFrog wrote:
    Milford is where I live...don't think I need a hotel :)

well how convenient for you. :)

i was sharing for ALL, not you specifically. :p

and yes, it's GREAt having local shows, isn't it? thus why i sooooo LOVE MSG shows! :cool:

i've never sen a show in mansfield, but knowing it'll be the boston crowd, i look forward to it. hit up the 2 boston shows in 2004....had a BLAST! the NE in general just knows how to have a great time! :D

and since you live there...can you confirm the drive time? and easy? it looked so according to mapquest. also, any restaurant reccomendations would be appreciated too.

is there a preparty fundraiser thing planned? i haven't seen a thread about it, and i want one, damnnit!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    and since you live there...can you confirm the drive time? and easy? it looked so according to mapquest. also, any restaurant reccomendations would be appreciated too.

The drive is SUPER easy. Just get on 495S and look for signs. I think it is exit 11 (Milford is exits 19-21). The only issue comes in about 2-3 miles before the exit off of 495. If you get a late start, you'll sit there for a while. If a show is at 7:30, I like to hit the exit by 6 at the latest, as you could sit at the off-ramp for a while as cars filter in to park for the show. Grab a parking spot early and just chill.

What kind of food are you into? Milford is not the greatest town, but they do one thing right: restaurants. Sushi, Mexican, Italian, Thai, Chinese, Subs, Upscale American, you name it. My favorite sushi place in MA is a 5 minute walk from my condo. Gimme some ideas and I'll tell you where to go :). If you like Thai food, you are in luck.

If you like to shop, the Wrentham outlets (about halfway between Milford and Mansfield) is a famous outlet outdoor shopping area.
  • Options

Thanks for the heads up! Just booked a room there with fees came to $78.
  • Options
    BinFrog wrote:
    The drive is SUPER easy. Just get on 495S and look for signs. I think it is exit 11 (Milford is exits 19-21). The only issue comes in about 2-3 miles before the exit off of 495. If you get a late start, you'll sit there for a while. If a show is at 7:30, I like to hit the exit by 6 at the latest, as you could sit at the off-ramp for a while as cars filter in to park for the show. Grab a parking spot early and just chill.

What kind of food are you into? Milford is not the greatest town, but they do one thing right: restaurants. Sushi, Mexican, Italian, Thai, Chinese, Subs, Upscale American, you name it. My favorite sushi place in MA is a 5 minute walk from my condo. Gimme some ideas and I'll tell you where to go :). If you like Thai food, you are in luck.

If you like to shop, the Wrentham outlets (about halfway between Milford and Mansfield) is a famous outlet outdoor shopping area.

cool!
    i LOVE mexican, italian and thai...so any/all suggestions are good. :)
    if any are good places/open for lunch, do please let me know.

and no, i am not really a shopper, but thanks for the tip. i realize i may have time to kill, whatever....and know there's not much around, but i am not heading to boston....so that may just be the ticket.

triangleman...you're welcome! :) thus why i posted. i really like sheratons, i've stayed at em recently on my last 3 pj tours....canada 2005, italy 2006 and amsterdam in 2007. nice way on my last night of a tour to pamper myself after being crowded and traveling with others...so usually last night on my own before heading home. :) will actually be kicking off this tour at a sheraton in DC, but for that, our anniversary weekend....mr. dream will be with me. ;)

*btw - if there is no *official* preparty planned, any/all suggestions for good bars/restaurants those of us so inclined to meet up, do please make suggestions. that's half the fun of traveling for pj...meeting new fans!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    cool!
    triangleman...you're welcome! :) thus why i posted. i really like sheratons, i've stayed at em recently on my last 3 pj tours....canada 2005, italy 2006 and amsterdam in 2007. nice way on my last night of a tour to pamper myself after being crowded and traveling with others...so usually last night on my own before heading home. :) will actually be kicking off this tour at a sheraton in DC, but for that, our anniversary weekend....mr. dream will be with me. ;)

*btw - if there is no *official* preparty planned, any/all suggestions for good bars/restaurants those of us so inclined to meet up, do please make suggestions. that's half the fun of traveling for pj...meeting new fans!

Thanks again! My best friend and I are kicking off our tour in Camden and ending at Mansfield #1 (if only I had more funds and vacation time at work to hit show #2!!!) Can't complain, 7 shows in 10 days, heaven on earth! I've been to 10 shows since 96, but this is our first true touring with the band experience!!! Bring on the preparties and the sushi . . .yum

BinFrog, what's the name of that sushi place???