Options

****The Countdown Is On!!!! The Official Atlanta 1994 30th-Anniversary Discussion Thread****

2»

Comments

• Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,152
    There was an official 3 cd set called “Dissident” issued by Epic. It did not cover the full show, but nearly all of it!
  • Options
    TN49724TN49724 Posts: 99
    I remember sitting in the garage in my mom’s 94 Camry, 9th grade, like it was yesterday .  Unbelievable, where does the time go 
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,911
    There was an official 3 cd set called “Dissident” issued by Epic. It did not cover the full show, but nearly all of it!

I remembered Sam The Record Man releasing each CD a month apart. It was so cool. Wished Sony Music released more like this. 
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,511
    3 weeks!
  • Options
    BettrMan21BettrMan21 Chattanooga,Tn Posts: 278
    joseph33 said:
    They are overdue to play Atlanta again.
    It's pretty wild that they don't. After 20 years without a proper show, it has to be purposeful. I'm sure they have their reasons, I guess.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,240
    joseph33 said:
    It's pretty wild that they don't. After 20 years without a proper show, it has to be purposeful. I'm sure they have their reasons, I guess.
    As good a reason as any:

Pearl Jam's Jeff Ament Injured in Robbery Outside Atlanta Studio (rollingstone.com)
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    BettrMan21BettrMan21 Chattanooga,Tn Posts: 278
    Poncier said:
    joseph33 said:
    As good a reason as any:

Pearl Jam's Jeff Ament Injured in Robbery Outside Atlanta Studio (rollingstone.com)
    Not disagreeing but they played the Midtown festival in 12 so I'd imagine he's dealt with those demons by now. Regardless, I hope they have a change of heart at some point. 
  • Options
    Getting closer!!

• Options
    edited March 29
    Post edited by YourDirtisMyfood on
  • Options
    Easter weekend memories!
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,331
    I still maintain that the tapes of this show off the radio sound better than the soundboard recording of the show-- or of any other show out of the 125 or so official bootleg CDs I own. The radio station's dynamic range compression just gives it this immediacy and power that is unlike any other recording I've heard.

That was really a great weekend on a personal level. The show, the Final Four and a reunion with a high-school love while home from college for Easter. Little did I know that bad news was just around the corner: Kurt Cobain was found dead the following Friday, April 8, which made the next weekend pretty morose. But then, on Monday, April 11, I saw my first Pearl Jam show, meeting Ed, Jeff and Dave afterward, and the cloud lifted.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    Legendary. So glad I have them on vinyl. Wish I still had my cassette bootlegs though! They died! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Today is the day!  I have cassettes somewhere I think.  Memories like fingerprints.  30 years, just wow.
  • Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,152
    Feel like I should get stressed this afternoon and buy some cassette tapes so I can be near the radio.

What a show!
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,446
    The GREATEST concert ever performed, by any band, in history. 
    I truly believe that. 
    It certainly is my favorite all time PJ show and my favorite of any band.  This is the show that made me go from liking Pearl Jam to being obsessed.  The studio albums were great, but once I heard the magic of a live show from start to finish I was hooked. I’m sure I’ve listened to this show around 500 times in my life.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,563
    My favorite boot as well. I also prefer the radio broadcast over the soundboard recording. This show captures PJ at their rawest and best as far as I am concerned. The performance of the songs are just top top stuff and as mentioned; Eddies voice was never better. The show is complete fire from start to finish, and the version of State of Love and Trust will always be my go to version. 

The three cd single was sold separately here in Norway, and I had to hunt down the cds from different music stores. Good memories! I remember having to spend quite a lot of time to find cd #2. In the end, I found it at the kiosk at a small airport. 
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,446
    edited April 3
    Niko80 said:
    My favorite boot as well. I also prefer the radio broadcast over the soundboard recording. This show captures PJ at their rawest and best as far as I am concerned. The performance of the songs are just top top stuff and as mentioned; Eddies voice was never better. The show is complete fire from start to finish, and the version of State of Love and Trust will always be my go to version. 

The three cd single was sold separately here in Norway, and I had to hunt down the cds from different music stores. Good memories! I remember having to spend quite a lot of time to find cd #2. In the end, I found it at the kiosk at a small airport. 
    I taped the broadcast on cassette.  My favorite version too! I wish I still had that tape. I nearly wore it out.  I remember being excited by the idea of having the show on cd with the dissident singles but then being disappointed that it wasn’t the full show. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Happy Birthday!
  • Options
    crashing88crashing88 Posts: 203
    demetrios said:
    Happy Birthday!
    🎉🎉🎉
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,563
    🥁🥁🥳💪💯
    I will swallow poison