Options

Any knitters going to the DC show on the 22nd?

Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
edited June 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
If so, maybe we could have a little knitting group at a cafe near the Verizon center the morning of the 22nd or the morning of the 21st. We could even meet on the Mall somewhere or on the steps near the Capitol or on the steps near the Library of Congress. We could also meet on those platform benches in Union Station for a little bit. Any other knitters going to the show?
There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
    Damn it! I'll be knitting away in Tampa all by myself while DC is getting their knitting groove on! ;):D
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • Options
    Biggest WaveBiggest Wave Posts: 686
    This is a joke. Right?
  • Options
    This is a joke. Right?
    No, I like to knit. I probably won't be able to make the fundraiser. I thought this would be another avenue for PJ fans to meet, and have at least 2 things in common to talk about:

1. The tour
    2. Knitting
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    ProgFan511ProgFan511 Posts: 51
    Id come and join ya but i dont know how to knit. And we could talk about past PJ shows but this is my first. lol
    6/22/08 DC
  • Options
    Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Why? You can't knit if you're a pearl jam fan? Or is it because you're not considered "cool" if you're knitting.

Ms. Haiku, good for you making the call to everyone! If I was attending DC show, I'd definitely be interested!

I think it's just that...for people who don't knit and aren't really aware of the fact that people do it as a social event...it kind of sounds like:

Anyone else do crossword puzzles? Want to meet at the Lincoln Memorial and do crossword puzzles?

Just sounds a little funny to those who are not into knitting.

You have to see it. No?
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    If so, maybe we could have a little knitting group at a cafe near the Verizon center the morning of the 22nd or the morning of the 21st. We could even meet on the Mall somewhere or on the steps near the Capitol or on the steps near the Library of Congress. We could also meet on those platform benches in Union Station for a little bit. Any other knitters going to the show?

Aww I'm not going to the DC show, but if I was I definitely would have come to crochet with you (assuming you're friendly to crocheters!). Are you on ravelry? Maybe ravelry needs a 10C group...
  • Options
    Aww I'm not going to the DC show, but if I was I definitely would have come to crochet with you (assuming you're friendly to crocheters!). Are you on ravelry? Maybe ravelry needs a 10C group...
    I am on Ravelry: PrlJamFan :D

I thought of creating a PJ group, but I'm a part of so many ravelry groups I just let it slip away. Are you on ravelry?
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    I am on Ravelry: PrlJamFan :D

I thought of creating a PJ group, but I'm a part of so many ravelry groups I just let it slip away. Are you on ravelry?

Yup - I just sent you a message from my raverly account.
  • Options
    Yup - I just sent you a message from my raverly account.
    Yep, got it. :)

WWKIP (WorldWide Knit in Public) day is this Saturday. Here's a website with info on LYSs (local yarn shop)

http://www.americasknitting.com/index.htm