Options

One Song Request for EV solo show:04/20/02

Obsidian22Obsidian22 Posts: 298
edited July 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
So I was listening to Lost Dogs a week ago. I seem to pull that cd out when I need a little mellow Pearl Jam to sort my thoughts out. I bought Lost Dogs in 2006. I lost my brother to a suicide/drug overdose in July 2006. It is only now that I heard 04/20/02.Ed's tribute song to Layne Staley(Alice in Chains frontman) Odd, really fucking odd, but how did I miss this song.
If there is one song I would love to request for Eddie's show in Toronto this would be it. It is gut wrenching, hard hitting and completely RAW. Pefect for Massey Hall's accoustics.

So all you fools
Who sing just like him
Feel free to do so now
Cuz he's dead

Using, using, using
The using takes toll
Isolation
Just so happy to be one
Sad to, sad to think
Sad to think of him more
Lonesome friend, we all know
Always thought you'd pull through
No blame, no blame
No blame, it could be you
Using, you can't grow old using

So sing just like him , fuckers
It won't offend him, Just me, because he's dead
Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's Soul remains Unawakened.
Anatole France
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I love this song too and would love to hear it. I'm sorry about your brother.
  • Options
    I love this song too and would love to hear it. I'm sorry about your brother.

Thank you girlinthewhitepants.I do love this song too, and just think it would be perfect for his solo tour. Intimate theatre setting and such. I was so into Bee Girl for a month and one day just looked at the counter timing and saw 9 mins 55secs. ???? I left the room and then I hear a deep voice singing, low and behold it's Eddie. Going nuts on the guitar and his pissed off, hurt voice singing this song the day he found out about Layne Staley's death. I played it over and over, cuz the words just leaped into my brain.

Peace and Love
    Anatole France
  • Options
    heartdesireheartdesire Posts: 430
    Hope you get your request. So sorry about your brother.
    "i'm a dedicated insomniac" ~ ev nyc beacon 6/22
  • Options
    Hope you get your request. So sorry about your brother.

Thank you heart&desire. I know it's a downer kind of song, but it is still a great emotional cathartic choice. I love all the songs Eddie does for Into the Wild too, and the setlists from the April Fools tour were stellar. Just thought this one would put a little sometihng else into the tour. It would be great if he played it at the Toronto shows i am attending. Beggars can't be choosers, or can they?
    Peace
    Anatole France