Options

New found Appreciation for Garden

Pats54Pats54 Posts: 276
edited July 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
I was never really a big fan of this song, always so so on it. Heard it at the Mansfield show and it blew me away. Can't get enough of the song now. It was unbelievable at that show.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pats54 wrote:
    I was never really a big fan of this song, always so so on it. Heard it at the Mansfield show and it blew me away. Can't get enough of the song now. It was unbelievable at that show.

You should have heard it when they played it at MSG II, It was just sick to hear that opening riff in that setting.
  • Options
    UNH1995UNH1995 Worcester Posts: 356
    back in the day, this song rocked

then it became weird
    sounded strange
    eddie sang certain parts

this tour, they rocked it once again
    eddie screamed the parts again and sang with much more passion

all of the TEN songs were amazing
    it was just like 1992's energy, with far better skill
    Lalapalooza 1992, Orphium Boston 1994, Hartford 1998, Mansfield 1998, Mansfield 2000, Mansfield 2003(1&3), West Palm 2003, State College 2003, Boston 2004, Albany 2006, Hartford 2006, Chicago 2006, Boston 2006, Mansfield 2008(1&2), Hartford 2008, Hartford 2010, Boston 2010, Worcester 2013 (1&2), All Four Fenway shows 2016 & 2018.
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,948
    finally hearing the normal version at MSG was outta this world. mike nailed the guitar
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II '24
  • Options
    Dissident67Dissident67 Posts: 565
    i am so pleased that this song rocks as hard as it should, and as hard as it did originally. the version they played on the 06 tour was just not as good, mike played it perfect on this tour and i cant wait to hear it again
    "Change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks"
  • Options
    NothingSoundNothingSound Posts: 198
    That version at Mansfield II was out of this world amazing.
  • Options
    My favorite song on 10.
  • Options
    ballgameballgame Posts: 201
    Its the way they play it now thats great. That heavy intro riff
  • Options
    bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    ballgame wrote:
    Its the way they play it now thats great. That heavy intro riff

That's just not true. :)
    Original version = much better
    Glad to see it make a come back! Even happier to have seen it live this year! :)
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,860
    garden at the garden was fucken amazing!!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    i_am_minei_am_mine Posts: 53
    i liked the version they did in '06 but it will be cool to hear them do it the original way. im thinking i should get both msg boots..
  • Options
    riffrandallriffrandall Posts: 685
    Pats54 wrote:

I hear ya. I felt the same way before Hartford & now I can't stop listening to it.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."