Options

Eddies solo show..questions

BMoore09BMoore09 Posts: 177
edited July 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
Are they a sit-down affair?
I'm going (to try) to go an NYC show and from the looks of the place it just seems more "upscale." Maybe it would be nice for a change to actually sit anyways.. :-)

Also, do people "dress-up" for the occasion?

I've just always been to PJ shows (11 or so), and usually ride up in shorts and some flipflops. It's ALWAYS been hot at all the shows ive been to. Mostly outdoor. Hell, the warmest show ive ever been to was sitting and waiting outside the Vic in Chicago in line!

Anything else I should know as far as how different a PJ and Eddie show are?

thanks!
West Palm Beach I, WPB II, Tampa, New Orleans, Memphis, Nashville 2000
West Palm Beach 2003
Tampa 2003
The VIC - Chicago 2007
West Palm Beach 2008
Tampa 2008
Ed Solo 2008 NYC
Philly 10/30/2009
Columbus 2010
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    hewyhewy Posts: 140
    I went to both vancouver shows and people weren't generally too dressed-up...pretty much the same as a pearl jam show. but, there was definitely a lot more sitting down at the eddie affair. seats were pretty comfy :) it was also a lot more laid-back due to the acoustic nature.

man I hope I can get some tickets for this 2nd leg...it was really awesome last time!
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    The ones on the west coast everyone sat. Ed even asked everyone to. They are very small/ intimate venues. The only time everyone stood was at the closer Hard Sun.
    As to the dress, it was very casual, just your normal concert. Of course, this is the west coast and we're more casual anyway. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    BMoore09BMoore09 Posts: 177
    wolfbear wrote:
    Of course, this is the west coast and we're more casual anyway. :)

yeah, im wondering if people will dressup more since its in NYC. Maybe itll be even MORE casual since fans may come from a farther distance..like me...I dunno. Any more insight from anyone else?
    West Palm Beach I, WPB II, Tampa, New Orleans, Memphis, Nashville 2000
    West Palm Beach 2003
    Tampa 2003
    The VIC - Chicago 2007
    West Palm Beach 2008
    Tampa 2008
    Ed Solo 2008 NYC
    Philly 10/30/2009
    Columbus 2010
  • Options
    TangerineTangerine Posts: 880
    BMoore09 wrote:
    yeah, im wondering if people will dressup more since its in NYC. Maybe itll be even MORE casual since fans may come from a farther distance..like me...I dunno. Any more insight from anyone else?

I'm wondering this too for the Boston shows. I think I'd be a little uncomfortable in a tank top, jeans and flip flops going to the Opera House. What I was thinking was maybe nice jeans a dressier shirt and little heels (sandals). I don't think it would be overdressed for a concert but still nice enough for the Opera House. Then again we saw people in sweats at the New Amsterdam theater on Broadway for a night show so who knows how to dress these days?
    2006: Boston I, Camden II
    2007: Chicago
    2008: Hartford, Mansfield I & II, EV Boston
    2009: Philly III & IV
    2010: Boston
    2011: PJ20
    2012: Philly
    2013: Worcester I & II, Brooklyn I & II
  • Options
    58823005882300 Posts: 813
    Yep, everyone seated until the end of the shows. Hard to do at some points but that's just the way these go. It is insanely difficult to sit through Liam Finn, that man makes you want to shake your ass off.

In regard to dress, I would venture to say that shorts and flip flops are fine. Everyone pretty much had on the same concert attire as normal excpet for a few dorks. I guess if someone wants to bust out a T length cocktail dress and heals go for it, but I will be snickering at you.
  • Options
    TangerineTangerine Posts: 880
    5882300 wrote:
    Everyone pretty much had on the same concert attire as normal excpet for a few dorks.

It's a totally different concert experience than tailgating in Mansfield for instance, where I wore a t-shirt, jeans and flip flops (and commented on all the young girls in minis and high heels). I wouldn't go all out with the cocktail dress and 3 inch spikes but if we're going out to dinner before the show we clearly cannot wear t-shirts, shorts and flip flops. I think it's weird to wear t's to the Opera house, call me old fashioned.
    2006: Boston I, Camden II
    2007: Chicago
    2008: Hartford, Mansfield I & II, EV Boston
    2009: Philly III & IV
    2010: Boston
    2011: PJ20
    2012: Philly
    2013: Worcester I & II, Brooklyn I & II
  • Options
    Reddev10Reddev10 Posts: 63
    If I get tickets I'm wearing shorts, a t-shirt and flip flops.
    Terry
    www.myspace.com/terryphilly
  • Options
    joewilliejoewillie Posts: 26
    Reddev10 wrote:
    If I get tickets I'm wearing shorts, a t-shirt and flip flops.

No doubt...it middle of Aug in NYC is Hot Hot Hot!
    8/12/92 Waterloo; 4/6/94 Springfield; 9/28/96 NYC; 9/29/96 NYC;
    5/19/97 Mercury Lounge (Tuatara w/Mike; 6/8/97 Randells Island (Ed & Mike; 9/8/98 East Rutherford; 9/10/98 MSG; 9/11/98 MSG; 8/23/00 Jones Beach; 4/30/03 Nassau; 7/8/03 MSG; 5/31/06 The Avalon; 6/24/08 MSG; 8/5/08 United Palace (Ed); 5/20/10 MSG; 5/21/10 MSG
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    LA: I wore t-shirts and flip flops and capris
    Chicago: I will wear t-shirts and flipflops and capris
    as some have pointed out, it is HOT in august...and my personal comfort far outweighs any fashion dictates
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    NothingSoundNothingSound Posts: 198
    Besides the ITW soundtrack how does he fill the setlist? Is it Pearl Jam songs or covers or other original stuff?
  • Options
    ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    Besides the ITW soundtrack how does he fill the setlist? Is it Pearl Jam songs or covers or other original stuff?

All of the above.
    Just me