Options

MSG accomodation questions???

triangleman12triangleman12 Posts: 193
edited April 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
Here's the scoop . . . A friend and I are going to both MSG shows, we plan on getting a room for night 1, checking out of the hotel the next day, catching the sights of NYC before night 2 and then driving home to PA after the concert. We're looking to save moola, NYC hotels are out of our price range. Here's the question(s)? Will it be cheaper/easier to book a room in Hoboken and take the PATH to MSG? Or book a hotel somewhere in NJ before the Lincoln Tunnel and drive to MSG? I know from recent shows parking near MSG is around 40-50 bucks! Does the PATH run 24/7? Any suggestions/advice much appreciated. Thanks.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    HartydogHartydog Posts: 2,060
    I was reading about his place today in the paper. Perhaps a bit cheaper than a normal hotel.

http://www.thepodhotel.com/index.html
    Boston 9-28-04, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-17-10, 8-5-16, 8-7-16, 9-2-18, 9-4-18
    Hartford 5-13-06, 6-27-08, 10-25-13
    Mansfield, MA 6-30-08, 6-28-08, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 9-15-98, 9-16-98
    Worcester 10-15-13, 10-16-13
  • Options
    I'm also driving in from Pa. I'm staying two nights in Jersey and will drive into Hoboken for the PATH train. The PATH train runs 24/7.
  • Options
    Vedder316Vedder316 Posts: 205
    My wife and I are also driving from western PA. Haven't even started to look for hotels. We are planning on staying 5-6 days to enjoy the city as it will be our 1st trip to the big apple. I'm scared to even see the prices for hotels in the city. Hopefully the weather will be nice and we can explore the city and make it all worth it! The Buccos are playing the Yanks that week at pnc park so iam going to be sporting my Pittsburgh pride all week. So piped up for the shows!
    Many many wonderful shows, since day one.
    Love ya Punkinfur
  • Options
    My wife and I are also driving from western PA. Haven't even started to look for hotels. We are planning on staying 5-6 days to enjoy the city as it will be our 1st trip to the big apple. I'm scared to even see the prices for hotels in the city. Hopefully the weather will be nice and we can explore the city and make it all worth it! The Buccos are playing the Yanks that week at pnc park so iam going to be sporting my Pittsburgh pride all week. So piped up for the shows!
    Love ya Punkinfur
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    bring your own sheets and pillows or a sleeping bag if you are going cheap

seriously
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:

seriously

Really? That bad huh?
    Love ya Punkinfur
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Vedder316 wrote:
    Really? That bad huh?

even nice hotels have cleanliness issues, but the cheap ones are worse. Much worse.
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:

seriously

Thanks for the heads up!
  • Options
    MrsOakleyMrsOakley Posts: 181
    The PATH does run 24/7, but after a concert, you can wait for the Hoboken train for A LONG TIME. Also, be forewarned, parking in Hoboken is just as bad as parking in Manhattan, they charge a fortune as well, and on the street, good luck, no way. Trust me, my hometown, and if Chrissie Hynde thinks HER city was gone...the only things that haven't been gentrified are the sewer system and the cops.

Might want to consider a room in one of the ugly-ass chains in East Rutherford -- buses stop right out front, take you right into Port Authority, about eight blocks north from the Garden, then just a block or so crosstown. From what I've heard, cleanliness isn't an issue; ugly is, but what the hell do you care, you're going to be looking at Pearl Jam!! Buses stop running, though, maybe between one and two am, start up again closer to six, so if you want to stay in and party, party hardy, cause you'll be there till dawn! But you're looking at about a $7 round trip bus ticket...there are a lot of suits and ties at these places, but a lot of tourists trying to afford NY as well...

Hope this helps...
    "Over the dirt, we soar,
    on a search for anything pure."
    Say Goodbye
    jeff aTONEment
    "See, he's got me kinda riled already...jerk..."
    Stoney, about Eddie, with love! (And to his face!)
  • Options
    joebotjoebot Posts: 372
    Here's the scoop . . . A friend and I are going to both MSG shows, we plan on getting a room for night 1, checking out of the hotel the next day, catching the sights of NYC before night 2 and then driving home to PA after the concert. We're looking to save moola, NYC hotels are out of our price range. Here's the question(s)? Will it be cheaper/easier to book a room in Hoboken and take the PATH to MSG? Or book a hotel somewhere in NJ before the Lincoln Tunnel and drive to MSG? I know from recent shows parking near MSG is around 40-50 bucks! Does the PATH run 24/7? Any suggestions/advice much appreciated. Thanks.

Check your message box. I just sent you something.
  • Options
    There's a Ramada Inn in Jersey City that's not terribly expensive if you're sharing a room, though it's a block or two's walk away from parking, as it doesn't have its own lot. The hotel was clean and comfortable and the staff were nice, not what I expected from walking up to it in Jersey City. Also, parking in Jersey City-- there's a lot across from the PATH station at Journal Square that's $12/day, I left my car there for 36 hours or so and only had to pay $22.

I frequently drive up from PA to go into NYC so I've become an expert on PATH and cheap(er) accommodations. I've never stayed anywhere besides Newark/Jersey City for NYC trips, though, so perhaps looking into busing from farther out may be an option.
    and to this day she's glided on, always home
    but so far away, like a word misplaced