Options

Pre Concert drinkfest in Hoboken, NJ before MSG Shows

EddieNJEddieNJ Posts: 23
edited April 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
Those of you that may plan to take the path train from Hoboken let me know. If we can get a decent crew together we can all meet up at the same bar and head over together. The more people we can get together, the better chance I can arrange something with one of the bars to have PJ playing in the bar while we are all there getting our drink on before the show. Could also try to arrange some type of drink specials for the time we're there.

Those who are interested, let me know and where you'll be coming from.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I was thinking about taking the Path train into the city, but doesn't the last train back to Hoboken leave at 11:42? What if the concert runs late and we miss the train?
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,107
    The PATH runs around the clock.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    JITJIT Posts: 47
    hey, Im comin from north jersey. that sound like a great idea!!
  • Options
    RobbieC2008RobbieC2008 Posts: 432
    As stated before, I live in Hoboken 5 minutes from the path...we can pre beer & bong at my place with PJ blastin...keep it cheap
  • Options
    As stated before, I live in Hoboken 5 minutes from the path...we can pre beer & bong at my place with PJ blastin...keep it cheap

How's the parking for the PATH?
    Is there enough of it? I don't want to have a problem when I get there.
  • Options
    RobbieC2008RobbieC2008 Posts: 432
    There is a parking lot right next to the path that I think is like $12 for the night, I may be wrong about the price but there are 2 lots right next to it.
  • Options
    There is a parking lot right next to the path that I think is like $12 for the night, I may be wrong about the price but there are 2 lots right next to it.

I know there are lots there. I was worried about them getting full. Is that ever a problem? They don't appear to be that large.
  • Options
    EddieNJEddieNJ Posts: 23
    I wouldn't worry about parking lots being full. This is never a problem on weekday nights. I know that the parking near MSG on nights when there is an event gets full. They even raise the rate to park anywhere near $35 and up.
  • Options
    ryanjepryanjep Posts: 129
    I live in hoboken so im down to meet up with you guys, just name the place.
  • Options
    JITJIT Posts: 47
    I say we all go to Texas Arizona, its right across the street from the train station
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438

Is it pretty safe? When I'm staying in the city I usually park at Pavonia/Newport and take the path from there, but it parking costs a lot more - I might leave the car at Hoboken if its relatively safe.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    This sounds like a great idea. My girlfriend is at 2nd and Grand, so I will be in Hoboken before these shows. If we need to do some coordinating for this, I am in. Texas Arizona sounds like a great place to meet up. But if there is something being set up at another bar, count me in. I would be more than happy to pitch in.
    "When a person's soul is born in a country, nets are flung at it to hold it back from flight. You speak to me of nationality, language, religion. I shall try to fly past those nets." - James Joyce