Options

Which PJ album translates the best live?

12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
edited May 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
Exactly what the titles say. For me its VS. after 15 years since it has been out, animal,daughter,rearviewmirror, and especialy blood still sound fuckin great. I actually think ed's raspier voice now suits blood much better than it did in the 90's.

So what do u think, which album sounds the best live?
5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
8/7/08, 6/9/09
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    HushBullHushBull Posts: 996
    Riot Act, but it translates the best considering any atmosphere.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
  • Options
    maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    Oh, this is tough. I like them all, but the self-titled album I thought was a lot of fun live - especially Comatose, Inside Job, Severed Hand, Army Reserve.......hell most of it.

But it maybe that I am sick of hearing some older songs like Evenflow, Daughter, Betterman....
    My lips are shaking.......
  • Options
    Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    Ten and Vs.
    What the fuck is this world?
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    HushBull wrote:
    Riot Act, but it translates the best considering any atmosphere.

:thumbs up:
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257
    Binaural or Vitalogy
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i'm going to pick Vs.
  • Options
    Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    how can I be the first to say YIELD?
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • Options
    Lukin66 wrote:
    how can I be the first to say YIELD?

I mean we all know any PJ song is even better if its live, but Yield nowadays isnt as good to hear live as it was. given to fly is too rushed and songs like faithful,in hiding and low light dont sound as good now. VS sounds the best live, and it always will.
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    DontGotIDDontGotID Posts: 137
    Vs. (Animal, Blood, Rearviewmirror, etc.) and Vitalogy (Last Exit and Corduroy and others all great live)
  • Options
    nowayimfaithfullnowayimfaithfull Posts: 2,051
    Exactly what the titles say. For me its VS. after 15 years since it has been out, animal,daughter,rearviewmirror, and especialy blood still sound fuckin great. I actually think ed's raspier voice now suits blood much better than it did in the 90's.

vs
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    G-forceG-force Posts: 218
    vs

You guys are very smart.

It is subjective-but I believe I have an informed opinion also.

Vs........followed by Vitalogy
  • Options
    nowayimfaithfullnowayimfaithfull Posts: 2,051
    G-force wrote:
    You guys are very smart.

It is subjective-but I believe I have an informed opinion also.

Vs........followed by Vitalogy
    its just a very raw energetic album, but yet also has a few songs that are on a story telling kind of level.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    bigshashabigshasha Posts: 38
    i would go with ten. they are much better musicians now than when they recorded that album and i think those songs sound much better now LIVE rather than the studio versions of those songs.
    I wanna run like the lions.
  • Options
    EquallyWorthlessEquallyWorthless Posts: 3,993
    vs ... easily that album is so free it was meant to be played live.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    joebotjoebot Posts: 372

Hear, hear !
    Agreed. Yield is my favorite studio album, but the VS. songs on most bootlegs stand out more than many of the other records live.
  • Options
    this is an easy one, clearly avocado.

not their greatest studio album, but the shows they put on that year, which had a huge amount of avocado played in them were second to none.
    2003: Melbourne 1
    2006: Verona, Vienna, Zagreb, Melbourne 1-2-3, Adelaide 1-2
    2009: Melbourne
    2010: Belfast
    2012: Werchter
    2014: Melbourne, Adelaide, EV Melb 1-2
  • Options
    this is an easy one, clearly avocado.

not their greatest studio album, but the shows they put on that year, which had a huge amount of avocado played in them were second to none.

id say avocado is 2nd best. it did sound great live. Even though i wasnt around for any of the older tours, id say they sounded fresher and better live then when binaural or riot act were new.
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    agreed. as you can see from my sig, the majority of shows i have been to were in the avocado days, but i do have almost all the 2000, and 2003 and after going through them, they definately sounded better post 2004.

having said that, i would give anything to have been able to see them back in the early 90's. it would have been amazing to see a band with that much raw energy on stage. those early 90's european boots are awesome.

I just think that with the quality of their live show now, combined with the diversity of the songs they have written for the last few albums makes them a much better live band than in previous tours.

im babbling, ill stop now
    2003: Melbourne 1
    2006: Verona, Vienna, Zagreb, Melbourne 1-2-3, Adelaide 1-2
    2009: Melbourne
    2010: Belfast
    2012: Werchter
    2014: Melbourne, Adelaide, EV Melb 1-2
  • Options
    agreed. as you can see from my sig, the majority of shows i have been to were in the avocado days, but i do have almost all the 2000, and 2003 and after going through them, they definately sounded better post 2004.

having said that, i would give anything to have been able to see them back in the early 90's. it would have been amazing to see a band with that much raw energy on stage. those early 90's european boots are awesome.

I just think that with the quality of their live show now, combined with the diversity of the songs they have written for the last few albums makes them a much better live band than in previous tours.

im babbling, ill stop now

yup. they started sounding better each tour from 2000 up. I prefer newer shows than older shows because i like eds voice better now and because i like the diversity in the setlists. IMO hearing nothing but ten.vs and vitalogy in one concert is overkill.
    8/7/08, 6/9/09